News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

The Blowing Of The Trumpet

Started by janet, March 19, 2017, 06:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janet

Salaam,

The blowing of the trumpet, "al soor", has been referred to in ayats 6:73, 18:99, 20:102, 23:101, 27:87, 36:51, 39:68, 50:20, 69:13      and 78:18. Other forms of the same root word are used in ayats 2:260, 3:6, 7:11, 40:64, 59:24, 64:3 and 82:8.

All the ayats that use other forms of the same root word with the exception of 2:260 are referring to the creation of shape /form/image.  2:260 uses this root word to mean inclination/desire/attend.

( ? َصا َرال  َّش ْی َء يَ ُص ْو ُر ٗه? sarash shaiyah yasoorah): to make a thing lean towards something, or to make something lean to one side.
( ْ? ُ َصٰ ِو َريَ  َّْص َو ُر? saura yaswar): to be attracted.
( ? ُصرت اِلی الش ْی ِء? surtu ilash shayi): was attracted to that thing.
( ? ُص ْراِلَ  َّی? suraali): attended to me.
( ? ُع ْصفَ ْو ٌرَ َص  َّوا ٌر? usfur sawwar) means a bird which comes at calling.

صور II to form, shape, mold, fashion, create.

Sad-Waw-Ra = to shape/form, fashion mark, picture, adorn, prepare, make.

The word "nafakh" means to blow/breathe.

Nun-Fa-Kha = to blow with the mouth, breathe.

The usage of "nafakh" in the Quran is referring to blowing. The Creator uses this particular word again and again to explain how he gives  life and breathes/blows into the human form/shape from his ruh/spirit/essence.

"When I have fashioned him (in due proportion) and breathed into him of My spirit, fall ye down in obeisance unto him." 
15:29 |فإذا - So, when| سويته - I have fashioned him| ونفخت - and breathed| فيه - into him| من - of| روحي - My spirit,| فقعوا - then fall down|                      له - to him| ساجدين - prostrating."|

But He fashioned him in due proportion, and breathed into him something of His spirit. And He gave you (the faculties of) hearing and                                 sight and feeling (and understanding): little thanks do ye give! 
32:9 |ثم - Then| سواه - He fashioned him| ونفخ - and breathed| فيه - into him| من - from| روحه - His spirit| وجعل - and made| لكم - for you| السمع            the hearing| والأبصار - and the sight| والأفئدة - and feelings;| قليلا - little| ما - [what]| تشكرون - thanks you give.|

The blowing of the trumpet is actually the blowing into the human form to give life.

صو ٌر  A horn: (S, M:) and a horn in which one blows: (S,M,K:) so in the kur[6:73, & c.] ,َيْوَم ُيْنَف ُخ ِفىال ُّصوِر [i.e. On the day when the horn  shall be blown in]:El‐ Kelbee says, I know not what is الصور: and it is said to be pl.ofٌُ  صو َرة ,like asُ ب ْس ٌر is ofُ ب ْس َرٌة ;[or rather a coll. gen. n., of which ٌُصو َرة is the n. un.;] i. e., [the phrase means] when the souls shall be blown into the forms of the dead.

Additionally, there is one more ayat which apparently refers to the sounding of the trumpet, but the language used is different.

Finally, when the Trumpet is sounded, 
74:8  |فإذا - Then when| نقر - is blown| في - in| الناقور - the trumpet,|

The meaning of the root word "n-q-r" is to perforate/hollow out/peck.

نقر naqara u (naqr) to dig; to pierce, bore,
hollow out, excavate (ھـ s.th.), make a cavity or hole (ھـ in); to cut, carve (ھـ s.th., esp., atone or wood); to engrave, inscribe ( a grain; of   a bird); to ھـ( in); to peck up في peck (ه at s.o.); to strike, bang, knock, rap....

نقير naqīr tiny spot on a date pit; an utterly worthless thing. │

This root word has appeared in three ayats in the Quran: 4:53, 4:124 and 74:8. In two of the ayats it means "tiny spot on a date pit"  signifying the least bit, and in the third it is translated as "sounding of the trumpet". This does not make any sense since the dictionaries do not define "n-q-r" as sounding/blowing. They do define it as making a clicking sound with your fingers and mouth, but that does not mean the same thing.

