Author Topic: Prophets knowing future  (Read 11726 times)

Noon waalqalami

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-0
Re: Prophets knowing future
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2016, 02:26:17 AM »
When God reveals something to humans, then it implies they are certain about it, otherwise how are they certain about the hereafter? (2:4)

Peace, by "believing" in the book and in the unseen like it says?

2:1 الم alif lam meem
2:2 ذلك such الكتاب the book لا not رىب doubt فىه in it هدى guidance للمتقىن for the righteous
2:3 الذىن the ones ىومنون believing بالغىب bil-ghaybi/in the unseen وىقىمون and keeping الصلاه the contact prayer ومما and from what رزقناهم provide we them ىنفقون spending
2:4 والذىن and the ones ىومنون believing بما in what انزل descended الىك to you وما and what انزل descended من from قبلك before you وبالاخره and in the afterlife هم themselves ىوقنون yūqinūna/assured being
2:5 اولىك surely those على on هدى guidance من from ربهم lord theirs واولىك and surely those هم themselves المفلحون the succeeding
2:6 ان surely الذىن the ones كفروا disregard they of سواء equally علىهم on them اانذرتهم warn thou them ام or لم not تنذرهم thou warn them لا not ىومنون believing

Otherwise without faith none can be certain what happened in the unseen past, present, or future.

12:51 قال said ما what خطبكن affair yours (f/p) اذ when راودتن you sought to seduce ىوسف Joseph عن about نفسه soul his/himself قلن said (f/p) حاش forbid لله to god ما not علمنا know we علىه on/about him من any سوء evil قالت said she امرات im'ra-atu/woman العزىز al-ʿazīzi/the mighty الان henceforth حصحص evident الحق the truth انا that I راودته sought to seduce him عن about نفسه soul his/himself وانه and surely he لمن surely from الصادقىن the truthful
12:52 ذلك such لىعلم to know انى that I لم not اخنه betray him بالغىب bil-ghaybi/in the unseen (i.e. what transpired in private between them) وان and that الله the god لا not ىهدى guides كىد plan الخاىنىن the betrayers

12:102 ذلك such من from انباء anbāi/information الغىب al-ghaybi/the unseen نوحىه we reveal it الىك to you وما and not كنت were thou لدىهم with them اذ when اجمعوا conceived they of امرهم plan theirs وهم while they ىمكرون were plotting

truthseeker11

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2016, 07:46:20 AM »
Peace Noon,

Long post and you still could not disprove that revelation leads to certainty.

Peace
6:116 And if you obey the majority of those on Earth they will lead you away from God?s path; that is because they follow conjecture, and that is because they only guess.

10:36 Most of them only follow conjecture. While conjecture does not avail against the truth in anything. God is aware of what they do.

2:170 And if they are told: ?Follow what God has sent down,? they say: ?No, we will follow what we found our fathers doing!? What if their fathers did not understand anything and were not guided?

28:75 And We will extract from every nation a witness, then We will say: ?Bring forth your proof.? They will then realize that all truth belongs with God, and what they had invented will abandon them.

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +14/-2
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2016, 04:30:09 AM »
peace,

Peace Noon,

Long post and you still could not disprove that revelation leads to certainty.

Peace

They are described as "believers" throughout, not "knowers".

ا م ن

Alif-Meem-Nun = become/feel safe/secure, state of security/safety, trust, become quiet/tranquil in heart/mind, become free of expectation of evil or free of an object of dislike/hatred, promise/assurance of security/safety, become trustful/faithful/confident, to believe/acknowledge it, manifestation of humility/submission.

http://corpus.quran.com/qurandictionary.jsp?q=Amn

879 occurrences

Let us know how many occurrences you find that mean "those who are certain" / "knowers".
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

truthseeker11

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2016, 09:11:41 AM »
Peace all,

As everyone can see, Wakas committed a logical fallacy of either strawman or red herring. (Not surprised at all).    :brickwall:

As everyone can see, Wakas miserably failed in disproving that revelation leads to certainty.

This post does not constitute a request from Wakas to disprove that statement. Considering historical evidences, from here on I will not respond to Wakas in any of my future posts on this forum, unless he engages in a discussion without committing logical fallacies. Readers are encouraged to go through my past discussions for evidence.

Peace
6:116 And if you obey the majority of those on Earth they will lead you away from God?s path; that is because they follow conjecture, and that is because they only guess.

10:36 Most of them only follow conjecture. While conjecture does not avail against the truth in anything. God is aware of what they do.

2:170 And if they are told: ?Follow what God has sent down,? they say: ?No, we will follow what we found our fathers doing!? What if their fathers did not understand anything and were not guided?

28:75 And We will extract from every nation a witness, then We will say: ?Bring forth your proof.? They will then realize that all truth belongs with God, and what they had invented will abandon them.

truthseeker11

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2016, 09:47:10 AM »
Peace all,

Please reflect on the following sign:

7:52 And We have come to them with a book which we have detailed with knowledge; a guidance and a mercy to those who believe.

This indicates revelations in the book contain knowledge and believers get that knowledge from the book. Additionally, "those with knowledge" has been used multiple times in the quran. Readers are also requested to read my other post for evidences from the quran. Some forum members seem not to use mind/reason/logic when reflecting on the quran. For those members, I humbly request to use mind/reason/logic as advised by the quran itself, and also to look up various logical fallacies and try to avoid them.

Peace

hawk99

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2016, 11:55:53 AM »

We people don't inherently know the unseen, it has to be told/revealed to us.
I notice that much of the Quran as regards to the unseen happened in the past.
The day of judgment is a future event that was revealed to Muhammad.  We know
about it because Allah revealed this unseen event during revelation.  Allah also
mentions those entering paradise (in the future) so we know this event to be true.
Also Allah reveals that these prophets/messengers are the type of vessels that
are capable of receiving these inspirations.  (no offence to folks who think they
are privy to the unseen).

7/188 Say [O Muhammad!]: ?I cannot control any benefit or harm for myself
save what Allah wills. Had I known the unseen (ghayb), I would have revealed
in good and no harm would have touched me. I am only a warner and announcer
of good news for people who believe.?

:peace:
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

truthseeker11

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2016, 12:13:16 PM »
Peace all,

so we know this event to be true.

Agreed.   :bravo:

God's signs in the book = knowledge (7:52, 45:16-17).

Not only that but God's signs/revelations lead to knowing with certainty (2:4, 27:3, 31:4, 32:24, 30:58-60, 45:4).

Wakas on the other hand might strongly disagree with this and might say "we believe this event to be true".

Peace

imrankhawaja

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2016, 04:51:13 PM »
As everyone can see, Wakas committed a logical fallacy

what is the difference between logical fallacy and illogical fallacy?

explain with examples if it possible please...

and is formal fallacy as same as logical fallacy?  :tempt:

i think you also have different meaning of this so we better see how you explain this out of context sorry for going  :offtopic:

imrankhawaja

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2016, 05:00:05 PM »
there are lot of fallacies out of which truthseeker also commit one of these ...its called

Quantification fallacy claimed by truthseeker down there have a look guys..

here

but for this fallacy if atleast five people are agree that ur understanding is true then we can procced and take it as not a fallacy  :yeah:

MindBender

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2020, 01:59:07 PM »
Peace TruthSeeker11,

Please see your inbox.

Consider me your admirer, i think have a lot to learn from you.

Please contact me, i will be much obliged.

Other venerable members, if you happen to know TruthSeeker11, please ask him to see his inbox.

I will be much obliged.

Regards,

Nabil Arshad