Author Topic: Should You Go Vegan?  (Read 7857 times)

عوني

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Should You Go Vegan?
« on: January 05, 2017, 03:08:56 PM »
Watched this video and found it to make a lot of sense:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-F8whzJfJY

Do you think Vegan is a better lifestyle, why or why not?

A Submitter

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Should You Go Vegan?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 03:28:48 PM »
Saw this video today and found it to make a lot of sense:

No, eat meat...those animal rights activists are trying to forbid what God has made permissible (that's their final goal).

I don't understand, how can these vegans live without a steak. I have been craving one for months now!!!!

Look at that steak and try saying if you want to go vegan!
https://az727346.vo.msecnd.net/content/images/hp1-steak.png

That steak won.

Salam

A Submitter

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 03:29:55 PM »
Brother, how can you even have the thought of giving up this?

http://www.tuckingawesome.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/grilled-pepper-steak.jpg

A Submitter

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 03:31:19 PM »
My mouth is so full with saliva  :rotfl: :rotfl: watching those pics

عوني

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 03:57:08 PM »
Lol that's an awful steak bro.. I'll pass. It's not the steak you should be worrying about though, it's food like Shawarma..

A Submitter

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 04:05:41 PM »
Lol that's an awful steak bro.. I'll pass. It's not the steak you should be worrying about though, it's food like Shawarma..

Shawarma is good too. Last time I had a good shawarma was in 2007 in Syria :). They put the chicken, so much chicken, mayonnaise, egg, another special dressing that I don't know, tall pickles, tomato, and the bread is fresh.

Will you give up shawarma for some activists' bla bla? Shawarma without chicken doesn't work.

Aries

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 10:44:02 PM »
Salam  :eat:

Human metabolism is omnivore, and that means we need also meat protein, mostly creatine, in order our metabolism to proceed to basic functions as muscle building and energy functions (kinase). From  meat protein our organism is able to produce basic needed enzymes and amino acids.

I am not in favor of the meat conspiration theory as the guy in the video (although I agree with many things he says there). The only reason why I restrict the consumption of meat to the minium is only that our metabolism needs very few meat protein and its intake just once a month is perfectly enough talking about white meat. Red meat could be eliminated from our diet without any negative impact in our organism.

The problem is the way meat in produced (I would say manufactured) in our days. The problem is not only the treat given to animals but also the whole production chain whose result is not meat but a bunch of toxins, cholesterol collectors and unnecessary fat disorganizing the metabolic balance and even blocking macro and micro nutrients from other foods to be properly absorbed and their leverages to be almost vanished. The food benefits of meat intake in our consumerist system are so few that not eating meat looks like a better option than eating it.

The same with fish meat. While it is one of the best options human body can intake, sea pollution makes fish meat non healthy anymore.

In any case, the world is an amazing place, and as weird as it sounds complete protein can be consumed even not eating meat, we just need to make some chemistry:   

http://www.wikihow.com/Combine-Food-to-Make-Complete-Protein

Now... Have you noticed (of course you have) the clearly higher frequency of fruits and grains over the frequency of meat in Quran? It exists even in Paradise  :yes

huruf

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 02:58:04 AM »
I do ot know whether meat is so bad... It depends on individuals and it depends on societies. Argentinians are great consumers of red meat and they are not particularly known to have bad health. Again some people can matbolise somethings and not others, be it meat or fish or seefood or vegetables.

And indeed we should worry about quality. It is much better to get meat of well treated and free animals which have been moving and running and living a good life than meat from animals which are "manufactured" without any regard to their dignity or freedom as the species they are. Hens and chicken should be able to roam about and lie under the sun or the shadow, not be piled and inflated like inanimate beings. They are lives that are worth iving and which are beneficial to us, we should have for them regard and let them enjoy their lives as hens or chicken.

I am comletely against animalists excesses, but to make lives of animals such a calvary is a real insult to God's gifts.

So it is not a question of what you eat as much as a question of how you get what you eat. It should nto be at the cost of a good life for our animal benefactors.