( َن ْق ٌر tropical:) A slight sound that is heard in consequence of striking the thumb against the middle finger.

ن ْق ٌر signifies making the end of the tongue to adhere to the palate, then making a sound [by suddenly withdrawing it]: (M, K:) or one's putting his tongue above his central incisors, at the part next to the palate, then making a smacking sound [so I render ُث َّم َي ْنقُر ]: (TA:) [the sounds thus described, which are nearly the same, are commonly made by the Arabs in the present day, in urging beasts of carriage:] or an agitation of the tongue (K, TA) in the mouth, upwards and downwards: (TA:) or a sound, (so in some copies of the K and in the TA,) or slight sound, (so in the TS [as mentioned in the TA] and in some copies of the K) by which a horse is put in motion: (TS, K:)

The word "naqoor" does not have to be translated as "horn".

ناَ ِق ٌر act. part. n. of  َن َق َر‐ (tropical:) An arrow that hits, (Msb,) or has hit, (S, A, K,) the butt, (S, K,) or the eye of the target: (A:) if it does not hit the butt it is not so called: (S, TA:) [but see a phrase following:] pl. َن َوا ِق ُر . (A, Msb.) ―
‐ [Hence,] أَ ْخ َطأَ ْت َن َوا ِق ُر ُه (tropical:) [lit., His arrows that were wont to hit the butt missed]; meaning, he did not continue in the right course. (TA.) [And hence,] ٌَنا ِق َرة (tropical:) A calamity; (K, TA;) pl. َن َواقِ ُر .

74:8 Gives us the information of a perforation occurring.

"As the sperm approach the egg, they bind to the zona pellucida in a process known as sperm binding. This triggers the acrosome reaction, in which the enzymes of the acrosome are freed. These enzymes then begin to digest the zona pellucida and allow the sperm to tunnel toward the egg?s plasma membrane. When the sperm cell finally reaches the egg cell, the plasma membranes of the two cells fuse together and the sperm releases its genetic material into the egg. At this point, fertilization has occurred, but we?re not done yet!"

https://www.khanacademy.org/test-prep/mcat/cells/embryology/a/egg-meets-sperm

74:8 Links up directly with the concept of "saqar", since fertilisation is a prerequisite for pregnancy. Please refer to the link below for my understanding of "saqar".

https://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9609291.msg402145#msg402145

Regards,
Janet.

huruf

Quote from: janet on March 19, 2017, 06:11:47 PM
Salaam,

The blowing of the trumpet, "al soor", has been referred to in ayats 6:73, 18:99, 20:102, 23:101, 27:87, 36:51, 39:68, 50:20, 69:13      and 78:18. Other forms of the same root word are used in ayats 2:260, 3:6, 7:11, 40:64, 59:24, 64:3 and 82:8.

All the ayats that use other forms of the same root word with the exception of 2:260 are referring to the creation of shape /form/image.  2:260 uses this root word to mean inclination/desire/attend.

( ? َصا َرال  َّش ْی َء يَ ُص ْو ُر ٗه? sarash shaiyah yasoorah): to make a thing lean towards something, or to make something lean to one side.
( ? ُع ْصفَ ْو ٌرَ َص  َّوا ٌر? usfur sawwar) means a bird which comes at calling.

The usage of "nafakh" in the Quran is referring to blowing. The Creator uses this particular word again and again to explain how he gives  life and breathes/blows into the human form/shape from his ruh/spirit/essence.

"When I have fashioned him (in due proportion) and breathed into him of My spirit, fall ye down in obeisance unto him." 
15:29 |فإذا - So, when| سويته - I have fashioned him| ونفخت - and breathed| فيه - into him| من - of| روحي - My spirit,| فقعوا - then fall down|                      له - to him| ساجدين - prostrating."|

But He fashioned him in due proportion, and breathed into him something of His spirit. And He gave you (the faculties of) hearing and                                 sight and feeling (and understanding): little thanks do ye give! 
32:9 |ثم - Then| سواه - He fashioned him| ونفخ - and breathed| فيه - into him| من - from| روحه - His spirit| وجعل - and made| لكم - for you| السمع            the hearing| والأبصار - and the sight| والأفئدة - and feelings;| قليلا - little| ما - [what]| تشكرون - thanks you give.|

The blowing of the trumpet is actually the blowing into the human form to give life.

