Author Topic: Will Jesus come back  (Read 5749 times)

centi50

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
Will Jesus come back
« on: April 03, 2017, 10:14:18 PM »
According to Harun Yahya Jesus will return to earth. This from his website. I do believe Jesus is dead, but can anyone comment on the verses he used to prove his case point by point. Thank you

The subject of Jesus' return to earth has been of great interest in the world in recent weeks. In order to learn the truth of this matter, one of course needs to study the signs in the Qur'an.

There is important evidence in the Qur'an regarding the second coming of Jesus. This may be set out as follows:

1. "... I will place the people who follow you above those who are unbelievers until the Day of Resurrection..."

The first verse indicating Jesus' return is given below:

When God said: "Jesus, I will take you back and raise you up to Me, and purify you of those who are unbelievers. And I will place the people who follow you above those who are unbelievers until the Day of Resurrection. Then you will all return to Me, and I will judge between you regarding the things about which you differed. (Qur'an, 3:55)

God mentions that a group of Jesus' true followers will dominate the unbelievers until the Day of Resurrection. Jesus did not have many followers during his tenure on Earth and, with his ascension, the religion that he had brought degenerated rapidly. Over the next two centuries, those who believed in Jesus were oppressed because they had no political power. Therefore, we cannot say that the early Christians dominated the unbelievers in the sense indicated by the verse given above.

At present, Christianity is so far removed from its original state that it no longer resembles the religion taught by Jesus. In this case, "And I will place the people who follow you above those who are unbelievers until the Day of Resurrection" carries a clear message: There has to be a group of Jesus' followers who will exist until the Last Day. Such a group will emerge in his second coming, and those who follow him at that time will dominate the unbelievers until the Last Day.

2. "There is not one of the People of the Book who will not believe in him before he dies..."

In the Qur'an, we read that:

There is not one of the People of the Book who will not believe in him before he dies; and on the Day of Resurrection he [Jesus] will be a witness against them. (Qur'an, 4:159)

The phrase "there is not one of the People of the Book who will not believe in him before he dies" is very interesting. Some scholars believe that the "him/it" in this verse refers to the Qur'an instead of Jesus, and so understand it to mean that the People of the Book will believe in the Qur'an before they die. However, it is beyond dispute that the same word in the preceding two verses refers to Jesus.

Another point we need to make here has to do with the interpretation of "before he dies." Some believe that this stands for the People of the Book "having faith in Jesus before their own death." According to this view, everyone from the People of the Book will definitely believe in Jesus before he or she dies. But so far, millions of the People of the Book have lived and died without ever believing in Jesus. Therefore, the verse does not speak of the death of this group, but rather of the death of Jesus. In the end, the reality revealed by the Qur'an is this: "Before Jesus dies, all People of the Book will believe in him."

This can only be possible with the return to Earth of Jesus and all the People of the Book having faith in him during this second life. That is in fact the promise in the hadiths. (Only God knows for certain.)

3. "He is a Sign of the Hour..."

In the Qur'an, we are informed of Jesus' return to Earth. This verse states that Jesus is a sign of the Hour:

He [Jesus] is a Sign of the Hour. Have no doubt about it. But follow me. This is a straight path. (Qur'an, 43:61)

The great scholars of Islam interpret this pronoun as referring to Jesus, an opinion that they base on other Qur'anic verses and hadiths. In his commentary, Elmalili Muhammad Hamdi Yazir writes that:

No doubt he [Jesus] is a sign of the Hour, one that declares that the Hour will come, that the dead will be resurrected and stand up, because the miracle of Jesus' second coming and his miracle of resurrecting the dead, together with his revelation that the dead will rise, prove that the Day of Judgment is real. According to the hadiths, his arrival is a sign of the Last Day. (Elmalili Muhammad Hamdi Yazir, Kuran-i Kerim Tefsiri (Qur'an Tafsir); www.kuranikerim.com/telmalili/zuhruf.htm)

Jesus lived six centuries before the Qur'an's revelation. Therefore we cannot consider his first life as a sign of the Day of Judgment. The verse says that Jesus will return toward the end of time or, in other words, during the last period of time before the Day of Judgment. In that context, his return is a sign of the Hour's imminent arrival. (God knows best.)

