Author Topic: I just read something that made me pissed off and caused me to laugh at the same  (Read 1122 times)

kentuckyfriedchicken

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
Article: https://aboutcroatia.net/news/world/pokemon-go-prohibited-islam-egyptian-religious-body-says-29086

:brickwall:

This is the type of stuff that drives people away from religion. I desperately wish that the majority if not all Muslims  can just drop the hadiths once and for all and could stop giving scholars/mullahs so much power and authoirty.

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +111/-1
This is the type of stuff that drives people away from religion. I desperately wish that the majority if not all Muslims  can just drop the hadiths once and for all and could stop giving scholars/mullahs so much power and authoirty.

It's happening, naturally, it is just a matter of time..
People are getting less and less religious / sectarian..

Which worries the religious authority..
That's why the religious authority now regularly speak out the doctrine of "Ulama warsatul anbiya" (ulema as successor of prophet) on sermons, as remembrance of their 'God given Authority' to the masses... with addition of "God will be angry" if the "Ulema are being ignored"..

And actually.. it is happening on ALL dogmatic religion..

Comrox

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Lol... I don't even know what to say about this.
10:109 Follow what is being inspired to you and be patient until God judges.

57:3 He is the First and the Last, the Evident and the Innermost. And He is fully aware of all things.

imrankhawaja

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
modern tecnology like cell phones, computers, tabs, played an important role for reducing the views of secterian and tradition.. which was disturbing the societies from ages

Adam The Warner

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Article: https://aboutcroatia.net/news/world/pokemon-go-prohibited-islam-egyptian-religious-body-says-29086

Day of Judgement is around the corner?

Don't worry about them, worry about your own soul.

Instead you can go warn them, and share the wisdom and intellect that was granted to you by your Lord.
May He the Hearer grant us victory in the worldy life, and Hes abundance of Light on the Day of Judgement, and may He the King of kings grant us the eternal Paradise. Peace.

The Celt

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
Not the first time Pok?mon has fallen afoul of fundamentalist clerics either. The franchise was effectively banned in Saudi Arabia due to a fatwa- in it they claimed that it was part of a Zionist conspiracy and that "Pok?mon" was Japanese for "I'm Jewish!" Even the Wahhabi nutters at IslamQA debunked that one!

I'm loving Pok?mon Go BTW. Very engaging stuff but a bit hard on the battery.
A tolerant, rational person of faith eternally striving to be on the straight path of God/Allah/Adonai.

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +111/-1
The franchise was effectively banned in Saudi Arabia due to a fatwa- in it they claimed that it was part of a Zionist conspiracy and that "Pok?mon" was Japanese for "I'm Jewish!"
:rotfl: :rotfl: and Pikachu is Japanese for "Death to the Arabs"...

I'm loving Pok?mon Go BTW. Very engaging stuff but a bit hard on the battery.

That's a valid reason to make it haram..

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
To many people with the Muslim (label) identity, everything is a Jewish conspiracy targeting Arabs.
Website reference: http://iamthatiam.boards.net

Timotheus

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
yea sad state of the world,

i abstain from pokemon simply because its a vain waste of time. reason enough for me
What could i say that is better than what God has already informed us of?
Follow God
Seek His guidance, the only guidance
Glory and Praise be to God, rabbil Aalameen