صو ٌر  A horn: (S, M:) and a horn in which one blows: (S,M,K:) so in the kur[6:73, & c.] ,َيْوَم ُيْنَف ُخ ِفىال ُّصوِر [i.e. On the day when the horn  shall be blown in]:El‐ Kelbee says, I know not what is الصور: and it is said to be pl.ofٌُ  صو َرة ,like asُ ب ْس ٌر is ofُ ب ْس َرٌة ;[or rather a coll. gen. n., of which ٌُصو َرة is the n. un.;] i. e., [the phrase means] when the souls shall be blown into the forms of the dead.

Additionally, there is one more ayat which apparently refers to the sounding of the trumpet, but the language used is different.

hollow out, excavate (ھـ s.th.), make a cavity or hole (ھـ in); to cut, carve (ھـ s.th., esp., atone or wood); to engrave, inscribe ( a grain; of   a bird); to ھـ( in); to peck up في peck (ه at s.o.); to strike, bang, knock, rap....

This root word has appeared in three ayats in the Quran: 4:53, 4:124 and 74:8. In two of the ayats it means "tiny spot on a date pit"  signifying the least bit, and in the third it is translated as "sounding of the trumpet". This does not make any sense since the dictionaries do not define "n-q-r" as sounding/blowing. They do define it as making a clicking sound with your fingers and mouth, but that does not mean the same thing.

( َن ْق ٌر tropical:) A slight sound that is heard in consequence of striking the thumb against the middle finger.

ن ْق ٌر signifies making the end of the tongue to adhere to the palate, then making a sound [by suddenly withdrawing it]: (M, K:) or one's putting his tongue above his central incisors, at the part next to the palate, then making a smacking sound [so I render ُث َّم َي ْنقُر ]: (TA:) [the sounds thus described, which are nearly the same, are commonly made by the Arabs in the present day, in urging beasts of carriage:] or an agitation of the tongue (K, TA) in the mouth, upwards and downwards: (TA:) or a sound, (so in some copies of the K and in the TA,) or slight sound, (so in the TS [as mentioned in the TA] and in some copies of the K) by which a horse is put in motion: (TS, K:)

ناَ ِق ٌر act. part. n. of  َن َق َر‐ (tropical:) An arrow that hits, (Msb,) or has hit, (S, A, K,) the butt, (S, K,) or the eye of the target: (A:) if it does not hit the butt it is not so called: (S, TA:) [but see a phrase following:] pl. َن َوا ِق ُر . (A, Msb.) ―
‐ [Hence,] أَ ْخ َطأَ ْت َن َوا ِق ُر ُه (tropical:) [lit., His arrows that were wont to hit the butt missed]; meaning, he did not continue in the right course. (TA.) [And hence,] ٌَنا ِق َرة (tropical:) A calamity; (K, TA;) pl. َن َواقِ ُر .

"As the sperm approach the egg, they bind to the zona pellucida in a process known as sperm binding. This triggers the acrosome reaction, in which the enzymes of the acrosome are freed. These enzymes then begin to digest the zona pellucida and allow the sperm to tunnel toward the egg?s plasma membrane. When the sperm cell finally reaches the egg cell, the plasma membranes of the two cells fuse together and the sperm releases its genetic material into the egg. At this point, fertilization has occurred, but we?re not done yet!"

74:8 Links up directly with the concept of "saqar", since fertilisation is a prerequisite for pregnancy. Please refer to the link below for my understanding of "saqar".

Regards,
Janet.

I congratulte you, janet, great insights, indeed. One of the rare times when I feel that I have been shown some real insight in to the beyond with the Qur'an at hand.

Just one plea. Had you quoted the ayas en arabic at least and at best with the translation I would have found it easir to follow. But that is me, may be others do not miss that. And at any rate, as I say, great insight and reflection.

Salaam, thanks, and hope you keep up.

janet

Salaam Huruf,

It is always a pleasure to hear from you and you are very kind. I will re-write the post for you with the ayats and translation so that it flows better. Thank you for reading the post and responding.