4. "He will teach him the Book and Wisdom, and the Torah and the Gospel."

The verses 45-48 of Sura 3 reveal that God will teach Jesus the "Book," the Torah, and the Gospel. Obviously, this book in question is very important. The same expression is also used in the verse given below:

Remember when God said: "Jesus, son of Mary, remember My blessing to you and to your mother when I reinforced you with the Purest Spirit so that you could speak to people in the cradle and when you were fully grown; and when I taught you the Book and Wisdom, and the Torah and the Gospel." (Qur'an, 5:110)

When we examine how "Book" is used here, we see that it refers to the Qur'an in both cases. The verses reveal that after the Torah, Psalms and the Gospel, the Qur'an is the final divine book. Another verse uses "Book" to denote the Qur'an, after mentioning the Torah and the Gospel. (Qur'an, 3:2-3)

In this case, the Qur'an is the third book that Jesus will be taught. But this will be possible only when he returns to Earth, for he lived 600 years before the Qur'an's revelation. The hadiths also reveal that Jesus will rule with the Qur'an, not the Gospel, on his second coming. This corresponds with the meaning of the verse. (Allah knows best.)

5. "The likeness of Jesus in God's sight is the same as Adam."

The verse "The likeness of Jesus in God's sight is the same as Adam." (Qur'an, 3:59) could also indicate Jesus' return. Muslim scholars who have written Qur'anic commentaries point out that this verse indicates the fact that both Prophets did not have a father, for God created both of them with the command "Be!" However, the verse could also have another meaning: Just as Adam was sent down to Earth from God's presence, Jesus could be sent down to Earth from God's presence during the End Times. (Only God knows for certain.)

6. "...The day I was born, the day I die, and the day I am raised up again alive..."

Surah Maryam also mentions Jesus' death in the following verse:

[Jesus said,] "Peace be upon me the day I was born, the day I die, and the day I am raised up again alive." (Qur'an, 19:33)

When this verse is considered in conjunction with Surah Al `Imran verse 55, an important reality emerges: While Surah Al `Imran states that Jesus was raised up to God's presence and does not mention that he died or was killed, Surah Maryam speaks of the day on which he will die. This second death can only be possible after he returns and lives on Earth for a period of time. (Only God knows for certain.)

7. "... you could speak to people in the cradle and when you were fully grown ?"

Another piece of evidence for Jesus's return is the word kahlaan, used Surat al-Ma'ida 5:110 and Surah Al `Imran 3:46. These verses say:

Remember when God said: "Jesus, son of Mary, remember My blessing to you and to your mother when I reinforced you with the Purest Spirit so that you could speak to people in the cradle and when you were fully grown (kahlaan)?"(Qur'an, 5:110)
He will speak to people in the cradle, and also when fully grown (kahlaan), and will be one of the righteous. (Qur'an, 3:46)

Kahlaan, which is used only in these two verses, only in reference to Jesus, and to express Jesus' adulthood means "someone between the age of 30 and 50, someone who is no longer young, someone who has reached the perfect age." Islamic scholars agree that it denotes the age of 35 or above. They base their views on a hadith reported by Ibn 'Abbas that Jesus was raised up to God's presence in his early 30s, and that he will live for 40 years when he comes again. Therefore, they suggest that this verse is evidence for Jesus' return, since his old age will occur following his second coming. (Muhammed Khalil Herras, Fasl al-Maqal fi raf`i `Isa hayyan wa nuzulihi wa qatlihi ad-Dajjal (Cairo: Maktabat as-Sunnah, 1990), 20.)

In short, the miracle of the second coming of Jesus, revealed in a great many hadiths, is also mentioned in the Qur'an.

Jesus did not die, and will return to Earth again.

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +4/-1
Re: Will Jesus come back
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 11:08:23 PM »
Peace centi50.

Many people ,especially in this generation,are doing "gymnastics" with the words of GOD.
Let me explain further, Jesus ,like all humans was given one go at this life. Qoran is crystal clear that all humans will get one go only in this life until the resurrection. So this clearly means "No way back for any human " to have one more go at it.

