Main Menu

Should You Go Vegan?

Started by عوني, January 05, 2017, 05:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bender

Quote from: عوني on January 05, 2017, 05:08:56 PM
Watched this video and found it to make a lot of sense:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-F8whzJfJY

Do you think Vegan is a better lifestyle, why or why not?

I did not see the vid, a little bit to long.
imo there is nothing wrong with consuming meat but there is everything wrong with how we get it.
Things like this should be forbidden everywhere:
Alhamdu lillahi rabbi al-alameen

Bender

Quote from: A Submitter on January 05, 2017, 05:28:48 PM
No, eat meat...those animal rights activists are trying to forbid what God has made permissible (that's their final goal).
Imo we need animal rights activists. Because of them a lot of animals are saved from torture or even extinction.
Alhamdu lillahi rabbi al-alameen

Man of Faith

Quote from: عوني on January 05, 2017, 05:08:56 PM
Watched this video and found it to make a lot of sense:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-F8whzJfJY

Do you think Vegan is a better lifestyle, why or why not?

It is a viable lifestyle. It is easier to get all the required nutrition from meat, but meat is to a higher degree susceptible to contamination. Organic vegetables are safer for consumption in the long run. You would need to reflect more upon what you eat in order to take in all required substances.

Also you need to learn a new level of cooking in order to feel full and content when you make vegan meals, of which many people complain it does not make them feel comfortable.

A good reason to skip the meat is because animals carry diseases compatible with humans meaning they transfer to humans using the animal as a host.

Meat is heavier to digest even after due cooking, when also the nutrition value is becoming lower due to the time under heat exposure. The degradation is not affecting it too much on the protein though.

Meat has a high level of proteins, making it possible to derive a very high dosage of it for expansion of the body tissues. Protein is however available artificially produced and not from animal origin.

I have acquaintances changing to vegans and at least one of them says they feel healthier. Not enough data to verify it is not a placebo effect though.

I often choose vegan alternatives myself, but I eat meat to some extent. I do have no affectionate love for meat and it is a matter of convenience that I still eat it as mentioned above. If I happen to take a burger I tend to pick a chicken burger.

Be well
Amenuel
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

عوني

Quote from: A Submitter on January 05, 2017, 06:05:41 PMShawarma is good too. Last time I had a good shawarma was in 2007 in Syria :). They put the chicken, so much chicken, mayonnaise, egg, another special dressing that I don't know, tall pickles, tomato, and the bread is fresh.

Where in Syria was that? :)

QuoteWill you give up shawarma for some activists' bla bla? Shawarma without chicken doesn't work.

As a matter of fact I am.. boycott boycott lol. Imagine what you can actually replace that with.. An Avocado for example.

Quote from: virginia on January 06, 2017, 12:44:02 AMHuman metabolism is omnivore, and that means we need also meat protein, mostly creatine, in order our metabolism to proceed to basic functions as muscle building and energy functions (kinase). From  meat protein our organism is able to produce basic needed enzymes and amino acids.

I am not in favor of the meat conspiration theory as the guy in the video (although I agree with many things he says there). The only reason why I restrict the consumption of meat to the minium is only that our metabolism needs very few meat protein and its intake just once a month is perfectly enough talking about white meat. Red meat could be eliminated from our diet without any negative impact in our organism.

The problem is the way meat in produced (I would say manufactured) in our days. The problem is not only the treat given to animals but also the whole production chain whose result is not meat but a bunch of toxins, cholesterol collectors and unnecessary fat disorganizing the metabolic balance and even blocking macro and micro nutrients from other foods to be properly absorbed and their leverages to be almost vanished. The food benefits of meat intake in our consumerist system are so few that not eating meat looks like a better option than eating it.

The same with fish meat. While it is one of the best options human body can intake, sea pollution makes fish meat non healthy anymore.

In any case, the world is an amazing place, and as weird as it sounds complete protein can be consumed even not eating meat, we just need to make some chemistry:   

http://www.wikihow.com/Combine-Food-to-Make-Complete-Protein

Now... Have you noticed (of course you have) the clearly higher frequency of fruits and grains over the frequency of meat in Quran? It exists even in Paradise  :yes

I agree with you, and I think you can get those protein from vegan food too.. I'd assume the downside about vegan diets is that the food full in protein don't have all the amino acids (or if they do, they would be in low amount) so I'd think vegans tend to combine it with other vegan protein rich food to get their amino acid need or they would eat more of the complete vegan protein food, assuming they're serious on their diets.

Quote from: Wakas on January 06, 2017, 06:31:26 AM
peace all,

I have studied this subject quite a lot, and here is my view:

Humans are designed for a primarily plant based diet (note the obvious, that does not mean a 100% plant based diet), thus animal products can be consumed in moderation.

The healthiest diets in general (based on the evidence) are about 90%+ wholefood plant based diet, with the other % made up of quality animal products (ideally organic, free-range, pasture raised etc).

If you go vegan you will almost certainly have to supplement with Vitamin B12, increase your omega 3 (e.g. ground flax/hemp/chia/walnuts) and eat a wide variety of nutrient dense foods to ensure you get all the nutrition you need. If you do that then the evidence suggests you will be very healthy indeed.

Personally, over the years, I have tried to reduce the amount of animal products I consume, mainly for three reasons:
1) it's generally healthier
2) plant based foods use much less resources than animal products (i.e. much better for environment)
3) I don't like the way animals are treated in general, for the food industry

Black: That's what I think too.. Something interesting to note, In 30:49 he points out that 70% of the human population are lactose intolerant as if dairy products are not ment for Humans.

Green: Those are the reasons I'm considering of going Vegan.

Quote from: Bender on January 06, 2017, 07:50:08 AMI did not see the vid, a little bit to long.
imo there is nothing wrong with consuming meat but there is everything wrong with how we get it.
Things like this should be forbidden everywhere:

Of course and I think most meat eaters agree on this as well. I think consuming meat and dairy products is bad for the health too and that's what he was trying to point out in the video besides animal ethics. A lot of meat in Europe is processed, hell most so called 'meat' even those that claim to be 100% meat are still processed and aren't hundred percent as they claim. In 2013 there was a scandal in Europe were foods advertised as containing beef had horse meat because of how processed food are and there was risk of harmful ingredients as well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_horse_meat_scandal

huruf

What is healthy is a matter of individual constitution an also of habits in the populations which in turn are a result of climate where they live. In humid climates where there is plenty of rain, the only or most expedient way of eating the vegetables, which would be mostly grass, would be to have the cows eat the grass and the people eat the cows and drink their milk.

Age is also a factor. We do not need or enjoy the same food all along our lives.

Mann is omnivorous and that is a safety factor since we are not limited to a single ressource either through need or through pleasure. Again the question should be that whatever we eat should be of good quality and that the creature that provide us with it, vegetable or animal, are dealt the best possible life for their species and nature.

Salaam   

A Submitter

Quote from: عوني on January 06, 2017, 08:35:04 AM
Where in Syria was that? :)

As a matter of fact I am.. boycott boycott lol. Imagine what you can actually replace that with.. An Avocado for example.

I agree with you, and I think you can get those protein from vegan food too.. I'd assume the downside about vegan diets is that the food full in protein don't have all the amino acids (or if they do, they would be in low amount) so I'd think vegans tend to combine it with other vegan protein rich food to get their amino acid need or they would eat more of the complete vegan protein food, assuming they're serious on their diets.

Black: That's what I think too.. Something interesting to note, In 30:49 he points out that 70% of the human population are lactose intolerant as if dairy products are not ment for Humans.

Green: Those are the reasons I'm considering of going Vegan.

Of course and I think most meat eaters agree on this as well. I think consuming meat and dairy products is bad for the health too and that's what he was trying to point out in the video besides animal ethics. A lot of meat in Europe is processed, hell most so called 'meat' even those that claim to be 100% meat are still processed and aren't hundred percent as they claim. In 2013 there was a scandal in Europe were foods advertised as containing beef had horse meat because of how processed food are and there was risk of harmful ingredients as well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_horse_meat_scandal

It was in Damascus
:peace:

Wakas

Quote from: عوني on January 06, 2017, 08:35:04 AM
Something interesting to note, In 30:49 he points out that 70% of the human population are lactose intolerant as if dairy products are not ment for Humans.

I haven't watched the video but organic raw dairy is apparently much more tolerable. Also people's digestion is poorer these days than what it probably used to be due to less healthy good bacteria, but good thing is lactose intolerance can be improved by increasing consumption of healthy probiotic foods, e.g. kefir yoghurt, fermented vegetables.

As a side note, I happen to think fermented vegetables are possibly the healthiest thing in the world to consume.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

Maha

Quote from: A Submitter on January 05, 2017, 05:28:48 PM
No, eat meat...those animal rights activists are trying to forbid what God has made permissible (that's their final goal).

I don't understand, how can these vegans live without a steak. I have been craving one for months now!!!!

Look at that steak and try saying if you want to go vegan!
https://az727346.vo.msecnd.net/content/images/hp1-steak.png

That steak won.

Salam
?

yeah just like human rights activists are trying to forbid what God made permissible (Slavery, spanking children, death sentence etc) and environmental activists are trying to forbid what God made permissible (to drive in big american cars, using toxic chemicals etc).

Very good argument indeed.
''No one has ever made himself great by showing how small someone else is''

A Submitter

Quote from: Maha on June 05, 2017, 06:00:03 PM
?

yeah just like human rights activists are trying to forbid what God made permissible (Slavery, spanking children, death sentence etc) and environmental activists are trying to forbid what God made permissible (to drive in big american cars, using toxic chemicals etc).

I understand your sarcasm, but dearh sentence should be permissible and should be decided by family of murdered victim.

But you realize that meat is a blessing from God for us to eat and enjoy? The vegetarians and vegans are trying to take this provision and blessing and enjoyment away...they can be these things but they shouldn't try to further their agenda.

As for environment activists, I got nothing against them, I wouldn't mind going back to riding donkeys and horses.

عوني

Quote from: Maha on June 05, 2017, 06:00:03 PM
?

+1

Quote from: A Submitter on June 05, 2017, 06:17:19 PMI understand your sarcasm, but dearh sentence should be permissible and should be decided by family of murdered victim.

But you realize that meat is a blessing from God for us to eat and enjoy? The vegetarians and vegans are trying to take this provision and blessing and enjoyment away...they can be these things but they shouldn't try to further their agenda.

As for environment activists, I got nothing against them, I wouldn't mind going back to riding donkeys and horses.

I've never seen any arguments from you so it's hard to take you seriously in topics like these. I'm not a vegetarian but I don't see vegetarians trying to take away anything as you claim and I don't see anything wrong with providing a new perspective of things and I do think Vegetarians have a point.