Regards,
Janet.

janet

Salaam,

It is He who created the heavens and the earth in true (proportions): the day He saith, "Be," behold! it is. His word is the truth. His  will   be the dominion the day the trumpet will be blown. He knoweth the unseen as well as that which is open. For He is the Wise, well  acquainted (with all things). 
6:73 |وهو - And (it is) He| الذي - Who| خلق - created| السماوات - the heavens| والأرض - and the earth| بالحق - in truth.| ويوم - And (the) Day| يقول - He says,| كن - "Be"| فيكون - and it is,| قوله - His word| الحق - (is) the truth.| وله - And for Him| الملك - (is) the Dominion| يوم - (on the) Day| ينفخ - will be blown| في - in| الصور - the trumpet.| عالم - (He is) All-Knower| الغيب - (of) the unseen| والشهادة - and the seen.| وهو - And He| الحكيم - (is) the All-Wise,| الخبير - the All-Aware.|

On that day We shall leave them to surge like waves on one another: the trumpet will be blown, and We shall collect them all  together. 
18:99 |وتركنا - And We (will) leave| بعضهم - some of them| يومئذ - (on) that Day| يموج - to surge| في - over| بعض - others,| ونفخ - and (will be)  blown| في - in| الصور - the trumpet,| فجمعناهم - then We (will) gather them| جمعا - all together.|

The Day when the Trumpet will be sounded: that Day, We shall gather the sinful, blear-eyed (with terror). 
20:102 |يوم - (The) Day| ينفخ - will be blown| في - in| الصور - the Trumpet,| ونحشر - and We will gather| المجرمين - the criminals,| يومئذ - that  Day,| زرقا - blue-eyed.|

Then when the Trumpet is blown, there will be no more relationships between them that Day, nor will one ask after another! 
23:101 |فإذا - So when| نفخ - is blown| في - in| الصور - the trumpet| فلا - then not| أنساب - (there) will be relationship| بينهم - among them|  يومئذ - that Day,| ولا - and not| يتساءلون - will they ask each other.|

And the Day that the Trumpet will be sounded - then will be smitten with terror those who are in the heavens, and those who are on  earth, except such as Allah will please (to exempt): and all shall come to His (Presence) as beings conscious of their lowliness. 
27:87 |ويوم - And (the) Day| ينفخ - will be blown| في - [in]| الصور - the trumpet| ففزع - and will be terrified| من - whoever| في - (is) in| السماوات - the heavens| ومن - and whoever| في - (is) in| الأرض - the earth| إلا - except| من - whom| شاء - Allah wills.| الله - Allah wills.| وكل - And all| أتوه - (will) come to Him| داخرين - humbled.|

The trumpet shall be sounded, when behold! from the sepulchres (men) will rush forth to their Lord! 
36:51 |ونفخ - And will be blown| في - [in]| الصور - the trumpet,| فإذا - and behold!| هم - They| من - from| الأجداث - the graves| إلى - to| ربهم -  their Lord| ينسلون - [they] will hasten.|

The Trumpet will (just) be sounded, when all that are in the heavens and on earth will swoon, except such as it will please Allah (to  exempt). Then will a second one be sounded, when, behold, they will be standing and looking on! 
39:68 |ونفخ - And (will) be blown| في - [in]| الصور - the trumpet,| فصعق - then (will) fall dead| من - whoever| في - (is) in| السماوات - the heavens| ومن - and whoever| في - (is) on| الأرض - the earth| إلا - except| من - whom| شاء - Allah wills.| الله - Allah wills.| ثم - Then| نفخ - (it will) be blown| فيه - [in it]| أخرى - a second time,| فإذا - and behold!| هم - They| قيام - (will be) standing| ينظرون - waiting.|

And the Trumpet shall be blown: that will be the Day whereof Warning (had been given). 
50:20 |ونفخ - And will be blown| في - [in]| الصور - the trumpet.| ذلك - That| يوم - (is the) Day| الوعيد - (of) the Warning.|

Then, when one blast is sounded on the Trumpet, 
69:13 |فإذا - Then when| نفخ - is blown| في - in| الصور - the trumpet -| نفخة - a blast| واحدة - single,|

The Day that the Trumpet shall be sounded, and ye shall come forth in crowds; 
78:18 |يوم - (The) Day| ينفخ - (in which) shall be blown| في - in| الصور - the trumpet| فتأتون - and you will come forth| أفواجا - (in) crowds,|

The other forms of the same root word are used in ayats:

When Abraham said: "Show me, Lord, how You will raise the dead, " He replied: "Have you no faith?" He said "Yes, but just to reassure   my heart." Allah said, "Take four birds, draw them to you, and cut their bodies to pieces. Scatter them over the mountain-tops, then call  them back. They will come swiftly to you. Know that Allah is Mighty, Wise." 
2:260 |وإذ - And when| قال - said| إبراهيم - Ibrahim,| رب - "My Lord| أرني - show me| كيف - how| تحيي - You give life| الموتى - (to) the dead."| قال - He said,| أولم - "Have not| تؤمن - you believed?"| قال - He said,| بلى - "Yes| ولكن - [and] but| ليطمئن - to satisfy| قلبي - my heart."| قال - He said| فخذ - "Then take| أربعة - four| من - of| الطير - the birds| فصرهن - and incline them| إليك - towards you,| ثم - then| اجعل - put| على - on| كل - each| جبل - hill| منهن - of them| جزءا - a portion;| ثم - then| ادعهن - call them,| يأتينك - they will come to you| سعيا - (in) haste.| واعلم - And know| أن - that| الله - Allah| عزيز - (is) All-Mighty,| حكيم - All-Wise.|

He it is Who shapes you in the wombs as He pleases. There is no god but He, the Exalted in Might, the Wise.
3:6 |هو - He| الذي - (is) the One Who| يصوركم - shapes you| في - in| الأرحام - the wombs| كيف - how(ever)| يشاء - He wills.| لا - (There is) no| إله - god| إلا - except| هو - Him,| العزيز - the All-Mighty,| الحكيم - the All-Wise.|

It is We Who created you and gave you shape; then We bade the angels prostrate to Adam, and they prostrate; not so Iblis; He refused  to be of those who prostrate. 
7:11 |ولقد - And certainly| خلقناكم - We created you| ثم - then| صورناكم - We fashioned you.| ثم - Then| قلنا - We said| للملائكة - to the Angels,| اسجدوا - "Prostrate| لآدم - to Adam,"| فسجدوا - So they prostrated,| إلا - except| إبليس - Iblis.| لم - Not| يكن - he was| من - of| الساجدين - those who prostrated.|

It is Allah Who has made for you the earth as a resting place, and the sky as a canopy, and has given you shape- and made your shapes  beautiful,- and has provided for you Sustenance, of things pure and good;- such is Allah your Lord. So Glory to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds! 
40:64 |الله - Allah| الذي - (is) the One Who| جعل - made| لكم - for you| الأرض - the earth| قرارا - a place of settlement| والسماء - and the sky| بناء - a canopy| وصوركم - and He formed you| فأحسن - and perfected| صوركم - your forms,| ورزقكم - and provided you| من - of| الطيبات - the good things.| ذلكم - That| الله - (is) Allah,| ربكم - your Lord.| فتبارك - Then blessed (is)| الله - Allah,| رب - (the) Lord| العالمين - (of) the worlds.|

He is Allah, the Creator, the Evolver, the Bestower of Forms (or Colours). To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names: whatever is in the  heavens and on earth, doth declare His Praises and Glory: and He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise. 
59:24 |هو - He| الله - (is) Allah,| الخالق - the Creator,| البارئ - the Inventor,| المصور - the Fashioner.| له - For Him| الأسماء - (are) the names| الحسنى - the beautiful.| يسبح - Glorifies| له - Him| ما - whatever| في - (is) in| السماوات - the heavens| والأرض - and the earth.| وهو - And He| العزيز - (is) the All-Mighty,| الحكيم - the All-Wise.|

He has created the heavens and the earth in just proportions, and has given you shape, and made your shapes beautiful: and to Him is  the final Goal. 
64:3 |خلق - He created| السماوات - the heavens| والأرض - and the earth| بالحق - with truth,| وصوركم - and He formed you| فأحسن - and made good| صوركم - your forms,| وإليه - and to Him| المصير - (is) the final return.|

In whatever Form He wills, does He put thee together. 
82:8 |في - In| أي - whatever| صورة - form| ما - what| شاء - He willed,| ركبك - He assembled you.|

Regards,
Janet.

Aries

That was inspiring, revealing, didactic, pleasant, clear, beautiful and i just thank you so much  :group:

Have a great day  :sun:

janet

Salaam Virginia,

Thank you so much for reading and replying to the post. I'm humbled by your response and extremely pleased you found it helpful.