This human body can only live here on earth. Once we go from here there is a "barzakh" until the day of resurrection. i.e spirits/souls do not come back to live and mix with humans,Jesus had his life and he will come back like all of us when GOD resurrects all the humans.

None of the verses you mentioned claim that Jesus will come back to mix with the humans that will exist here on trial until GOD ends the trial. i.e Yawmu Al Quiyama".

As for Jesus not dying ,that is another topic that most do not really understand but are taking  wild guesses and do not distinguish between the body and the soul.
 Qoran often refers to Jesus the "soul"( the real person) not  dying. There is an interesting article by Lisa Spray, I have posted it few times here, that explains what happened to Jesus prior to his crucifixion. ( Yes Jesus the body was crucified according to that article)..

Qoran does not contradict itself. Jesus or any other human that left this life will not come back to it. They are waiting for the resurrection,then all of us will come back to a different life. Jesus,like other prophets/Messengers will be a witness on that day.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/

hanslan

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 02:08:54 AM »
just a general comment not to anyone.

for those who believe in reincarnation, maybe jesus came back as john lennon??

Remember his song 'imagine'. 

Finally like all 'messengers' he was killed in the line of duty.

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +111/-1
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 11:51:19 PM »
just a general comment not to anyone.

for those who believe in reincarnation, maybe jesus came back as john lennon??

Remember his song 'imagine'. 

Finally like all 'messengers' he was killed in the line of duty.

Iashua Ha Nozirith will not return.....
Even if "his soul reincarnate" then his soul will "incarnate" on another 'avatar', different name, DNA/gene pool, culture/tradition background etc..

Jesus and John Lennon... interesting thought...
Jesus was an anti-religionist, he fought the religion of his time and place....
That's why I say the Gospel is one of the most anti religion books in ancient time.. although as time progress it became a 'religious' books by itself.

In any case, Jesus, John, Paul, George and Ringo played out their part of shaping human civilization...

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +14/-2
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 02:38:53 AM »
No.

Please see the following article:
http://islam-and-muslims.com/Jesus-cross-substitution.html

THEN also see:
http://www.free-minds.org/jesus-dead-or-alive

Taking the above into account, in terms of what is most likely, it seems that it appeared to them that Jesus had died on the cross, but likely became unconcious/fainted. He then probably lived a period after before dying.

Not only does the above fit with The Quran, but also explains The Biblical/Christian interpretation of him being raised alive, and its associated myths.

I strongly recommend reading the above links and all should be clear.

Side note: Every human being will die and be raised to life again. Please see the use of the word "raise up" (obAAathu), it is commonly used to mean as such. It does not refer to a magical/special resurrection.
e.g. "...if thou wert to say to them, "Ye shall indeed be raised up after death"..." [Yusuf Ali, 11:7]

Further reading:
http://quransmessage.com/articles/is%20second%20coming%20attested%20by%20the%20quran%20FM3.htm
http://quransmessage.com/articles/jesus%20crucifixion%20FM3.htm
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +4/-1
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 03:16:33 AM »
Peace Wakas.
You are familiar with my posts, have you read this one:
Was Jesus crucified?
Historical texts (even from neutral sources as well as Christians and some Jewish writers) confirm a crucifixion.
Was it the body of Jesus on that cross?
Here is verse 4:157:

وَقَولِهِم إِنّا قَتَلنَا المَسيحَ عيسَى ابنَ مَريَمَ رَسولَ اللَّهِ وَما قَتَلوهُ وَما صَلَبوهُ وَلٰكِن شُبِّهَ لَهُم وَإِنَّ الَّذينَ اختَلَفوا فيهِ لَفى شَكٍّ مِنهُ ما لَهُم بِهِ مِن عِلمٍ إِلَّا اتِّباعَ الظَّنِّ وَما قَتَلوهُ يَقينًا
This verse seems to be saying the Jesus they say they killed,they have not really killed him. In fact for certain they did not kill him but (4:158) GOD "Rafaahu Ilayhi"...GOD raised him up to Him.
Both verses give the context along with 3:55:
إِذ قالَ اللَّهُ يٰعيسىٰ إِنّى مُتَوَفّيكَ وَرافِعُكَ إِلَىَّ وَمُطَهِّرُكَ مِنَ الَّذينَ كَفَروا وَجاعِلُ الَّذينَ اتَّبَعوكَ فَوقَ الَّذينَ كَفَروا إِلىٰ يَومِ القِيٰمَةِ ثُمَّ إِلَىَّ مَرجِعُكُم فَأَحكُمُ بَينَكُم فيما كُنتُم فيهِ تَختَلِفونَ

