Author Topic: Spider's house  (Read 4962 times)

huruf

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +1/-0
Re: Spider's house
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2017, 07:36:31 AM »
The most obvious aspect of spiders are webs. Are they their bait? Wakas link was right, I think in that respect, webs are the spider weapons or instruments to get their food.

The word bait has several meanings, but the primary meaning is that of shelter, abode, place where one stays. By extension might, only might, mean family, but that is not its primary and basic meaning. And when in the Qur'an the family of the prophet is mentionned, they are not called the bait but ahl-ul-bait.

Speaking about spiders, thanks to all the writers who have expounded on this beautiful and hardworking animal. It does reveal that the bait of the spider in fact is wherever it stays, which indeed is about the most voluble kind of beit, that is not a settled specifically appointed place.

But that is logical, spiders are not notorious for their homes, but for their hunting weapons. And those are indeed very remarkable.

Salaam

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +13/-2
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2017, 07:51:46 AM »
peace all,

Evidence, logic and cross-reference within Quran is key.

That is how Quran teaches us to verify: http://www.quran434.com/study-method.html

My motive/frequency/whatever is that you bring a lot of nonsense and present that as truth with nonsense evidence...

I agree with your analysis of Aladin's posts on this topic.

Beyet is not necessarily a physical object. It can refer to the foundation of something.

2:127 And when Abraham was raising the foundations from/of the foundation...

Fail.

For those interested in a Quran based analysis of bayt, see here:
http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/meaning-hajj-Quran.html

Short summary to make it easier:

?The things described as secure in these contexts are sanctuary/haram, town/land/balad, and shelter/bayt.
?Provision of fruits is associated in these contexts with the sanctuary/haram, people of the town/land/balad and people of the shelter/bayt.
?27:91 makes clear that it is the town/land/balad that is the part made inviolable/restricted, and "this" clearly implies the town/land is finite/delimited, i.e. has spatial boundaries.
?14:37 gives us an example of a shelter/bayt made inviolable.
?The only thing that Abraham asked to be made secure was the town/land/balad, and the only thing God explicitly made secure, in the context of Abraham, was the house/shelter/bayt. Are we told if God answered his prayer in AQ? Yes, if balad=bayt.

There does seem to be enough overlap to suggest that in these contexts the bayt/shelter could refer to the balad/town/land. If so, this would make sense.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

Aladin from Azra tribe

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2017, 09:03:00 AM »
Wakas, ru sure that it's not "postmenopausal" as in other ayet, instead of "foundations". Have you checked lexicons recently?

You couldn't find more idiotic way to prove your shirk (taking others as gods, ones you're slave of, besides/skipping Allah swt).

Please tell me this: how foundations can be rised from THE HOUSE? I thought it's reverse: the house can be rised from ITS foundations! OK, I know that you don't understand lisan of the Qur'an, there're zillion hijabs between your sight and it, but you can understand English and think about it (I'm not good in thinking in English, yet).

Please, don't come and say something which was not said in ayet, your ignorance and kibr can take you to some bad condition. Just think.

And, if you're going to think, please think about what I asked you here: does "min dunillahi" include Allah, and if it doesn't, are Beni Israil humans?
There cannot be both opinion and knowledge
of the same thing at the same time

"The First Teacher", Aristotle

NielsJacob

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2017, 09:24:27 AM »
Peace Andrewsarchus
Are you against the silk or the web? Be specific!
There is ample evidence for me to testify to the strength of spider SILK.

Yes I agree with you in that total :)

My point was as a house/home..

(respect for reading the correct meaning in my post   :handshake:)

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2017, 12:48:55 PM »
Ah yes, I forgot I had seen that Beyet is something similar to concept, based on lexicon input.

Foundation is something else. My bad.

Be well
Qarael Amenuel
Website reference: http://iamthatiam.boards.net

TellMeTheTruth

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2017, 01:49:40 PM »
Salam!

Most of the spiders live in dens, lairs, or water bubbles, which are not strong enough to protect them from enemies or other environmental factors. (Only a few kinds are social and live in colonies, which might be safer). Therefore, I think the word "اوھن" could be translated as "most vulnerable" الأكثر ضعفا. 

Allah knows the Best!

The Sardar

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-0
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2019, 09:22:50 AM »
Any updates on this topic?

Mazhar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2019, 12:28:19 PM »
Any updates on this topic?

The problem with the author of thread and others is merely looking at one word and then equating with Web.

Bayt means nothing else than house. And house does not mean web. Webs are made separately by males and females for catching a prey.

مَثَلُ ٱلَّذِينَ ٱتَّخَذُوا۟ مِن دُونِ ٱللَّهِ أَوْلِيَآءَ

The equivalence of those people who have consciously and purposely adopted some statues perceiving for themselves as protectors, benefactors, godfathers other than Allah the Exalted is:

كَمَثَلِ ٱلْعَنكَبُوتِ ٱتَّخَذَتْ بَيْتٙاۖ

Like the specific She-Spider when she has purposely adopted some object/pebble as house (storing place of egg-sack).

وَإِنَّ أَوْهَنَ ٱلْبُيُوتِ لَبَيْتُ ٱلْعَنكَبُوتِۖ

Know the fact, the flimsiest of the houses is certainly the adopted-house of specific She-Spider.

لَوْ كَانُوا۟۟ يَعْلَمُونَ .29:41٤١

Had they but known-realized flimsiness of their choice. [29:41]

Verb is doubly transitive, one is elided purposely since understood.

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +13/-2
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2019, 05:41:05 AM »
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org