There are already in the shops eggs which are classified as coming from hens who enjoy open air and are not lamed nor mistreated. To be sincere I hae not appreciated that they taste better than eggs from other hens but certainly for the sake of hens which are such a service to us, we should be more than willing to pay some more for their eggs. It is a matter of regard for God's creatures and jus for the simple pleasure of envisioning them enjoying their simple animal life like we enjoy also, or would like to enjoy our equally simple animal life. And also a matter of gratitude.

Our efforts whould be to exact proper treatment of animals who are our benefactors, not to eliminate them, which would be the case if their consumption were to be eliminated, automatically they would also be eliminated. And finally they are also beautiful animals each one their own way. 

Salaam

Cerberus

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 03:02:48 AM »
In the abundance of food, yes you can go vegan. But you should go to one of those places where people barely find anything to eat...See then if the idea of not eating animal based food will ever cross your mind.

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +13/-2
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 04:31:26 AM »
peace all,

I have studied this subject quite a lot, and here is my view:

Humans are designed for a primarily plant based diet (note the obvious, that does not mean a 100% plant based diet), thus animal products can be consumed in moderation.

The healthiest diets in general (based on the evidence) are about 90%+ wholefood plant based diet, with the other % made up of quality animal products (ideally organic, free-range, pasture raised etc).

If you go vegan you will almost certainly have to supplement with Vitamin B12, increase your omega 3 (e.g. ground flax/hemp/chia/walnuts) and eat a wide variety of nutrient dense foods to ensure you get all the nutrition you need. If you do that then the evidence suggests you will be very healthy indeed.

Personally, over the years, I have tried to reduce the amount of animal products I consume, mainly for three reasons:
1) it's generally healthier
2) plant based foods use much less resources than animal products (i.e. much better for environment)
3) I don't like the way animals are treated in general, for the food industry

All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

Bender

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2017, 05:28:53 AM »

I did not see the vid, a little bit to long.
imo there is nothing wrong with consuming meat but there is everything wrong with how we get it.
Things like this should be forbidden everywhere:
Alhamdu lillahi rabbi al-alameen

Bender

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2017, 05:50:08 AM »
No, eat meat...those animal rights activists are trying to forbid what God has made permissible (that's their final goal).
Imo we need animal rights activists. Because of them a lot of animals are saved from torture or even extinction.
Alhamdu lillahi rabbi al-alameen

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 06:30:57 AM »

It is a viable lifestyle. It is easier to get all the required nutrition from meat, but meat is to a higher degree susceptible to contamination. Organic vegetables are safer for consumption in the long run. You would need to reflect more upon what you eat in order to take in all required substances.

Also you need to learn a new level of cooking in order to feel full and content when you make vegan meals, of which many people complain it does not make them feel comfortable.

A good reason to skip the meat is because animals carry diseases compatible with humans meaning they transfer to humans using the animal as a host.

Meat is heavier to digest even after due cooking, when also the nutrition value is becoming lower due to the time under heat exposure. The degradation is not affecting it too much on the protein though.

Meat has a high level of proteins, making it possible to derive a very high dosage of it for expansion of the body tissues. Protein is however available artificially produced and not from animal origin.

I have acquaintances changing to vegans and at least one of them says they feel healthier. Not enough data to verify it is not a placebo effect though.

I often choose vegan alternatives myself, but I eat meat to some extent. I do have no affectionate love for meat and it is a matter of convenience that I still eat it as mentioned above. If I happen to take a burger I tend to pick a chicken burger.

Be well
Amenuel
Website reference: http://iamthatiam.boards.net

عوني

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2017, 06:35:04 AM »
Shawarma is good too. Last time I had a good shawarma was in 2007 in Syria :). They put the chicken, so much chicken, mayonnaise, egg, another special dressing that I don't know, tall pickles, tomato, and the bread is fresh.

Where in Syria was that? :)

Will you give up shawarma for some activists' bla bla? Shawarma without chicken doesn't work.

As a matter of fact I am.. boycott boycott lol. Imagine what you can actually replace that with.. An Avocado for example.

Human metabolism is omnivore, and that means we need also meat protein, mostly creatine, in order our metabolism to proceed to basic functions as muscle building and energy functions (kinase). From  meat protein our organism is able to produce basic needed enzymes and amino acids.