GOD also says Jesus died and  Jesus was raised up to Him.
The question that follows here is: Did Jesus die? How?
Or  a more likely question: Which Jesus died and which Jesus was raised up?

For me ,the following quote from Lisa Spray  connects the verses without a contradiction :

The account of Jesus' death in the Quran is startling. It states: "they never killed Jesus; they never crucified him; they were only made to think that they did." : They claimed that they killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of God. In fact, they never killed him; they never crucified him; they were only made to think that they did. Indeed, those who speculate about him are full of doubt about their own accounts; they are never sure. They only conjecture. What is absolutely certain is: they never killed him. Instead, God raised him to Him. God is Almighty, Most Wise. [Quran 4:157-158]

Undoubtedly, this Quranic narration represents a new and profound account of the death of Jesus. It is bound to shock most people, so some explanation is in order.

The Quran consistently talks about the `real person,' i.e., the soul, when talking about anyone. The Quran differentiates between two human entities: a temporary entity, the body, and an eternal entity which is `the person.' The temporary entity is considered a shell or a garment worn by the lasting entity. The Quran does not regard this temporary shell as `the person.' The importance of the body, or the person's outer shell, is in serving the real person by effecting sufficient growth and development of the soul in preparation for the real, eternal life (of the Hereafter). If we look upon one's body as a wild horse, one attains the required growth and development by taming and controlling the whims of this horse. At the end of one's predetermined interim in this life, one sheds the shell and moves on towards the eternal Hereafter; the body's role ends.

Thus, when the Quran states that "they never crucified Jesus; they never killed him," the word "him" here refers to the real Jesus, not his body.

The body may be present somewhere, but the person may or may not be present with it. People who are familiar with `out-of-body experiences' know that the body is nothing more than a garment or a physical vehicle for the soul. In out-of-body experiences, the intellect remains with the person, not with the body. Those who practice out-of-body (or astral projection) experiments often describe the body as just laying there like an inanimate object.

The Quran explains clearly that Jesus, the real person, was `raised to God' prior to any torture or crucifixion. Those who believed that they were torturing or crucifying Jesus were in fact dealing with Jesus' body, an empty shell devoid of feelings and knowledge..

...In the case of Jesus, all these  verses show that God raised the real person, Jesus' soul, leaving his body for the torturers and crucifiers. Thus, they never tortured Jesus. They never crucified him. He was gone long before any torture or crucifixion of his body:

They plotted and schemed, but so did God; God is the best schemer. Thus, God said, "O Jesus, I am putting you to death; raising you to Me, and ridding you of the disbelievers. I will make those who follow you high above those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then to Me is the ultimate destiny of all of you. Then I will judge among you concerning your disputes." [Quran 3:54-55]

It is astonishing to find this phenomenon, the separation of the real person from the still living body, indicated in the New Testament, and even more specifically stated in some apocryphal literature. There is an especially straightforward reference to this phenomenon reported by James Brashler in THE NAG HAMMADI LIBRARY (Harper & Row, 1977).

The Nag Hammadi Library is a collection of ancient documents unearthed at Nag Hammadi, Egypt. They are described as containing "the sacred scriptures of the Gnostic movement that emerged and rapidly grew in the cradle of civilization at the time of Jesus and early Christianity. Its codices are a priceless periscope into the tumultuous world of ideas brewing during one of civilization's great turning points."