Regards,
Janet.

milan

Salaamun alaykum, Janet,

A really excellent, well reasoned and documented post.
Thank you for it.
Salaam, Milan

janet

Salaam Milan,

That was a warm and heartening response from you. It is a great pleasure to hear that you found the post interesting to read and informative. Thank you for taking the time to respond, it is very helpful to receive feedback.

Regards,
Janet.

huruf

Quote from: janet on March 20, 2017, 02:42:41 PM
Salaam,

It is He who created the heavens and the earth in true (proportions): the day He saith, "Be," behold! it is. His word is the truth. His  will   be the dominion the day the trumpet will be blown. He knoweth the unseen as well as that which is open. For He is the Wise, well  acquainted (with all things). 
6:73 |وهو - And (it is) He| الذي - Who| خلق - created| السماوات - the heavens| والأرض - and the earth| بالحق - in truth.| ويوم - And (the) Day| يقول - He says,| كن - "Be"| فيكون - and it is,| قوله - His word| الحق - (is) the truth.| وله - And for Him| الملك - (is) the Dominion| يوم - (on the) Day| ينفخ - will be blown| في - in| الصور - the trumpet.| عالم - (He is) All-Knower| الغيب - (of) the unseen| والشهادة - and the seen.| وهو - And He| الحكيم - (is) the All-Wise,| الخبير - the All-Aware.|

On that day We shall leave them to surge like waves on one another: the trumpet will be blown, and We shall collect them all  together. 
18:99 |وتركنا - And We (will) leave| بعضهم - some of them| يومئذ - (on) that Day| يموج - to surge| في - over| بعض - others,| ونفخ - and (will be)  blown| في - in| الصور - the trumpet,| فجمعناهم - then We (will) gather them| جمعا - all together.|

The Day when the Trumpet will be sounded: that Day, We shall gather the sinful, blear-eyed (with terror). 
20:102 |يوم - (The) Day| ينفخ - will be blown| في - in| الصور - the Trumpet,| ونحشر - and We will gather| المجرمين - the criminals,| يومئذ - that  Day,| زرقا - blue-eyed.|

Then when the Trumpet is blown, there will be no more relationships between them that Day, nor will one ask after another! 
23:101 |فإذا - So when| نفخ - is blown| في - in| الصور - the trumpet| فلا - then not| أنساب - (there) will be relationship| بينهم - among them|  يومئذ - that Day,| ولا - and not| يتساءلون - will they ask each other.|

And the Day that the Trumpet will be sounded - then will be smitten with terror those who are in the heavens, and those who are on  earth, except such as Allah will please (to exempt): and all shall come to His (Presence) as beings conscious of their lowliness. 
27:87 |ويوم - And (the) Day| ينفخ - will be blown| في - [in]| الصور - the trumpet| ففزع - and will be terrified| من - whoever| في - (is) in| السماوات - the heavens| ومن - and whoever| في - (is) in| الأرض - the earth| إلا - except| من - whom| شاء - Allah wills.| الله - Allah wills.| وكل - And all| أتوه - (will) come to Him| داخرين - humbled.|

The trumpet shall be sounded, when behold! from the sepulchres (men) will rush forth to their Lord! 
36:51 |ونفخ - And will be blown| في - [in]| الصور - the trumpet,| فإذا - and behold!| هم - They| من - from| الأجداث - the graves| إلى - to| ربهم -  their Lord| ينسلون - [they] will hasten.|

The Trumpet will (just) be sounded, when all that are in the heavens and on earth will swoon, except such as it will please Allah (to  exempt). Then will a second one be sounded, when, behold, they will be standing and looking on! 
39:68 |ونفخ - And (will) be blown| في - [in]| الصور - the trumpet,| فصعق - then (will) fall dead| من - whoever| في - (is) in| السماوات - the heavens| ومن - and whoever| في - (is) on| الأرض - the earth| إلا - except| من - whom| شاء - Allah wills.| الله - Allah wills.| ثم - Then| نفخ - (it will) be blown| فيه - [in it]| أخرى - a second time,| فإذا - and behold!| هم - They| قيام - (will be) standing| ينظرون - waiting.|

And the Trumpet shall be blown: that will be the Day whereof Warning (had been given). 
50:20 |ونفخ - And will be blown| في - [in]| الصور - the trumpet.| ذلك - That| يوم - (is the) Day| الوعيد - (of) the Warning.|

