News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

If there are Jinns, It's the Female Homo-Sapiens!

Started by hansolo, January 22, 2017, 12:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aries

Quote from: A Submitter on March 21, 2017, 03:46:11 PM
What are you talking about?

5 in a road?  :yay:

I am so proud of you  :wow

Next time we will try "providing arguments beyond "i said so" "  :welcome:

huruf

If Maryam was not beloved of God beyond all imagination, one would be tempted to feel pity for her. Hers and his son's message going by like if it was nothing, and many ears wanting to run away from it and hiding it behind pretty virginities and pinkwashed in ever so pious description of her as the best of women, which is not much since any man is away ahead of Maryam in so far as he dispatches her assigning her her grade before humans and God...

No wonder the world is going the way it is. It may be the time to
do away with this one and raise a new one.

Salaam

Man of Faith

Huruf,

However, in the sectarian interpretation of Quran it calls her chaste and that she was chosen of among all women.

Be well
Qarael Amenuel
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

Noon waalqalami

Quote from: imrankhawaja on March 22, 2017, 02:58:48 AM
....no after riajal,,, lets carry on then... 

Peace, be careful with رجال rijālun (3+ e.g. can apply to 1 man + 99 women) use context.

imrankhawaja

Quote from: aries on March 22, 2017, 07:07:09 AM
Peace Imran,

Thank you so much for your concern but thanks God i am intelligent and independent enough to build up my own understandings. That is one of the reasons we all are here. Me too.

Verbs dont change meaning if the subject is femenine.

Now look at the following:

Quote 1:

إِذْ قَالَتِ الْمَلَائِكَةُ (...) إِنَّ اللَّهَ يبشرك بِكَلِمَةٍ مِّنْهُ

Behold! The angels said:  Allah gives you glad tidings of a word from Him.

Quote  2:
فَنَادَتْهُ الْمَلَائِكَةُ
أَنَّ اللَّهَ يبشرك (...) مُصَدِّقًا بِكَلِمَةٍ مِّنَ اللَّهِ

The angels said:  Allah gives you good tidings (...) conforming a word from Allah

In one if the cases the addresee was a woman,  and she is not considered a messenger. In the other case the addressee is a man and he is considered a messenger.
Can you tell me who is who and why one is a messenger and the other is not?

thats what i asked from you, we have finish our understanding of nabi according to the previous post...

so due to that defination , if mof recieved a revelation from God , he is a nabi too...

we are talking about messenger(rasool), so gentle lady , solve this puzzle for me , if you already know what is the defination of messenger as per scripture?  same like nabi...

then we will discuss about it..

if you guys are asking about my understanding of messenger and prophet i already declare something in my post here...

https://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9609251.msg402421#msg402421

from my point of view , she can be a prophet(nabi) of God and can b a messenger(rasool) of God...

from traditional point of view messenger have some different meanings thats what we are actually discussing..

my debate is not on gender based but on the understanding of nabi  and rasool...... becoz there is another character by name in quran mr luqman , people are  not still unanimous about him either he was  a prophet or messenger.. or just a normal character of history...

now i bring this character inside the thread just not to confuse on gender debate... as you clearly see i have not any issue in accepting her a messenger or prophet , but the problem i have in differentiating between prophet and messengers as per the lens of secterian or non secterian understanding...

God bless you...

imrankhawaja

Quote from: Bender on March 22, 2017, 04:01:57 AM
Do you think Meryem was speech-impaired (not sure if this is the correct term)?

i think you should apply this term to moses, lol 

Aries

Quote from: imrankhawaja on March 22, 2017, 12:44:45 PM
thats what i asked from you, we have finish our understanding of nabi according to the previous post...

so due to that defination , if mof recieved a revelation from God , he is a nabi too...

we are talking about messenger(rasool), so gentle lady , solve this puzzle for me , if you already know what is the defination of messenger as per scripture?  same like nabi...

then we will discuss about it..

if you guys are asking about my understanding of messenger and prophet i already declare something in my post here...

https://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9609251.msg402421#msg402421

from my point of view , she can be a prophet(nabi) of God and can b a messenger(rasool) of God...

from traditional point of view messenger have some different meanings thats what we are actually discussing..

my debate is not on gender based but on the understanding of nabi  and rasool...... becoz there is another character by name in quran mr luqman , people are  not still unanimous about him either he was  a prophet or messenger.. or just a normal character of history...

now i bring this character inside the thread just not to confuse on gender debate... as you clearly see i have not any issue in accepting her a messenger or prophet , but the problem i have in differentiating between prophet and messengers as per the lens of secterian or non secterian understanding...

God bless you...

Red: Oh I did not get into the definition at all in my previous post, I was just pointing out that women are not out of prophethood and that only prejudice would affirm such a thing. It is not the first time I see a verb changing meaning because of its subject being a woman or a man  >:( So why "revelation" to a man and ohhh we have a prophet and the same verb is "inspiration" for a woman and she is not. I was not states although that such is my understanding of nabi.

I am so sorry but I deduced you were saying only men can be prophets or messengers. I know you will forgive me  ;)

As you I don't see a clear correlation between "recieving a scripture" (in the traditional sense) and being prophet. Actually right now my understanding is like yours... But there must be also a difference between nabiyina and anbiyaa that i never checked (you all are welcome to help here if you have  :peace:) and I think it will be important

Have a greaaaaaaaaaaat day  :sun:

imrankhawaja

Quote from: aries on March 22, 2017, 01:08:51 PM

I am so sorry but I deduced you were saying only men can be prophets or messengers. I know you will forgive me  ;)

As you I don't see a clear correlation between "recieving a scripture" (in the traditional sense) and being prophet. Actually right now my understanding is like yours... But there must be also a difference between nabiyina and anbiyaa that i never checked (you all are welcome to help here if you have  :peace:) and I think it will be important

BLUE ooh common gentle lady you really dnt need to ask any forgivness ... from me... we all here for the same purpose so i consider you as my friendly colleage....

but i consider sister huruf as a strict teacher who always punish boys and spare girls in the class ... lol just kidding... and due to her seniority she hardly laugh , i dnt know why...

bold part... i think we need more veiws on this thing , bender, wakas, SC , layth  anybody can give their thoughts in it...

by defualt messenger is automatically a prophet too... ( becoz he already cleared the revelation/inspiration/wahi stage)

then the wahi suppose to spread in the nation by the command of God...

your red part

dnt worry , maryum is just before muhammad so that rule only apply to the ones who comes after muhammad,, as the seal of prophethood...  ;) i think due too this reason i m unable to declare me as a prophet.. hope u got it...

A Submitter

Nobody has provided any proof to backup their claim that Maryam was a prophet.

Should we conclude then?

Salam

imrankhawaja

Quote from: A Submitter on March 22, 2017, 02:21:48 PM
Nobody has provided any proof to backup their claim that Maryam was a prophet.

Should we conclude then?

Salam

brother forget about maryum right now... we are discussing the law that make a person messenger or prophet...

when you will understand the law then its easy to catagorise who was who...

thats why i bring luqman inside the discussion , its not a gender debate.. its the debate of prophethood and messenger ship...

even the nabi word interpretated as prophet which is not a best defiantion ... a prophet lingually a person who prophesied things ... like forecasting...

nabi = prophet is a poor defination... news giver /informer can be understood in that context...