I am not in favor of the meat conspiration theory as the guy in the video (although I agree with many things he says there). The only reason why I restrict the consumption of meat to the minium is only that our metabolism needs very few meat protein and its intake just once a month is perfectly enough talking about white meat. Red meat could be eliminated from our diet without any negative impact in our organism.

The problem is the way meat in produced (I would say manufactured) in our days. The problem is not only the treat given to animals but also the whole production chain whose result is not meat but a bunch of toxins, cholesterol collectors and unnecessary fat disorganizing the metabolic balance and even blocking macro and micro nutrients from other foods to be properly absorbed and their leverages to be almost vanished. The food benefits of meat intake in our consumerist system are so few that not eating meat looks like a better option than eating it.

The same with fish meat. While it is one of the best options human body can intake, sea pollution makes fish meat non healthy anymore.

In any case, the world is an amazing place, and as weird as it sounds complete protein can be consumed even not eating meat, we just need to make some chemistry:   

http://www.wikihow.com/Combine-Food-to-Make-Complete-Protein

Now... Have you noticed (of course you have) the clearly higher frequency of fruits and grains over the frequency of meat in Quran? It exists even in Paradise  :yes

I agree with you, and I think you can get those protein from vegan food too.. I'd assume the downside about vegan diets is that the food full in protein don't have all the amino acids (or if they do, they would be in low amount) so I'd think vegans tend to combine it with other vegan protein rich food to get their amino acid need or they would eat more of the complete vegan protein food, assuming they're serious on their diets.

peace all,

I have studied this subject quite a lot, and here is my view:

Humans are designed for a primarily plant based diet (note the obvious, that does not mean a 100% plant based diet), thus animal products can be consumed in moderation.

The healthiest diets in general (based on the evidence) are about 90%+ wholefood plant based diet, with the other % made up of quality animal products (ideally organic, free-range, pasture raised etc).

If you go vegan you will almost certainly have to supplement with Vitamin B12, increase your omega 3 (e.g. ground flax/hemp/chia/walnuts) and eat a wide variety of nutrient dense foods to ensure you get all the nutrition you need. If you do that then the evidence suggests you will be very healthy indeed.

Personally, over the years, I have tried to reduce the amount of animal products I consume, mainly for three reasons:
1) it's generally healthier
2) plant based foods use much less resources than animal products (i.e. much better for environment)
3) I don't like the way animals are treated in general, for the food industry

Black: That's what I think too.. Something interesting to note, In 30:49 he points out that 70% of the human population are lactose intolerant as if dairy products are not ment for Humans.

Green: Those are the reasons I'm considering of going Vegan.

I did not see the vid, a little bit to long.
imo there is nothing wrong with consuming meat but there is everything wrong with how we get it.
Things like this should be forbidden everywhere:

Of course and I think most meat eaters agree on this as well. I think consuming meat and dairy products is bad for the health too and that's what he was trying to point out in the video besides animal ethics. A lot of meat in Europe is processed, hell most so called 'meat' even those that claim to be 100% meat are still processed and aren't hundred percent as they claim. In 2013 there was a scandal in Europe were foods advertised as containing beef had horse meat because of how processed food are and there was risk of harmful ingredients as well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_horse_meat_scandal

huruf

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2017, 07:55:05 AM »
 What is healthy is a matter of individual constitution an also of habits in the populations which in turn are a result of climate where they live. In humid climates where there is plenty of rain, the only or most expedient way of eating the vegetables, which would be mostly grass, would be to have the cows eat the grass and the people eat the cows and drink their milk.

Age is also a factor. We do not need or enjoy the same food all along our lives.

Mann is omnivorous and that is a safety factor since we are not limited to a single ressource either through need or through pleasure. Again the question should be that whatever we eat should be of good quality and that the creature that provide us with it, vegetable or animal, are dealt the best possible life for their species and nature.

Salaam   

A Submitter

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2017, 07:56:28 AM »
Where in Syria was that? :)

As a matter of fact I am.. boycott boycott lol. Imagine what you can actually replace that with.. An Avocado for example.