Then, when one blast is sounded on the Trumpet, 
69:13 |فإذا - Then when| نفخ - is blown| في - in| الصور - the trumpet -| نفخة - a blast| واحدة - single,|

The Day that the Trumpet shall be sounded, and ye shall come forth in crowds; 
78:18 |يوم - (The) Day| ينفخ - (in which) shall be blown| في - in| الصور - the trumpet| فتأتون - and you will come forth| أفواجا - (in) crowds,|

The other forms of the same root word are used in ayats:

When Abraham said: "Show me, Lord, how You will raise the dead, " He replied: "Have you no faith?" He said "Yes, but just to reassure   my heart." Allah said, "Take four birds, draw them to you, and cut their bodies to pieces. Scatter them over the mountain-tops, then call  them back. They will come swiftly to you. Know that Allah is Mighty, Wise." 
2:260 |وإذ - And when| قال - said| إبراهيم - Ibrahim,| رب - "My Lord| أرني - show me| كيف - how| تحيي - You give life| الموتى - (to) the dead."| قال - He said,| أولم - "Have not| تؤمن - you believed?"| قال - He said,| بلى - "Yes| ولكن - [and] but| ليطمئن - to satisfy| قلبي - my heart."| قال - He said| فخذ - "Then take| أربعة - four| من - of| الطير - the birds| فصرهن - and incline them| إليك - towards you,| ثم - then| اجعل - put| على - on| كل - each| جبل - hill| منهن - of them| جزءا - a portion;| ثم - then| ادعهن - call them,| يأتينك - they will come to you| سعيا - (in) haste.| واعلم - And know| أن - that| الله - Allah| عزيز - (is) All-Mighty,| حكيم - All-Wise.|

He it is Who shapes you in the wombs as He pleases. There is no god but He, the Exalted in Might, the Wise.
3:6 |هو - He| الذي - (is) the One Who| يصوركم - shapes you| في - in| الأرحام - the wombs| كيف - how(ever)| يشاء - He wills.| لا - (There is) no| إله - god| إلا - except| هو - Him,| العزيز - the All-Mighty,| الحكيم - the All-Wise.|

It is We Who created you and gave you shape; then We bade the angels prostrate to Adam, and they prostrate; not so Iblis; He refused  to be of those who prostrate. 
7:11 |ولقد - And certainly| خلقناكم - We created you| ثم - then| صورناكم - We fashioned you.| ثم - Then| قلنا - We said| للملائكة - to the Angels,| اسجدوا - "Prostrate| لآدم - to Adam,"| فسجدوا - So they prostrated,| إلا - except| إبليس - Iblis.| لم - Not| يكن - he was| من - of| الساجدين - those who prostrated.|

It is Allah Who has made for you the earth as a resting place, and the sky as a canopy, and has given you shape- and made your shapes  beautiful,- and has provided for you Sustenance, of things pure and good;- such is Allah your Lord. So Glory to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds! 
40:64 |الله - Allah| الذي - (is) the One Who| جعل - made| لكم - for you| الأرض - the earth| قرارا - a place of settlement| والسماء - and the sky| بناء - a canopy| وصوركم - and He formed you| فأحسن - and perfected| صوركم - your forms,| ورزقكم - and provided you| من - of| الطيبات - the good things.| ذلكم - That| الله - (is) Allah,| ربكم - your Lord.| فتبارك - Then blessed (is)| الله - Allah,| رب - (the) Lord| العالمين - (of) the worlds.|

He is Allah, the Creator, the Evolver, the Bestower of Forms (or Colours). To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names: whatever is in the  heavens and on earth, doth declare His Praises and Glory: and He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise. 
59:24 |هو - He| الله - (is) Allah,| الخالق - the Creator,| البارئ - the Inventor,| المصور - the Fashioner.| له - For Him| الأسماء - (are) the names| الحسنى - the beautiful.| يسبح - Glorifies| له - Him| ما - whatever| في - (is) in| السماوات - the heavens| والأرض - and the earth.| وهو - And He| العزيز - (is) the All-Mighty,| الحكيم - the All-Wise.|

He has created the heavens and the earth in just proportions, and has given you shape, and made your shapes beautiful: and to Him is  the final Goal. 
64:3 |خلق - He created| السماوات - the heavens| والأرض - and the earth| بالحق - with truth,| وصوركم - and He formed you| فأحسن - and made good| صوركم - your forms,| وإليه - and to Him| المصير - (is) the final return.|

In whatever Form He wills, does He put thee together. 
82:8 |في - In| أي - whatever| صورة - form| ما - what| شاء - He willed,| ركبك - He assembled you.|

Regards,
Janet.

