Author Topic: Should You Go Vegan?  (Read 7835 times)

عوني

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Should You Go Vegan?
« on: January 05, 2017, 03:08:56 PM »
Watched this video and found it to make a lot of sense:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-F8whzJfJY

Do you think Vegan is a better lifestyle, why or why not?

A Submitter

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Should You Go Vegan?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 03:28:48 PM »
Saw this video today and found it to make a lot of sense:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-F8whzJfJY

Do you think Vegan is a better lifestyle, why or why not?

No, eat meat...those animal rights activists are trying to forbid what God has made permissible (that's their final goal).

I don't understand, how can these vegans live without a steak. I have been craving one for months now!!!!

Look at that steak and try saying if you want to go vegan!
https://az727346.vo.msecnd.net/content/images/hp1-steak.png

That steak won.

Salam

A Submitter

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 03:29:55 PM »
Brother, how can you even have the thought of giving up this?

http://www.tuckingawesome.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/grilled-pepper-steak.jpg

A Submitter

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 03:31:19 PM »
My mouth is so full with saliva  :rotfl: :rotfl: watching those pics

عوني

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 03:57:08 PM »
Lol that's an awful steak bro.. I'll pass. It's not the steak you should be worrying about though, it's food like Shawarma..

A Submitter

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 04:05:41 PM »
Lol that's an awful steak bro.. I'll pass. It's not the steak you should be worrying about though, it's food like Shawarma..

Shawarma is good too. Last time I had a good shawarma was in 2007 in Syria :). They put the chicken, so much chicken, mayonnaise, egg, another special dressing that I don't know, tall pickles, tomato, and the bread is fresh.

Will you give up shawarma for some activists' bla bla? Shawarma without chicken doesn't work.

Aries

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 10:44:02 PM »
Salam  :eat:

Human metabolism is omnivore, and that means we need also meat protein, mostly creatine, in order our metabolism to proceed to basic functions as muscle building and energy functions (kinase). From  meat protein our organism is able to produce basic needed enzymes and amino acids.

I am not in favor of the meat conspiration theory as the guy in the video (although I agree with many things he says there). The only reason why I restrict the consumption of meat to the minium is only that our metabolism needs very few meat protein and its intake just once a month is perfectly enough talking about white meat. Red meat could be eliminated from our diet without any negative impact in our organism.

The problem is the way meat in produced (I would say manufactured) in our days. The problem is not only the treat given to animals but also the whole production chain whose result is not meat but a bunch of toxins, cholesterol collectors and unnecessary fat disorganizing the metabolic balance and even blocking macro and micro nutrients from other foods to be properly absorbed and their leverages to be almost vanished. The food benefits of meat intake in our consumerist system are so few that not eating meat looks like a better option than eating it.

The same with fish meat. While it is one of the best options human body can intake, sea pollution makes fish meat non healthy anymore.

In any case, the world is an amazing place, and as weird as it sounds complete protein can be consumed even not eating meat, we just need to make some chemistry:   

http://www.wikihow.com/Combine-Food-to-Make-Complete-Protein

Now... Have you noticed (of course you have) the clearly higher frequency of fruits and grains over the frequency of meat in Quran? It exists even in Paradise  :yes

huruf

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 02:58:04 AM »
I do ot know whether meat is so bad... It depends on individuals and it depends on societies. Argentinians are great consumers of red meat and they are not particularly known to have bad health. Again some people can matbolise somethings and not others, be it meat or fish or seefood or vegetables.

And indeed we should worry about quality. It is much better to get meat of well treated and free animals which have been moving and running and living a good life than meat from animals which are "manufactured" without any regard to their dignity or freedom as the species they are. Hens and chicken should be able to roam about and lie under the sun or the shadow, not be piled and inflated like inanimate beings. They are lives that are worth iving and which are beneficial to us, we should have for them regard and let them enjoy their lives as hens or chicken.

I am comletely against animalists excesses, but to make lives of animals such a calvary is a real insult to God's gifts.

So it is not a question of what you eat as much as a question of how you get what you eat. It should nto be at the cost of a good life for our animal benefactors.

There are already in the shops eggs which are classified as coming from hens who enjoy open air and are not lamed nor mistreated. To be sincere I hae not appreciated that they taste better than eggs from other hens but certainly for the sake of hens which are such a service to us, we should be more than willing to pay some more for their eggs. It is a matter of regard for God's creatures and jus for the simple pleasure of envisioning them enjoying their simple animal life like we enjoy also, or would like to enjoy our equally simple animal life. And also a matter of gratitude.

Our efforts whould be to exact proper treatment of animals who are our benefactors, not to eliminate them, which would be the case if their consumption were to be eliminated, automatically they would also be eliminated. And finally they are also beautiful animals each one their own way. 

Salaam

Cerberus

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 03:02:48 AM »
In the abundance of food, yes you can go vegan. But you should go to one of those places where people barely find anything to eat...See then if the idea of not eating animal based food will ever cross your mind.

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +13/-2
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 04:31:26 AM »
peace all,

I have studied this subject quite a lot, and here is my view:

Humans are designed for a primarily plant based diet (note the obvious, that does not mean a 100% plant based diet), thus animal products can be consumed in moderation.

The healthiest diets in general (based on the evidence) are about 90%+ wholefood plant based diet, with the other % made up of quality animal products (ideally organic, free-range, pasture raised etc).

If you go vegan you will almost certainly have to supplement with Vitamin B12, increase your omega 3 (e.g. ground flax/hemp/chia/walnuts) and eat a wide variety of nutrient dense foods to ensure you get all the nutrition you need. If you do that then the evidence suggests you will be very healthy indeed.

Personally, over the years, I have tried to reduce the amount of animal products I consume, mainly for three reasons:
1) it's generally healthier
2) plant based foods use much less resources than animal products (i.e. much better for environment)
3) I don't like the way animals are treated in general, for the food industry

All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org