I agree with you, and I think you can get those protein from vegan food too.. I'd assume the downside about vegan diets is that the food full in protein don't have all the amino acids (or if they do, they would be in low amount) so I'd think vegans tend to combine it with other vegan protein rich food to get their amino acid need or they would eat more of the complete vegan protein food, assuming they're serious on their diets.

Black: That's what I think too.. Something interesting to note, In 30:49 he points out that 70% of the human population are lactose intolerant as if dairy products are not ment for Humans.

Green: Those are the reasons I'm considering of going Vegan.

Of course and I think most meat eaters agree on this as well. I think consuming meat and dairy products is bad for the health too and that's what he was trying to point out in the video besides animal ethics. A lot of meat in Europe is processed, hell most so called 'meat' even those that claim to be 100% meat are still processed and aren't hundred percent as they claim. In 2013 there was a scandal in Europe were foods advertised as containing beef had horse meat because of how processed food are and there was risk of harmful ingredients as well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_horse_meat_scandal

It was in Damascus
 :peace:

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +13/-2
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2017, 09:53:12 AM »
Something interesting to note, In 30:49 he points out that 70% of the human population are lactose intolerant as if dairy products are not ment for Humans.

I haven't watched the video but organic raw dairy is apparently much more tolerable. Also people's digestion is poorer these days than what it probably used to be due to less healthy good bacteria, but good thing is lactose intolerance can be improved by increasing consumption of healthy probiotic foods, e.g. kefir yoghurt, fermented vegetables.

As a side note, I happen to think fermented vegetables are possibly the healthiest thing in the world to consume.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

Maha

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2017, 03:00:03 PM »

I don't understand, how can these vegans live without a steak. I have been craving one for months now!!!!

Look at that steak and try saying if you want to go vegan!
https://az727346.vo.msecnd.net/content/images/hp1-steak.png

That steak won.

Salam
?

yeah just like human rights activists are trying to forbid what God made permissible (Slavery, spanking children, death sentence etc) and environmental activists are trying to forbid what God made permissible (to drive in big american cars, using toxic chemicals etc).

Very good argument indeed.
''No one has ever made himself great by showing how small someone else is''

A Submitter

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2017, 03:17:19 PM »
?

yeah just like human rights activists are trying to forbid what God made permissible (Slavery, spanking children, death sentence etc) and environmental activists are trying to forbid what God made permissible (to drive in big american cars, using toxic chemicals etc).

I understand your sarcasm, but dearh sentence should be permissible and should be decided by family of murdered victim.

But you realize that meat is a blessing from God for us to eat and enjoy? The vegetarians and vegans are trying to take this provision and blessing and enjoyment away...they can be these things but they shouldn't try to further their agenda.

As for environment activists, I got nothing against them, I wouldn't mind going back to riding donkeys and horses.

عوني

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2017, 06:26:56 PM »
?

+1

I understand your sarcasm, but dearh sentence should be permissible and should be decided by family of murdered victim.

But you realize that meat is a blessing from God for us to eat and enjoy? The vegetarians and vegans are trying to take this provision and blessing and enjoyment away...they can be these things but they shouldn't try to further their agenda.

As for environment activists, I got nothing against them, I wouldn't mind going back to riding donkeys and horses.

I've never seen any arguments from you so it's hard to take you seriously in topics like these. I'm not a vegetarian but I don't see vegetarians trying to take away anything as you claim and I don't see anything wrong with providing a new perspective of things and I do think Vegetarians have a point.

TheHinaterians

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2019, 05:37:49 AM »
First of all, there is no compulsion to become vegan.

I know a sample of people that are or were cancer / severe disease patients.
The individuals that chose to not make huge life-style changes and followed the typical route did not heal.
Though the patients that had a different will and did their own "lifestyle experiments" ended up reducing their meat intake to the absolute minimal (but without becoming fully vegetarian or vegan) and on top of that they consumed additional products like alkaline liquid and bitter almond kernels etc. The latter's results overall were better.

The animal activists' mainly target the farms that make the animals live in terrible conditions as documented in real footage in documentaries.

I personally prefer vegan milk whenever possible compared to cow's milk because I know that not all places let their calves have enough milk or time with their mothers which is not merciful. For that reason, I only accept occasional cow milk from a milker in a foreign country within an open grassland village where I can witness the cows be in a healthy state with their babies. Though even with that, I see vegan milk as a staple.

