Author Topic: How to spread the message of Al-Quran  (Read 3025 times)

Taro Hiroshi

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
How to spread the message of Al-Quran
« on: June 10, 2016, 02:26:53 AM »
Peace everyone,

I believe it's of utmost importance to spread the message of Al-Quran. And I think there are many simple, practical, inexpensive (cost-effective) and time-efficient ways to spread the message of Al-Quran. The importance of spreading the message of Al-Quran must not be underestimated, in my opinion. Because it seems that the message of Al-Quran can literally transform the lives of others and change the course of history. In a past post on this forum, I have written about why I think it's important to spread the message of Al-Quran (you can read it here).

In this post, I'd like to share some of my thoughts and views about how to spread the message of Al-Quran. It seems that most muslims on this forum, had to know some Quranic information and historical information about Hadith, before they could embrace "islam based on Al-Quran" aka monotheism. And if that's the case, then sharing Quranic information and historical information about Hadith to muslims, seem to be of utmost importance. But unfortunately, it seems that this approach won't convince the majority of muslims to alter/change their beliefs. For example, before I found "islam based on Al-Quran", I read a book that was written by a highly rational muslim thinker/author. In his book, he argued that islam is a rational and just religion. And in his book, he argued that islam is compatible with human rights, women rights and even science. His book had a lot of thought-provoking information about islam/quran. But his book had no thought-provoking information about Hadith. His book prepared me for learning about "islam based on Al-Quran." If I hadn't read his book, I would probably ignore/reject all the controversial facts that I discovered about Hadith some years later. It seems that controversial facts about Hadith won't convince the majority of muslims to alter/change their beliefs. It seems that controversial facts about Hadith will only convince a minority of muslims to alter/change their beliefs. Therefore, it seems that if one wants to appeal to the majority of muslims, then one must use a different approach.

I think in order to appeal to as many muslims as possible, one must use a twofold approach.

1) Share thought-provoking information about Hadith with others. For example, write an article/essay where you share thought-provoking information about Hadith. It seems that thought-provoking information about Hadith will appeal to a minority of muslims. Therefore, this approach seems to be a great approach to use if one wants to appeal to a minority of muslims.

2) Share thought-provoking information about islam/quran with others. But don't share any thought-provoking information about Hadith with others. For example, write an article/essay where you share thought-provoking information about islam/quran. But don't share any thought-provoking information about Hadith in your article/essay. It seems that thought-provoking information about islam/quran (minus Hadith) will appeal to the majority of muslims. Therefore, this approach seems to be a great approach to use if one wants to appeal to the majority of muslims.

I think if one uses a twofold approach, one will be able to appeal to as many muslims as possible. Therefore, I think it's prudent to use a twofold approach when it comes to spreading the message of Al-Quran.

As you all know, one way to spread the message of Al-Quran is by writing posts and participating in discussions on this forum. But I don't think this is the best way or the only way to spread the message of Al-Quran. In my view, there are many ways to spread the message of Al-quran outside of this forum. Therefore, I strongly recommend spreading the message of Al-Quran outside of this forum as well. But how can we spread the message of Al-Quran outside of this forum? Well, I believe there are many ways to spread the message of Al-Quran outside of this forum. As a matter of fact, there are more than 20 ways to spread the message of Al-Quran outside of this forum. Anyway, I'd like to share some information about different ways to spread the message of Al-Quran outside of this forum.