James Brashler describes a vision seen by the apostle Peter, in his introduction to the Gnostic Apocalypse of Peter (Ibid., p. 339):

The first visionary scene, is depicting the hostile priests and people about to kill Jesus (72,4-9)....The second scene (81,3-14) describes Peter's vision of the crucifixion of Jesus. The accompanying interpretation by Jesus makes a distinction between the external physical form and the living Jesus; the latter stands nearby laughing at his ignorant persecutors. A clear distinction is thus made in this ancient literature, very close to the time of Jesus, between "the external physical form," i.e., the body of Jesus, and "the living Jesus." According to this narration, the real person of Jesus was unphased by the torturers and persecutors of his soulless body.

Looking at the translation of the Apocalypse of Peter itself (Ibid., p. 344), we find the startling vision of Peter:

When he had said those things, I saw him seemingly being seized by them. And I said, "What do I see, O Lord, that it is you yourself whom they take, and that you are grasping me? Or who is this one, glad and laughing, on the tree? And is it another one whose feet and hands they are striking?" The Savior said to me, "He whom you saw on the tree, glad and laughing, this is the living Jesus. But this one into whose hands and feet they drive the nails is the fleshy part." [Apocalypse of Peter, VII, 3, 81]

A careful examination of the Gospels of Mark and Luke reveals that Jesus was in fact gone prior to crucifixion. He did not respond to the surrounding chaos. This confirms the apocryphal account reported in the Nag Hammadi Library, and agrees with the mathematically authenticated account of the Quran:

The chief priests, meanwhile, brought many accusations against Jesus. Pilate interrogated him again: "Surely you have some answer? See how many accusations they are leveling against you." But greatly to Pilate's surprise, Jesus made no further response. [Mark 15:3-5]

Herod was extremely pleased to see Jesus. From the reports about him he had wanted to see him, and he was hoping to see him work some miracle. He questioned Jesus at considerable length, but Jesus made no answer. The chief priests and scribes were at hand to accuse him vehemently. Herod and his guards then treated him with contempt and insult.... [Luke 23:8-11]

Putting all these accounts together, this possible picture emerges:

1. The human being consists of two main distinct entities:

a. the body, which serves as a mere shell or garment, and

b. the soul, which is the real person.

2. In accordance with a predetermined plan, the time came for Jesus to complete his mission as God's messenger to the Children of Israel and as the Messiah. This coincided with the scheme of Jesus' adversaries to crucify him. Just before executing their plot, God's plan was implemented, and Jesus the real person was summoned or "raised to God."

3. Jesus' body was left for his persecutors to torture and crucify; they were dealing with an empty shell devoid of all feelings or understanding.

4. Thus, the Quran's  statements that "they never killed Jesus, they never crucified him; they were led to believe that they did," are accurate  facts.

Of course much study will be needed to  confirm such a version.
In fact the questions about Jesus will only increase.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?

huruf

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +1/-1
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 04:37:50 AM »
On this I am sure Jesus of the Gospels, if there was ever that real person, is not 3isa of the Qur'an. Therefore no crucifixion no persecuting to death.

Spiritually, Christiaity with the crucifixion and the Calvary is real. That is what has been done to many people in real life all through history, and the resurrection tells us that no matter how much humiliated we may be we can raise throughGod's mercy to life and heaven. That is a spiritual message that many Christians understand, but it is no historical account. It is an account of reality but not historical.

TheQur'an on the other hand speaks of a real 3isa, born of single woman and who was dignified "wajihan" in thislife and in the other life.

3isa is not the Jesus in the gospels although many of the things he said may have been picked up in the gospels as many spiritual messages from all times have been picked up all the time by other people after them.

Therefore 3isa indeed may have been raised to God, all prophets are. That does not mean they do not die like any other people, I think there is an aya to that effect that all prophets have died.

Salaam 

huruf

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +1/-1
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 04:51:46 AM »
"They claimed that they killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of God. In fact, they never killed him; they never crucified him; they were only made to think that they did. Indeed, those who speculate about him are full of doubt about their own accounts; they are never sure. They only conjecture. What is absolutely certain is: they never killed him. Instead, God raised him to Him. God is Almighty, Most Wise."

In fact this is very revealing. After the fact, time after the fact, and many times not  even that much time, things are said and made to believe which are notknown to have happenned at all, they usualy suit some purpose, but the Qur'an is too clear to sustain those phantasies.