Some animals like goose are strangled to death (which I faintly recall is mentioned about in the Koran as a no-no, I'll need to check) and foxes get randomly hunted (even when they do not pose any threats). I actually have a distant garden fox/ vixen that I never touched/petted but I have been close to in proximity whilst leaving food out for her and she seems to appreciate that with her eyes. So I support a fox charity that is growing because no animal should be illogically traumatised and murdered. I'd hate to hear that my garden fox with whom I have actually created an odd connection to will be without a valid reason hunted by pretentious cowards (that will be breaking the current law anyway).

Of course, animals are more innocent than humans. So, something in me made me realise that it's okay to love all animals, it's okay to have a pig or a hen sanctuary or salmon fish as pets. It's okay as long as it is not forbidden.

In terms of health (my blood tests/ vitamins etc) every medic says it's "excellent". I don't take any vitamin supplements nor do I think they are the best option out there. I eat organically from time to time and I try to have food probiotics. I do have vegan or vegetarian meat/doner kebab, and sometimes I make my own wheat meat by washing dough and adding a lot of spices and veg stock. I have nothing to complain about, I don't miss being non-vegetarian (I used to be a meat addict) yet the irony I hated witnessing "Eid" day.

I think the open experience with food makes us verify our previous opinions.

Nutrition source:    https://nutritionfacts.org

God Bless,
TheHinaterians

quincy

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2019, 06:37:10 AM »
We have that choice as westerners, as we are living in the headquarters of capitalism and import/export. And it is a healthy choice, even if all the meat is labeled halal I've seen to much animal cruelty to trust anyone anymore. We are no bedouins living in a desert or eskimos living in a tundra, we have a choice to eat fruits and vegetables from all around the world. With that much of variety you dont even need meat.

Becoming sick is also based on your mentality, as your mental state manifests itself as deseases. But most of all the modern industrial deseases are based on the consumption madness of a semi-conscious individual.

Jane

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2019, 07:57:25 AM »
Don't go vegan. It's stupid. God aready specified fasting as detox method. If you need to detox then just fast for how ever long and then eat properly again. I was vegetarian for several years as a teenager and regret it now. Ex-vegans will tell you the same.
PEACE

Amra94

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2019, 10:37:07 AM »
Don't go vegan. It's stupid. God aready specified fasting as detox method. If you need to detox then just fast for how ever long and then eat properly again. I was vegetarian for several years as a teenager and regret it now. Ex-vegans will tell you the same.
Most choose a vegan lifestyle for ethical reasons. I was vegan for a few years but I don't think it's stupid. It's healthy to at least reduce meat and dairy consumption.

Jane

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2019, 12:08:47 PM »
Veganism is not reducing meat and dairy consumption though is it, it's banning it completely. Along with fish, seafood, insects, eggs AND honey. It's an unnecessarily restrictive diet which leads to malnourishment. Making yourself malnourished on purpose IS stupid.

There's no evidence that reducing animal product consumption improves health. For some cultures who need to eat a lot of animal fat such as the Inuit, it may even be disastrous.

Nor is there any ethical argument, as long as we keep within the limits of God we commit no error.
PEACE

Amra94

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2019, 01:24:43 PM »
Veganism is not reducing meat and dairy consumption though is it, it's banning it completely. Along with fish, seafood, insects, eggs AND honey. It's an unnecessarily restrictive diet which leads to malnourishment. Making yourself malnourished on purpose IS stupid.

There's no evidence that reducing animal product consumption improves health. For some cultures who need to eat a lot of animal fat such as the Inuit, it may even be disastrous.

Nor is there any ethical argument, as long as we keep within the limits of God we commit no error.
There's plenty of evidence that reducing animal product consumption aka a primarily plant based diet reduces your risk of chronic illnesses like heart disease and cancer which are the two leading causes of death worldwide.
The Inuit don't need a lot of animal fat bcs it's healthy, they ain't got nothin else to eat.

quincy

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2019, 02:05:17 PM »
Veganism is only an option for a civilization based on profit and greed. Especially meat and other products like soda are weaponized to harm the consumer. You think a halal sausage is halal when it increases the risks of becoming cancer? And thats only one part of the whole soul destroying apparatus called capitalism.