- Write articles, essays, short stories, poems and books about islam/quran and share them on a blog/website.
- Write comics about islam/quran.
- Write reviews of books about islam/quran.
- Write summaries of books about islam/quran.
- Translate articles about islam/quran from one language to another (you can read about this approach here).
- Participate in discussions/debates about islam/quran on chat rooms, forums, facebook and other places. 
- Make flyers with information about islam/quran and pass them out to people (you can read about this approach here).
- Make pamphlets with short texts about islam/quran and pass them out to people.
- Make leaflets with links to websites with "Quran study tools" and stick them up in Mosques and other places (click here).
- Make small posters about islam/quran and hang them on the walls at schools, universities/colleges, libraries and other places.
- Buy copies of books about islam/quran and give them to others (you can read about this approach here).
- Buy copies of translations of the Quran and give them to others.
- Scan books about islam/quran and get permission from the authors of those books to share them online.
- Have conversations about islam/quran with your family, friends, acquaintances and strangers.
- Send emails with information about islam/quran to muslims and people of other faiths.
- Give speeches at conferences, universities/colleges, prisons, libraries and other places. 
- Organize workshops about islam/quran at schools and other community centers.
- Interview muslim thinkers/authors about islam/quran.
- Create forums about islam/quran.
- Create infographics about islam/quran.
- Create videos about islam/quran.
- Create podcasts about islam/quran.

Taro Hiroshi

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: How to spread the message of Al-Quran
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 03:50:42 AM »
Folks,

I'd like to ask you a question.

Do you have any tips regarding how to spread the message of Al-Quran?

I believe all of us can learn from each others thoughts, views and experiences. So I'd be interested to hear your thoughts, views and experiences regarding how to spread the message of Al-Quran. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. 

reel

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-1
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 04:34:07 AM »
I have been also thinking about it. If I remember correctly some members here have said that this forum is banned in some middle eastern countries. It is possible that sites focused on Quran only are treated in that same way. Outside I usually fail in casual talks about the message simply because  the sectarians (relatives not included) are clueless about both hadiths and Quran. They have nothing to defend. They have nothing to support. They have no interest. They hear me like zombies.

I like the list above.I think written words, memes and comics are quite powerful in spreading the message as long as the sectarians are not ridiculed. But location is also important. Online I would go with answer sites and social media.
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

huruf

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +1/-1
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 05:27:06 AM »
My impression is that that taking up the questionn just like that seems little interesting or far fetched or people jut re not receptive to that. I think that the best way to tackle it is with issues. Tape up issues, particular issues and then apply the Qur'an and in that way you always get those people you target where you want them, having to really decide whether they follow the Qur'an or they follow whatever. Not everybody is goig to follow the qur'an and they will seek advice of staunch and wouldbe knowledgeable in islam people. But then it is up to them. There is nothing you can do.

So it is, a far as I can see a matter of issues. If you come to an issue where following the Qur'an really matter to them, they may ake their time and interest and follow up, my be not then, but may be years later... who knows.

Salaam

Neptin

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-1
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 07:59:22 AM »
Salaam guys!

I think most of what Taro have explained are not new. They are issues and suggestions that have already been treated here spanning numerous threads. Unfortunately, we never progress to walk the walk clearly because we are few, far apart and isolated. We need to associate and connect to work like a group with common interest. That been said, I must stress these:

1. I think we should consider YouTube as a medium for sharing the message. Most folk these days hate to read and are easily turned off by blogs, articles or books. A short YouTube clip with a blend of flashy visual and sound narration will go a long way in spreading the message than books, blogs or social media. Edip Yuksel does have a channel but most of his videos are Turkish and majority of the English ones do not touch essential aspects that the raises questions on the mainstream interpretation of Islamic tenets.

2. We should seek and help those who passionately seek the message and not waste time on traditionalists who are defensive and won't even reconsider anything they have been taught as Islam. I mean, there are few traditional Muslims out there who are at the cross road, on the verge of renouncing their faith. They deserve and should at least receive the message before making their decision. I am not talking of just any one, am talking of persons like this teen:

I don't want to be a Muslim anymore; please can anybody help?

I saw one other question that is basically the same, but a lot of the advice given wasn't helpful because there are a lot of things that are different in my case. I am in my teens so obviously I can't just move out which is what some of the advice was in the other person's question, and it is basically impossible when I am older too. This is because my parents said that I can't move out until I get married, and in Islam you can only marry Muslim men. I am also going to lost a lot of things about why I want to leave the religion.