3.45:
Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah; (45)

How does that "held in honour (wajihan) in this life and in the next" fit with persecution and execution.

On the other hand we have:

33.69:
O ye who believe! Be ye not like those who vexed and insulted Moses, but Allah cleared him of the (calumnies) they had uttered: and he was honourable in Allah's sight. (69)

Here Musa, who was not even persecuted for imprisonment, let alone death, is said to have been held in honour (wajihan) in Allah's sight, only in Allah's sight not in the world's sight.

That settles it to me that Jesus of Nazaret, whoever that was or wasn't is not the 3isa the Qur'an tells us about. Although teachings attributed to Jesus may be teachings taught by 3isa as well as by many others.

Salaam

Aries

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 12:31:05 AM »
Was Jesus crucified?
Historical texts (even from neutral sources as well as Christians and some Jewish writers) confirm a crucifixion.

Peace good logic

Just a comment on your interesting post.

Actually there is not any trustworthy testimony of Jesus's crucifixion not even for his existance at all.

There are not jewish nor roman references to / records of any Jesus being crucified or having trouble with justice.

The oldest non Christian testimony is the so called testimonium flavianum (circa 96 AD) whose authenticity is higly discused and doubted and about which scholars and experts tend to admit it is full of later interpolations and additions if it is not a fraud in its whole.

To find another non Christian reference we have to wait until the late II century AD.

Have a great day  :sun:

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +4/-1
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 12:57:59 AM »
Peace virginia.
Sister both of us have claims that readers need to check for themselves .
These are other "claims",quote:
Historicity
The baptism of Jesus and his crucifixion are considered to be two historically certain facts about Jesus.[9][10] James Dunn states that these "two facts in the life of Jesus command almost universal assent" and "rank so high on the 'almost impossible to doubt or deny' scale of historical facts" that they are often the starting points for the study of the historical Jesus.[9] Bart Ehrman states that the crucifixion of Jesus on the orders of Pontius Pilate is the most certain element about him.[11] John Dominic Crossan states that the crucifixion of Jesus is as certain as any historical fact can be.[12] Eddy and Boyd state that it is now "firmly established" that there is non-Christian confirmation of the crucifixion of Jesus.[13] Craig Blomberg states that most scholars in the third quest for the historical Jesus consider the crucifixion indisputable.[4] Christopher M. Tuckett states that, although the exact reasons for the death of Jesus are hard to determine, one of the indisputable facts about him is that he was crucified.[14]
While scholars agree on the historicity of the crucifixion, they differ on the reason and context for it. For example, both E. P. Sanders and Paula Fredriksen support the historicity of the crucifixion but contend that Jesus did not foretell his own crucifixion and that his prediction of the crucifixion is a "church creation" (p. 126).[15] Geza Vermes also views the crucifixion as a historical event but provides his own explanation and background for it.[15]
John P. Meier views the crucifixion of Jesus as historical fact and states that, based on the criterion of embarrassment, Christians would not have invented the painful death of their leader.[16] Meier states that a number of other criteria, e.g., the criterion of multiple attestation (i.e., confirmation by more than one source) and the criterion of coherence (i.e., that it fits with other historical elements) help establish the crucifixion of Jesus as a historical event.[17]
Although almost all ancient sources relating to crucifixion are literary, the 1968 archeological discovery just northeast of Jerusalem of the body of a crucified man dated to the 1st century provided good confirmatory evidence that crucifixions occurred during the Roman period roughly according to the manner in which the crucifixion of Jesus is described in the gospels.[18] The crucified man was identified as Yehohanan ben Hagkol and probably died about 70 AD, around the time of the Jewish revolt against Rome. The analyses at the Hadassah Medical School estimated that he died in his late 20s. Another relevant archaeological find, which also dates to the 1st century AD, is an unidentified heel bone with a spike discovered in a Jerusalem gravesite, now held by the Israel Antiquities Authority and displayed in the Israel Museum.[19][20]

You know I favour one s own research (17:36) in all that is claimed .
GOD bless you.
Peace