Jane

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2019, 01:19:17 PM »
There are no 'causes of death' that we have control over... we go when God takes our souls. It's the disbelievers who think they can control how long they live.

Provide some of this evidence that a diet devoid of animal products makes people healthier in the meantime since you believe it. Links to scientific studies and/or anecdotal evidence. I will certainly examine it God-willing.
PEACE

Amra94

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2019, 06:11:26 PM »
There are no 'causes of death' that we have some control over... we go when God takes our souls. It's the disbelievers who think they can control how long they live.
We don't have control over our death but we do have some control over developing dietary related diseases like diabetes, certain cancers and heart disease.
Provide some of this evidence that a diet devoid of animal products makes people healthier in the meantime since you believe it. Links to scientific studies and/or anecdotal evidence. I will certainly examine it God-willing.
I never said completely eliminate meat and animal products. You said "There's no evidence that reducing animal product consumption improves health." There are many studies that show high intake of meat and animal products = higher rates of chronic illnesses. Do you actually reject that?

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +13/-2
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2019, 02:59:42 AM »
peace all,

The worst foods one can have in the diet are added-sugar foods, moderate/highly processed foods, high heat cooked meats (e.g. fried, flame/char grilled).

The vast majority of the healthiest and longest living communities around the world (commonly called "the blue zones") have diets centered around whole plant foods. Sure most eat animal products but it is a small part of their diet.

The only diet proven to reverse the number one killer (heart disease) in "the West" is a low fat wholefood plant based diet. Lifestyle changes such as more exercise, less stress etc helps also. It can also reduce risk of other diseases, e.g. type2 diabetes, cancers.

The World's Largest Organization of Nutritional Professionals Says Vegan Diets are Suitable for All Ages as long as they are centered around whole plant foods, well-planned (e.g. variety) and specific supplements are taken, e.g. VitB12. It should be noted it is not only vegan diets that need to be well planned to ensure nutrition requirements are met.

www.studyQuran.org

quincy

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2019, 03:41:11 AM »
Oyster Mushrooms got Vitamin B12. Pretty expensive, but easy to grow:

https://grocycle.com/how-to-grow-oyster-mushrooms/

2:172    O you who believe, eat from the good things We have provided for you, and be thankful to God; if it is Him you serve.

Amra94

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2019, 10:11:48 AM »
Nutritional yeast is a really good source of b12. it's also fortified with other b vitamins/minerals and it tastes great on pretty much everything.

hawk99

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2019, 11:51:08 AM »
Peace all,

I basically consume what Allah has given us to consume in moderation.

[6:69] It is He who sends down rain from the sky and with it we bring
forth vegetation of all kinds, and out of it We bring forth thick clustered
grain. And out of the date palm and its spate come clusters of dates
hanging low and near, and gardens of grapes, olives and pomegranates
each similar (in kind) yet different (in variety and taste). Look at their
fruits when then begin to bear, and the ripeness thereof.     :eat:

[16:66]  And verily in the cattle there is a lesson for you. We give you
to drink of that which is in their bellies, from between excretion and
blood, pure milk, palatable to the drinkers.

[35:12]??..And not alike are the two bodies of water. One is fresh and sweet,
palatable for drinking, and one is salty and bitter. And from each you eat tender
meat and extract ornaments which you wear...??..

:peace:

The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

AK85

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2020, 04:31:22 PM »
I just started going vegan about a month ago. There is honey and dairy in some of the breakfast/meal replacement/protein bars that I eat but I'm pretty much vegan other than that.

I'm South Asian and we're at increased risk of heart diseases so I became vegan for health reasons primarily but also because I personally couldn't kill an animal and so I felt hypocritical eating meat.

Sugar, chocolate and spices are plant based so I'm fine with being vegan lol.
Listen, and understand! That Terminator is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

We here have different views from salaat, to haj, to qibla to shirk to many fiqh issues. But there is something that binds us all, is we take our deen from the Quran and we recognize its authority over anything else. - BigMo