News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Why didn't God guide the Quran believing Muslims away from the hadith?

Started by Ervin, February 10, 2017, 06:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ervin

Peace everyone,

What I am asking is, If all the Sunni's, Shia, Sufis have, and do believe in the Quran, then why didn't that help them in rejecting the Hadith.

Why didn't God help them, since after all they did believe(and still do) in the Quran?
My real name is also Ervin

Man of Faith

Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

Gahaiile

:peace:

2:8: ومن الناس من يقول امنا بالله وباليوم الاخر وما هم بمومنين

and from 2:62: ...إن الذين امنوا... من امن بالله واليوم الاخر وعمل صالحا فلهم اجرهم عند ربهم

Translations: 2:8, and 2:62
deleted

Zulf

Quote from: Ervin on February 10, 2017, 06:50:08 AM
Peace everyone,

What I am asking is, If all the Sunni's, Shia, Sufis have, and do believe in the Quran, then why didn't that help them in rejecting the Hadith.

Why didn't God help them, since after all they did believe(and still do) in the Quran?

What do people actually believe in? And why do they believe in that?
It's because they're taught to. It's basically blind faith with zero experience.
Fear prevents people to question stuff related to their faith.
In people's lives, it could be any book... the bible, the old testament, the talmud, the holy book of the sikhs, the vedas...
People believe what they believe because they are born into a certain family at a certain time in history.
Exceptions are few. Ironically, most people think they are the genuine exceptions while others are on autopilot.

So the question remains, now rather: Why would people be guided by the Supreme Consciousness (something being done to them = they are passive) to discard some religious books (hadith) just because they have blind faith in another particular religious book (quran)?

???
If you name me, you negate me.

Cerberus

Because what is the purpose of life ?

Is God in the Quran or is the Quran, like many previous books, a book to give more insight about God and the right path ?

Is the true challenge of life, believing in the Quran alone, or is it to act upon what is stands for ?

Out there in the field of life, what is tested, is it your willingness and desires that are put at trials or is it your beliefs in such or such book ? Then where does this fanaticism of such or such book come from ? Be it the hadith or the quran itself.

I'm sure that if one looks for God, then he or she will find God. Because God is here with everyone in the field of life, where they struggle, and it's usually in their struggle that they find God.

hawk99

Quote from: Ervin on February 10, 2017, 06:50:08 AM
Peace everyone,

Good question Ervin, and you can also ask, why do some reject the hadith      :hmm
Here are a few ayats you can ponder if you so wish.

6/112  And thus We have made for every prophet an enemy - devils from
mankind and jinn, inspiring to one another decorative speech in delusion.

But if your Lord had willed, they would not have done it, so leave them
and that which they invent.

28/56  Surely you cannot guide whom you love, but Allah guides whom He pleases, and
He knows best the followers of the right way.

15/39   He said: My Lord! Because Thou hast sent me astray, I verily shall adorn the
path of error for them
in the earth, and shall mislead them every one,

15/40  Except, among them, Your chosen servants.

:peace:

The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

reel

The view on Islam from the inside is extremely different.This is how things go in sects:

1. If you are Arab you will be told that only a scholar with an ?extreme? Arabic language degree can understand the Quran.

2. If you are a non Arab you will be told that translations are only for the sheikhs. You should stick to Arabic only. Most Non Arabs can read the language, but not understand it. Even in an Islam studies class, students are orally tested on the memorization of the chapters. The recitation is always in Arabic. 

3. Quran is mainly a chant book. The sectarians are assured that just by chanting the chapters they can attract rewards from God. But this has two ways. There is this thing called khatam, reading of the entire Quran. The one who does it gets his position elevated in his friend and family circle. Then there is this daily recitation of the specific chapters. Neither of them requires understanding of the Book.

4. The most fool proof method involves pushing the 5 pillars of Islam. The belief is that they are enough for a ticket to heaven. Many even don?t know that Quran is a Book of guidance.

5. Then comes the checkpoint of do?s and don?ts of handling the Quran. It?s like you need to wash yourself. Then hair must be covered with an Islamic fashion accessory. Quran must be accompanied by a holder called rihal.  The Book must be opened with the right hand and during the reading, its index finger must be used. But there is more. The place of the reading must be clean and quiet. There shouldn?t be any pictures. You should sit straight on the floor while facing the Qibla. And of, another one is treating Quran like a boogeyman and far more sensitive than acne prone skin. Apparently, even an accidental disrespect to the Book attracts the wrath of God. Storing of the Quran also comes with rules. I have been told that it must be kept at the highest level of the house.

Here is a page talking about 30 rules on how sectarians can handle Quran:
http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/misc/eofq.htm
After this, which average sectarian will dare  to read and understand the Book?

I have just realized that it is possible to ignore the Book without getting influenced by the sectarian scholars. They all say hadiths add details to Quran and Islam. This is the most amazing psychological manipulation I've ever experienced. Whoever came up with it deserves a gold medal. I remember how disappointed I felt towards the Book when I couldn?t find my ?true? Islamic practice in it. Fortunately, detailed hadiths came to my rescue. I was happy with the  "explanations" because they matched my "supreme" sunni practices. It was consistent. And the result? I stopped looking into Quran. It became a boring vague book to me. Spending time with hadiths made more sense despite the fact that my heart kept telling me, " something is rotten in the state of Denmark".  But there was tremendous peer pressure. Even when the hadith violated the Quran I couldn't protest. I didn't have the right to question. You just accept the hadith because it is from the Prophet.

God guides those who make an effort to look for guidance. But if you keep between you and him the Prophet and scholars you won't get anything from him.
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

Zulf

Quote from: reel on February 11, 2017, 11:14:14 AM
Here is a page talking about 30 rules on how sectarians can handle Quran:
http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/misc/eofq.htm
After this, which average sectarian will dare  to read and understand the Book?

The deeper you go into traditional, sectarian Islam, the more it seems likely that traditional Islam certainly has no bright future ahead of itself. What goes around comes around. Figuratively (and as a joke) the angels must get sore from all the face palming they can't help but doing when they see mankind on Earth. Sadly, I never cease to get amazed by the pathetic mentality of human beings. I think I've been quite naive about humanity. :yuck:

Peace
If you name me, you negate me.

Man of Faith

Quote from: Zulf on March 16, 2017, 03:04:56 PM
The deeper you go into traditional, sectarian Islam, the more it seems likely that traditional Islam certainly has no bright future ahead of itself. What goes around comes around. Figuratively (and as a joke) the angels must get sore from all the face palming they can't help but doing when they see mankind on Earth. Sadly, I never cease to get amazed by the pathetic mentality of human beings. I think I've been quite naive about humanity. :yuck:

Peace

Yes.
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

amin

For many Quran is just another Idol just like the Hadiths, so they are lost.. idols cant help, the sujud  accepting our ignorance and His sacredness helps, and I could see that this is only repeated many times in Quran.