Poll

Do you think "Reincarnation" make sense?

Yes, It Make Sense and I have an argument below
0 (0%)
Yes, It Make Sense but I don't have an argument
1 (25%)
No It doesn't make sense because my holy book said so
0 (0%)
No It  doesn't make sense and I explain why below and it has nothing to do with what is being said in holy book
0 (0%)
I don't know
3 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Does "Reincarnation" Make Sense?  (Read 369 times)

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
Does "Reincarnation" Make Sense?
« on: January 11, 2017, 12:32:42 PM »
By reincarnation it is:
The same consciousness assuming different identity and physical body on different space and time, with or without memory about their previous or past identity.

The thought was triggered after I watched this illustrative short video, although it actually has nothing to do with reincarnation.

What Are You?
https://youtu.be/JQVmkDUkZT4

HP_TECH

• Truth Seeker
Re: Does "Reincarnation" Make Sense?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 03:20:43 PM »
Does "Reincarnation" Make Sense?

Well define Reincarnation first.

If you are referring to reincarnation in the conventional sense, then I must say it does not make sense.

However, if you are referring to reincarnation in light of the Quran, as in Resurrection in the Hereafter after Allah Has Judged, then I would say it makes sense.
إِنَّنِي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِي

My Lord I repent to you for anything I uttered concerning You for which I have no knowledge of. Indeed You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

Comrox

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 12:09:45 AM »
Still not sure, honestly. :)
10:109 Follow what is being inspired to you and be patient until God judges.

57:3 He is the First and the Last, the Evident and the Innermost. And He is fully aware of all things.

HP_TECH

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 06:52:11 PM »
Are you a Muslim?

My Lord I repent to you for anything I uttered concerning You for which I have no knowledge of. Indeed You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 12:41:31 AM »
The idea of 'reincarnation', once considered as 'blasphomous' by the western world  (middle east included) which was under heavy influence of Judeo-Christianity-Islam religion is gaining a momentum nowadays..

Infact, today's Judaism has somehow embraced the idea of 'reincarnation'..
http://www.jewfaq.org/olamhaba.htm

Starting from late 20th century, the idea of 'reincarnation' started to enter 'scientific community'.. 'western scientific community' to be exact with pioneer like Dr Ian Stevenson. He has written many papers and books relating to the research on the topic.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Stevenson

Just google his name to see his presentation / documentary video or paper.

He has recorded myriad of convincing cases of children who has memory of his/her past life... and all of the information given by the child about his/her past identity and life can be confirmed to be correct.
Interesting enough there are also cases where a boy lived a past identity as a girl and vice versa..

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 02:34:39 AM »
I find it much more consistent than the sectarian (Avrahamic) interpretation of life. It is the understanding that I embrace. It is something I have studied a lot in recent years.

Be well
Amenuel
Website reference: http://iamthatiam.boards.net

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 02:38:04 AM »
Are you a Muslim?

He is muslim, not A Muslim, as the word should be used.

HP_TECH

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 02:47:00 AM »
I find it much more consistent than the sectarian (Avrahamic) interpretation of life. It is the understanding that I embrace. It is something I have studied a lot in recent years.

Be well
Amenuel

If you do not desist, you are going to be carrying a heavy load for all the misleading you have been conducting in this forum. So carry on if you will

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 03:02:02 AM »
The idea of 'reincarnation', once considered as 'blasphomous' by the western world  (middle east included) which was under heavy influence of Judeo-Christianity-Islam religion is gaining a momentum nowadays..

Infact, today's Judaism has somehow embraced the idea of 'reincarnation'..
http://www.jewfaq.org/olamhaba.htm

Starting from late 20th century, the idea of 'reincarnation' started to enter 'scientific community'.. 'western scientific community' to be exact with pioneer like Dr Ian Stevenson. He has written many papers and books relating to the research on the topic.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Stevenson

Just google his name to see his presentation / documentary video or paper.

He has recorded myriad of convincing cases of children who has memory of his/her past life... and all of the information given by the child about his/her past identity and life can be confirmed to be correct.
Interesting enough there are also cases where a boy lived a past identity as a girl and vice versa..

Ancient Judaism does seem to have supported and even embraced the concept of reincarnation. It appears that somewhere between 500BC and 1000AD (probably even later) that clergymen gave their reinterpretation of things without the ability to understand older writings. When reading Jesus utterance as he heals a blind man's eyes of saying "you are forgiven" it indicates the man must have done something prior to his birth as he was apparently born blind.

And that is hardly a forgiving because he had done some silly original sin in a kind of paradise, and how unfair is that god in punishing all mankind for a mistake one (or two) people did? That traditional story is not consistent.

And to expand with philosophy, how fair is it that the man was born blind while others are not?

And how fair is it that some people are born in wartorn regions while some are born in (so far) harmonious European countries?

And how consistent is it with having lived only that life? A reasonable person would require a more logically sound answer.

The simple explanation is that it is because of what they have previously done. One shall reap what they have sown. What goes around comes around. One should experience something of the full magnitude of their deeds (an adaptation of what Yesaya said).

The sect Islam is just an invention by separatist Persian Jewish clergymen with significant influence enough to rally for a new religion. Mostly everything they interpreted to be against is actually the truth, although slightly misrepresented. That you are a kind of "child of God" is true. That you are to be affiliated/associated with God is true. That you should be one in the originator and the originator in you is true. That you "stay in the fire" for only a number of days is true. That knowledge was from before the uprisings of the mighty Persian (Pharisee) Jewish clergymen beginning before Jesus and onwards for a millennium or so until all opposition and their knowledge was lost although yet relatively preserved in East Asian faith systems. People may have immigrated westward or embraced Christianity or let themselves be assimilated in the new sect Islam. I know many had gone into disputes and diverted into own sects which lived forth into the 1200s AD and fragments of their teachings are still alive today.

Be well
Amenuel

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 03:07:33 AM »
If you do not desist, you are going to be carrying a heavy load for all the misleading you have been conducting in this forum. So carry on if you will

If you can prove to me I am misleading, I will desist, but no one has come with logically consistent arguments to counter that. And I am reinforced by own work of research on Quran so you are in a quite weak position to judge who is misleading.

How about your misleadings; claiming the Earth to be a flat expanse, God is punishing people eternally for being confused and deluded in a difficult environment, God has clear human characteristics and it would appear I am more advanced than that god and the list could go on but this is what crossed my mind as I was brainstorming.

Be well
Amenuel