Author Topic: What is الْقَارِعَةُ ?  (Read 690 times)

bkanwar2

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
What is الْقَارِعَةُ ?
« on: February 10, 2017, 01:57:13 PM »
Surah 101: 1             الْقَارِعَةُ

The rejection and turning back.

Surah 101: 2             مَا الْقَارِعَةُ

What is the rejection and turning back?

Surah 101: 3         وَمَا أَدْرَاكَ مَا الْقَارِعَةُ

And what can make you seek knowledge about the rejection and turning back?

Surah 101: 4            يَوْمَ يَكُونُ النَّاسُ كَالْفَرَاشِ الْمَبْثُوثِ

An era, of the commotion, just like the Moths following each other into fire, regarding the purpose and obligation.

Surah 101: 5             وَتَكُونُ الْجِبَالُ كَالْعِهْنِ الْمَنفُوشِ

And it is always going to be due to the departure from natural disposition leading to dispersion due to careless disregard for its consequences. 

Surah 101: 6             فَأَمَّا مَن ثَقُلَتْ مَوَازِينُهُ

Then as far one who becomes slow in intellect due to his judgment. 

Surah 101: 7             فَهُوَ فِي عِيشَةٍ رَّاضِيَةٍ

Heedless and neglectful into an apparently pleasing life.

Surah 101: 8             وَأَمَّا مَنْ خَفَّتْ مَوَازِينُهُ

And as far one who becomes sharp in intellect due to his judgment.

Surah 101: 9             فَأُمُّهُ هَاوِيَةٌ

Based on it, he has to repair his course making it a lasting passion.

Surah 101: 10             وَمَا أَدْرَاكَ مَا هِيَهْ

And what can make you knowledgeable about that is held to be true?

Surah 101: 11             نَارٌ حَامِيَةٌ

A protective company of enlightened people.
Be aware, knowledge is not static.  My knowledge of Classic Arabic is evolving too.  Hence my understanding of the message continues to evolve.  I think, learn, unlearn, relearn and then believe; not believe and claim to know it all.

runninglikezebras

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: What is الْقَارِعَةُ ?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 04:18:12 PM »
I think your translation of  الْقَارِعَةُ   is quite accurate.  It makes sense to me.

الْقَارِعَةُ  occurs in reference to Thamud and 'Aad in chapter 69.  According to professor Eisenmann (an expert on the dead sea scrolls), Thamud and 'Aad refer to Edessa ('Aad) and the conversion of that place to christianity by the apostle Thomas (Thamud).  Edessa became an important centre of syriac christianity very early on (mass conversions).   In 201 the city was devastated by a great flood.  This is what Quran is referring to.  The flood is explained in the Quran as a local apocalypse- a preview of judgment day if you like, similar to that of sodom and gomorrah - a punishment from God for those who rejected and turned back.

This is a very brief summary of Eisenmans understanding, if you are interested in a more elaborate explanation of 'Aad and Thamud go to this link

I think the rest of your translation fares poorly.  You removed the obvious references to Hell and Hellfire which are by principle always key elements in the quranic accounts of destruction and apocalypse.  Quran uses natural disaster repetitively as metaphors for hell/apocalypse/judgment day.

HP_TECH

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: What is الْقَارِعَةُ ?
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 09:52:42 PM »
I think your translation of  الْقَارِعَةُ   is quite accurate.  It makes sense to me.

الْقَارِعَةُ  occurs in reference to Thamud and 'Aad in chapter 69.  According to professor Eisenmann (an expert on the dead sea scrolls), Thamud and 'Aad refer to Edessa ('Aad) and the conversion of that place to christianity by the apostle Thomas (Thamud).  Edessa became an important centre of syriac christianity very early on (mass conversions).   In 201 the city was devastated by a great flood.  This is what Quran is referring to.  The flood is explained in the Quran as a local apocalypse- a preview of judgment day if you like, similar to that of sodom and gomorrah - a punishment from God for those who rejected and turned back.

This is a very brief summary of Eisenmans understanding, if you are interested in a more elaborate explanation of 'Aad and Thamud go to this link

I think the rest of your translation fares poorly.  You removed the obvious references to Hell and Hellfire which are by principle always key elements in the quranic accounts of destruction and apocalypse.  Quran uses natural disaster repetitively as metaphors for hell/apocalypse/judgment day.

In what way is your post of any relevance to the butchered meaning in the OP's invented translation?
You are just promoting your garbaggio and it would seem you still have no grasp over Quran.
You are confused, lost not even a Muslim at that trying to misguide readers.
If you are back on the same deceitful track I'm going to God willing route you out of here as I did at Lucideans
إِنَّنِي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِي

My Lord I repent to you for anything I uttered concerning You for which I have no knowledge of. Indeed You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful