Author Topic: Mother burns daughter to death in latest shocking 'honour killing' case  (Read 1132 times)

عوني

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Pakistani mother has been arrested on suspicion of burning her 16-year-old daughter alive for marrying without family consent in the latest so-called "honour killing" to shock the country.

Perveen Bibi, tied her daughter, Zeenat, to a bed, doused her with fuel and then set fire to her in Lahore, police said.

Family members stopped neighbours from entering the house as the girl screamed for help, said Nighat Bibi, who lives nearby.

As her daughter burned, Perveen Bibi ran into the street shouting that she had killed the teen for bringing shame on her family.

The police eventually arrived and found the charred body near a staircase.

Zeenat married a man named Hasan Khan on May 29, police said. Khan's ethnicity - he is an ethnic Pashtun, while Zeenat was a Punjabi - was the main cause of the family's disapproval, according to the woman's family.

Mr Khan, told reporters the two had been "in love since our school days" but the family had rejected several marriage proposals, forcing them to elope last month.

"After living with me for four days following our marriage, her family contacted us and promised they would throw us a proper wedding party after eight days. Then we would be able live together.

"Zeenat was unwilling to go back to her home and told me that she would be killed by her family, but later agreed when one of her uncles guaranteed her safety.

"After two days, she called me and said that her family had gone back on their word and asked me to come to get her, but I told her to wait for the promised eight days. Then, she was killed."

Sheikh Hammad, a local police official, said Perveen Bibi had confessed to killing her daughter with the help of her son Ahmar. He quoted the woman as saying "I don't have any regrets."

Another police officer, Ibadat Nisar, said the body also showed signs of beating and strangulation.

Naseem Bibi, Perveen's younger sister, told AFP: "After killing her daughter, Perveen went out on the street, took off her shawl and started beating herself on her chest, shouting: 'People! I have killed my daughter for misbehaving and giving our family a bad name.'"

"My sister declared a long time ago she would not allow her daughter to marry a Pashtun," she said.

Hundreds of women are killed every year in Pakistan - often by their own family members - for violating the country's conservative norms regarding love and marriage. Sex outside of marriage is seen by conservative Pakistanis as a stain on the honour of the woman's entire family, one that can only be removed by killing her.

Last week a schoolteacher, Maria Bibi, was set on fire for refusing to marry a man twice her age. The prime suspect in the case - the father of the man she refused to marry - and the other four are in custody.

A month earlier, police arrested 13 members of a local tribal council who allegedly strangled a girl and set her on fire for helping a friend elope. The charred body of 17-year-old Ambreen Riasat was found in a burned van.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/08/pakistani-mother-burns-daughter-to-death-in-latest-shocking-hono/

*Title has been changed due to request by a mod

Comrox

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Sick and disgusting.
10:109 Follow what is being inspired to you and be patient until God judges.

57:3 He is the First and the Last, the Evident and the Innermost. And He is fully aware of all things.

clashncruz

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
Salamu Alaykum all, and Ramadan Kareem,

Did you see that the Islamic Council in Pakistan has condemned this woman as a criminal and a heretic, and that she has committed a grave sin?

Pakistan council condemns 'honour killing,' says it's against Islam and anybody who does it is a heretic http://www.christiantoday.com/article/pakistan.council.condemns.honour.killing.says.its.against.islam.and.anybody.who.does.it.is.a.heretic/88366.htm

Pakistani clerics issue fatwa against 'honour' killings https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/14/pakistani-clerics-issue-fatwa-against-honour-killings

It should be well understood these are local cultural practices that do not represent Islam in any fashion whatsoever. This woman is clear a criminal.

Salaam.

عوني

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
I'd just like to add that those can be empty condeming, you never know. This is worth taking into consideration. When the Charlie Hebdo attack took place for example nations like Saudi-Arabia condemned the attack and hell even groups like the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas condemned the attack as well (just to make themselves look better) and we all know that those entities are the same garbage as the attackers of Charlie Hebdo.

http://www.globalmbwatch.com/2015/01/08/european-muslim-brotherhood-condemns-attack-charlie-hebdo-clean-hands/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-2904535/Hamas-condemns-Charlie-Hebdo-attack.html
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-france-shooting-saudi-idUSKBN0KG1OM20150107 - Saudi Arabia condemns deadly attack on Paris satirical magazine

It should be well understood these are local cultural practices that do not represent Islam in any fashion whatsoever. This woman is clear a criminal.

Well that has been my point. This country has nothing to do with Islam. It is run by its own culture. Plenty of clerics in Pakistan use Islam to their own advantage everyday to try and justify their own traditions and practises. Sadly Islam and Arab culture (which South Asia has nothing to do with) gets the blame for it. This woman is definently a huge criminal and honor killing has no place in Islam. It's 'odd' that people like Aidid Safar do not want to write a 'conspiracy against Islam' adressing things like this.

عوني

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Another recent honor killing of were Pakistani parents slit the throat of their pregnant daughter who married for love.. Most Pakistani 'human rights activists' living in Europe will never mention this, they are too busy bashing Assad in Syria. I just checked Maajid Nawaz Twitter, he literally has no tweet regarding this letalone other honor killing in Pakistan. He is too busy bashing the 'Regressive Left' (I'm not even kidding check his tweets, https://twitter.com/maajidnawaz)

If you read in the comment section of the article you can see that many people are blaming this on Islam rather than on culture. Why should Islam be given the blame for something that it has absolutely nothing to do with?

https://www.rt.com/news/347150-pregnant-woman-honor-killing/

"A pregnant woman who chose to marry for love rather than take part in an arranged marriage has had her throat cut by relatives in Pakistan. The murder is the latest in a string of so-called ?honor killings.?

Muqaddas Bibi, 22, became estranged from her family three years ago, when she married her husband, Taufiq Ahmed. That marriage was viewed as shameful by Bibi's family because it wasn't an arranged marriage, police investigator Mohammad Arshad told AFP.

However, it appeared the family feud had ended on Thursday, when Bibi's mother and brother reportedly approached her at a clinic where she was having a check-up. They asked her to come home, saying they accepted her decision to marry for love.

The woman, who was seven months pregnant with her second child, accepted the invitation to the house in Buttaranwali, a village some 75 kilometers (46 miles) north of Punjab, Lahore.

However, when she arrived at her parents' house, her father, mother, and brother cut her throat with a knife and she died on the spot, local police station chief Gohar Abbas said.

The family fled their house after the murder, Abbas said, adding that police are searching for them and have already detained another relative for inciting the killing.

Hundreds of women are murdered by their relatives in Muslim Pakistan each year, in an attempt to defend what is seen as ?family honor.?

Just last week, a 16-year-old girl was killed by her mother for marrying a man for love. Soon after, a couple in Lahore were killed after marrying without their family's consent.

It comes just four months after a documentary on Pakistani honor killings titled ?A Girl in the River: The Price of Forgiveness? won an Oscar for best documentary short. During publicity for the film, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif vowed to eradicate the ?evil? murders, though no legislation has yet been drafted."

Maha

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Hang the mother!
''No one has ever made himself great by showing how small someone else is''

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +6/-2
Peace.
Forgive the mother and  let society help her heal her mental illness,if she repents and acknowledges her terrible act of murder and oppression.
GOD bless.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/