As promised, I come back to this post of you, which really, really is outstanding. You have done a marvellous job bringing a number of elements together making sense. Obviously your knowledge of biology has helped making head an tails of the whole thing.

Coming to the Sur -root S-w-r-, I have myself joined that element to the other appearances of the root n-f-kh, the blowings, and I have observed that every time there is a n-f-kh of God's spirit a new development is given to human creatures. First one with adam creatures making them human from bashar and the one given in the womb to every human creature to be born,

then the n-f-kh in 21.91 where God blows from His spirit into Maryam, then when with God's licence Maryam's son blows into the mud birds and they fly (this imageis akin to that of Ibrahim, dividing birds and then calling them back together)

and then
the fourth blowing which I also interpreted as another development in human kind.

You have given such a thourough description of it, so plausible...

So we get the full cicle of human existence as far as we can glimpse from where we are standing right now.

My view of this whole process is that each of this blowings points to a stage in human development, the weak link in the chain is the blowing into Maryam and the subsequent blowing of Maryam's son into the mud birds.

I interpret that we are the mud birds, and the spirit blown into Maryam and then with God's permision blown by her son on us will take us to a new stage of spiritual developmen. I think humanity and particularly muslims have failed in acknowledging Maryam, which is the gate, and therefore they are stuck in a circle of routine coming bakc again and again to their starting point without being able to break into their new nature.

Whether we become the birds that from their mud nature learn to fly or not, it will be all the same, the fourth blowing will remake us to see if we can soar from the mud or whether we will be turned into that saqar for another run.

Those are y reflections, and I thank you again for that piercing insight into the blowing of the trumpets and other things. Really remarkable.

Thak you janet, best regards.

Salaam

janet

Salaam Huruf,

Very interesting post you have written . I'm going to look into the information you have provided and get back to you. Thank you for your input, it is a great help and makes sense to me as far as I can tell.

Regards,
Janet.

janet

Salaam,

The Trumpet will be sounded, when all that are in the heavens and on earth will swoon, except such as it will please Allah (to  exempt). Then will a second one be sounded, when, behold, they will be standing and looking on! 
39:68   |ونفخ - And (will) be blown| في - [in]| الصور - the trumpet,| فصعق - then (will) fall dead| من - whoever| في - (is) in| السماوات - the heavens| ومن - and whoever| في - (is) on| الأرض - the earth| إلا - except| من - whom| شاء - Allah wills.| الله - Allah wills.| ثم - Then| نفخ - (it will) be blown| فيه - [in it]| أخرى - a second time,| فإذا - and behold!| هم - They| قيام - (will be) standing| ينظرون - waiting.|

The root word "sad-ayn-qaf" means stunned/unconscious/senseless/dead.

Sad-Ayn-Qaf = to smite or strike (lightning, thunderbolt), swoon, become unconscious, be stunned, faint. sa'iqun - one in a swoon. saa'iqatun (pl. sawaaiq) - stunning noise as of a thunderbolt, vehement cry, thunderbolt, thunderclap, destructive calamity, death, noise.

من2 man 1. (interr. pron.) who? which one? which ones? 2. (relative pron.) who; the one who; those who; one who; whoever, whosoever, everyone who, he who

From this ayat one can gather that one breath will have the effect of knocking humans senseless or killing them and then another breath will revive them. So we are brought to life and have our life taken from us in the same manner, with a breath... It is interesting that the ayat refers to "he/ she/ they who is/are in the skies/celestial realm and the earth. The one/ones in the skies/celestial realm cannot be dead souls, so their bodies must have died and the breath for them would represent another incarnation in another body. This could also be referring to humans travelling in space or in planes/helicopters, and in that case the breath would knock them senseless/kill them. The one/ones on earth would be given the breath of death and therefore will move on to the skies/celestial realm or they will be given the breath of life as a foetus and will be born again.

Regards,
Janet