Author Topic: Should You Go Vegan?  (Read 5385 times)

TheHinaterians

• Beginner/Inquirer
Re: Should You Go Vegan?
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2019, 05:37:49 AM »
First of all, there is no compulsion to become vegan.

I know a sample of people that are or were cancer / severe disease patients.
The individuals that chose to not make huge life-style changes and followed the typical route did not heal.
Though the patients that had a different will and did their own "lifestyle experiments" ended up reducing their meat intake to the absolute minimal (but without becoming fully vegetarian or vegan) and on top of that they consumed additional products like alkaline liquid and bitter almond kernels etc. The latter's results overall were better.

The animal activists' mainly target the farms that make the animals live in terrible conditions as documented in real footage in documentaries.

I personally prefer vegan milk whenever possible compared to cow's milk because I know that not all places let their calves have enough milk or time with their mothers which is not merciful. For that reason, I only accept occasional cow milk from a milker in a foreign country within an open grassland village where I can witness the cows be in a healthy state with their babies. Though even with that, I see vegan milk as a staple.

Some animals like goose are strangled to death (which I faintly recall is mentioned about in the Koran as a no-no, I'll need to check) and foxes get randomly hunted (even when they do not pose any threats). I actually have a distant garden fox/ vixen that I never touched/petted but I have been close to in proximity whilst leaving food out for her and she seems to appreciate that with her eyes. So I support a fox charity that is growing because no animal should be illogically traumatised and murdered. I'd hate to hear that my garden fox with whom I have actually created an odd connection to will be without a valid reason hunted by pretentious cowards (that will be breaking the current law anyway).

Of course, animals are more innocent than humans. So, something in me made me realise that it's okay to love all animals, it's okay to have a pig or a hen sanctuary or salmon fish as pets. It's okay as long as it is not forbidden.

In terms of health (my blood tests/ vitamins etc) every medic says it's "excellent". I don't take any vitamin supplements nor do I think they are the best option out there. I eat organically from time to time and I try to have food probiotics. I do have vegan or vegetarian meat/doner kebab, and sometimes I make my own wheat meat by washing dough and adding a lot of spices and veg stock. I have nothing to complain about, I don't miss being non-vegetarian (I used to be a meat addict) yet the irony I hated witnessing "Eid" day.

I think the open experience with food makes us verify our previous opinions.

Nutrition source:    https://nutritionfacts.org

God Bless,
TheHinaterians

quincy

• Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2019, 06:37:10 AM »
We have that choice as westerners, as we are living in the headquarters of capitalism and import/export. And it is a healthy choice, even if all the meat is labeled halal I've seen to much animal cruelty to trust anyone anymore. We are no bedouins living in a desert or eskimos living in a tundra, we have a choice to eat fruits and vegetables from all around the world. With that much of variety you dont even need meat.

Becoming sick is also based on your mentality, as your mental state manifests itself as deseases. But most of all the modern industrial deseases are based on the consumption madness of a semi-conscious individual.
THE CREED OF ABRAHAM INCLINING TO TRUTH AND ABSOLUTE SUBMISSION TO THE MOST HIGH - THE LIVING AND ETERNAL GOD - THE CREATOR OF ALL

Jane

• Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2019, 07:57:25 AM »
Don't go vegan. It's stupid. God aready specified fasting as detox method. If you need to detox then just fast for how ever long and then eat properly again. I was vegetarian for several years as a teenager and regret it now. Ex-vegans will tell you the same.
PEACE

Amra94

• Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2019, 10:37:07 AM »
Don't go vegan. It's stupid. God aready specified fasting as detox method. If you need to detox then just fast for how ever long and then eat properly again. I was vegetarian for several years as a teenager and regret it now. Ex-vegans will tell you the same.
Most choose a vegan lifestyle for ethical reasons. I was vegan for a few years but I don't think it's stupid. It's healthy to at least reduce meat and dairy consumption.

Jane

• Apprentice
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2019, 12:08:47 PM »
Veganism is not reducing meat and dairy consumption though is it, it's banning it completely. Along with fish, seafood, insects, eggs AND honey. It's an unnecessarily restrictive diet which leads to malnourishment. Making yourself malnourished on purpose IS stupid.

There's no evidence that reducing animal product consumption improves health. For some cultures who need to eat a lot of animal fat such as the Inuit, it may even be disastrous.

Nor is there any ethical argument, as long as we keep within the limits of God we commit no error.
PEACE

Amra94

• Apprentice
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2019, 01:24:43 PM »
Veganism is not reducing meat and dairy consumption though is it, it's banning it completely. Along with fish, seafood, insects, eggs AND honey. It's an unnecessarily restrictive diet which leads to malnourishment. Making yourself malnourished on purpose IS stupid.

There's no evidence that reducing animal product consumption improves health. For some cultures who need to eat a lot of animal fat such as the Inuit, it may even be disastrous.

Nor is there any ethical argument, as long as we keep within the limits of God we commit no error.
There's plenty of evidence that reducing animal product consumption aka a primarily plant based diet reduces your risk of chronic illnesses like heart disease and cancer which are the two leading causes of death worldwide.
The Inuit don't need a lot of animal fat bcs it's healthy, they ain't got nothin else to eat.

quincy

• Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2019, 02:05:17 PM »
Veganism is only an option for a civilization based on profit and greed. Especially meat and other products like soda are weaponized to harm the consumer. You think a halal sausage is halal when it increases the risks of becoming cancer? And thats only one part of the whole soul destroying apparatus called capitalism.

THE CREED OF ABRAHAM INCLINING TO TRUTH AND ABSOLUTE SUBMISSION TO THE MOST HIGH - THE LIVING AND ETERNAL GOD - THE CREATOR OF ALL

Jane

• Apprentice
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2019, 01:19:17 PM »
There are no 'causes of death' that we have control over... we go when God takes our souls. It's the disbelievers who think they can control how long they live.

Provide some of this evidence that a diet devoid of animal products makes people healthier in the meantime since you believe it. Links to scientific studies and/or anecdotal evidence. I will certainly examine it God-willing.
PEACE

Amra94

• Apprentice
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2019, 06:11:26 PM »
There are no 'causes of death' that we have some control over... we go when God takes our souls. It's the disbelievers who think they can control how long they live.
We don't have control over our death but we do have some control over developing dietary related diseases like diabetes, certain cancers and heart disease.
Provide some of this evidence that a diet devoid of animal products makes people healthier in the meantime since you believe it. Links to scientific studies and/or anecdotal evidence. I will certainly examine it God-willing.
I never said completely eliminate meat and animal products. You said "There's no evidence that reducing animal product consumption improves health." There are many studies that show high intake of meat and animal products = higher rates of chronic illnesses. Do you actually reject that?

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2019, 02:59:42 AM »
peace all,

The worst foods one can have in the diet are added-sugar foods, moderate/highly processed foods, high heat cooked meats (e.g. fried, flame/char grilled).

The vast majority of the healthiest and longest living communities around the world (commonly called "the blue zones") have diets centered around whole plant foods. Sure most eat animal products but it is a small part of their diet.

The only diet proven to reverse the number one killer (heart disease) in "the West" is a low fat wholefood plant based diet. Lifestyle changes such as more exercise, less stress etc helps also. It can also reduce risk of other diseases, e.g. type2 diabetes, cancers.

The World's Largest Organization of Nutritional Professionals Says Vegan Diets are Suitable for All Ages as long as they are centered around whole plant foods, well-planned (e.g. variety) and specific supplements are taken, e.g. VitB12. It should be noted it is not only vegan diets that need to be well planned to ensure nutrition requirements are met.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org