News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Handshake

Started by si di, January 26, 2017, 03:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aladin from Azra tribe

Quote from: Cerberus on January 28, 2017, 12:55:56 PM
You said it yourself. some attractive young woman, if you happen to get aroused by shaking her hand, know that it is because deep down your mind, you consider her as an attractive young woman and you also consider a chance of mingling with her (or whatever the hell you got in mind)...deep down your mind, not because of the hand shake itself.   ::)
You're right, but we have to think both ways, because ayet is telling US to protect OUR furooj. And, as I already told, it seems as it is upto us to judge. This is not just for handshake, it's for every touch/look for our furooj (male and female).
Somebody can be attracked by somebody's neck, foot, etc. We all know if we have something on our body which can attrack opp. sex or some "kind" of them.

Handshake is not forbidden as an act, so nobody can forbid it. But, as I said, if somebody thinks that it can make any trouble they should avoid it, as all other acts covered by this ayet (from their own view/understanding).

Allah swt knows best.
There cannot be both opinion and knowledge
of the same thing at the same time

"The First Teacher", Aristotle

hawk99

Quote from: Cerberus on January 28, 2017, 12:55:56 PM
You said it yourself. some attractive young woman, if you happen to get aroused by shaking her hand, know that it is because deep down your mind, you consider her as an attractive young woman and you also consider a chance of mingling with her (or whatever the hell you got in mind)...deep down your mind, not because of the hand shake itself.   ::)

I agree, with Cerberus.  I shook a Hindu woman's
hand and now she touches me when I see her and sometimes
goes out of her way to interact, so now I'm in avoidance mode
with her.  Also people tend to make eye contact (24:30/31)
when they shake hands which can give off signals that can
be felt or read in various ways.

:peace:

The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

HP_TECH

Quote from: Andrewsarchus on January 29, 2017, 03:09:08 AM
I don't think there would be enough space for beauticians or their customers.

50:30
إِنَّنِي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِي

My Lord I repent to you for anything I uttered concerning You for which I have no knowledge of. Indeed You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

HP_TECH

Peace

Do you resent me reminding you of a verse and that your Lord's punishment is nothing to be felt secure from?

PS sorry I don't get your sense of humor

My Lord I repent to you for anything I uttered concerning You for which I have no knowledge of. Indeed You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

Aladin from Azra tribe

Since you've been a good girl :) I'll tell that "sultan" maybe mean "an ability and/or a tool to differ two similarities".
There cannot be both opinion and knowledge
of the same thing at the same time

"The First Teacher", Aristotle

HP_TECH

Quote from: Andrewsarchus on January 30, 2017, 08:43:16 AM
I apologize, I spoke above my station to an unknown stranger.
You probably mean well.
I never should have overstepped my bounds.
It's okay

عوني

Reading your post Andrewsarchus I have to say I'm beginning to like your style more and more especially for posting that animal picture. Kudos to you and sultan  :handshake:

عوني

Quote from: Andrewsarchus on January 30, 2017, 09:14:35 PM
Woah  :handshake: It's Freeminds very own news reporter.  ;D Who's next?  :hail Edip "The last Caspian tiger" Yuksel?
:- Someone had to do it.Sultan hens don't get enough publicity.

8)

si di

@HP Tech

I live in a multiethnic Environment where the majority is shaking Hands without any exclusion but it happend that i came in contact with a muslimgroup where it is not allowed to shake Hands with the opp. gender .Then it was immidate after that Occasion that i had to greet a families friend and i was still in this not shaking Hands with opp. gender but this time the other insisted of shaking Hands but i didnt and i felt pitty.

HP_TECH

Quote from: si di on January 31, 2017, 10:05:11 AM
@HP Tech

I live in a multiethnic Environment where the majority is shaking Hands without any exclusion but it happend that i came in contact with a muslimgroup where it is not allowed to shake Hands with the opp. gender .Then it was immidate after that Occasion that i had to greet a families friend and i was still in this not shaking Hands with opp. gender but this time the other insisted of shaking Hands but i didnt and i felt pitty.

Ah I see.
So you ended up feeling petty or sorrowful for not extending a handshake to the family friend.
How did the person who insisted on shaking hands feel after you curved him?
Were you able to still speak to the person and have a polite cordial conversation?

You know parents sometimes feel guilty for saying no to their children when they ask them for things. However, in the end teaching the child self-restraint, patience, good behavior is better for both the parent and the child.

Therefore it might be uncomfortable at first but it does not mean the greeting with the person must end there.
Example:

A family friend walks up to you and says Hi nice to meet you I am so and so, while extending his hand towards you
You can simply respond back quickly "Hi nice to meet you" with a big smile and convey, "Sorry, I do not shake hands. How are you this evening? Was it cold outside?"

Change subject there are so many more important or interesting things to focus on besides hand shaking.
Some people are comfortable with touching others and some are not. You are in control of your body so make the choice that best suits you.
However, if the only thing impeding you from shaking hands is your conscience regarding what Quran might have to say about this situation.
Then I would suggest duah (supplication) unto your Lord. He will respond to you  :)