1) There is a lot of sexist rules in the religion. Firstly I think (but this might not be true) that in Islam men are allowed to marry non-Muslim women but we aren't allowed to marry non-Muslim men. Secondly, they don't have to cover up their whole body. This morning I went into the garden and my mother told me I wasn't allowed outside without a headscarf and being completely covered. In the end I just went back inside because I felt like a frickin volcano, which is what happens every time I go outside. I can't even wear stuff like skinny jeans or leggings because they (show figure.) Lastly, there is this completely sexist and pointless rule about only men being allowed at the burial when somebody dies. Like seriously? How do you explain that one?

2) Secondly, there are many pointless restrictions like not being able to dance, sing or act in public. This is so frustrating seeing as I have wanted to be an actress since I was little. I just don't see the point in it. For people who want to know where I live, I live in just outside of London. Anyway, there are other stupid rules like not being able to go to other people's houses for sleepovers because it is a non-Muslim's house. And all of the Mjslims I've met so far have spoken very rudely about non-Muslims. Today I complained to my mother because she told me I had to ask before watching ANY video online, and she said loads of people we know aren't even allowed on the internet. I said that none of my friends are banned like this and she said, well they're not Muslim. Like seriously?

https://www.quora.com/I-dont-want-to-be-a-Muslim-anymore-please-can-anybody-help
Reclaiming Islam from extremism;
Flames Of Truth

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +14/-2
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 08:53:31 AM »
I have been also thinking about it. If I remember correctly some members here have said that this forum is banned in some middle eastern countries.

The bans can usually be circumvented by using free proxies, e.g.
https://hide.me/en/proxy

As has already been mentioned, here is some really simple things to do:
http://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9602369.msg388589#msg388589
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

The Guided One

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 07:00:19 AM »
First we need to understand the Quran and to be sure about some things like ramadan for example. How can we spread something that we as Muslims discuss about? We have to gain more knowledge about Quran and than we can spread the truth.First step is rejectinh hadith books and believing that Quuran is the only guidance, after that we need to understand it better and to discuss things we do not understand. Everything should be easy to understand and easy to explain, than we can begin with spreading the holy Quran
The Words and Signs and Mercies of Allah are in all Creation, and can never be fully set out in human language, however extended our means may be imagined to be.

parvez mushtaq

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 11:36:47 AM »
I think Quranist need to do lot of home work before announcing their faith .i honestly believe that no Quranist can ever win the public debate .Here ,either they don't answer or they divert from the topic .It is possible only here .in public debates ,they don't have these choices .they can be cornered very easily

Taro Hiroshi

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 03:11:04 PM »
Peace everyone,

Thanks for your replies.

imrankhawaja

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 08:06:56 PM »
problem with public debate is so crucial,,

quranist by them is a sector who reject hadith, rejecting hadith mean,, rejecting messenger and rejecting messenger mean rejecting Allah, rejecting Allah mean they have a lisence to kill that person. in their first chance whoever get lucky to hunt down the apostate..?

but what i need to tell them , is rejecting hadith mean rejecting history, and history have nothing to do with prophet or God,

rejecting hadith mean rejectinf a persion scholar bukhari.

reason of rejecting him becoz lot of his statement are not in the line with quran and these statement are presenting a negetive view of prophet..

but problem in our society its very difficult to make them understand becoz 98% of them nither read quran nor hadith they dnt know the motif of quranist. they are brain washed about quranist that they are kafirs.. what else you will gona do ..?

now tell me is it wise to hug a possible death by telling them or debate with them openly... its like a suicide..

first everybody who want to debate they need to do their home work and understand what is the imporatance of quran infront of God and his messenger.

then provide a protection ,, but problem with us the very perosnal body gaurd kill the owner who speak against them or law.. a person who was responsible for protecting salman taseer killed him five years ago... lol and moreover he was big goverment offical,

we are not afraid of death .. to talk with them open debate but we know after that our lifes will b on risk.. thats what the problem with quranists..

its best to talk on forum and as far i see ,  there are always more than ten people agaisnt me including reletives and alhamdulliah ,, i never tatse the defeat on any matter they arrise.. and i find all of them quiet and when somebody really get pissed they start getting emotional and i can feel their deafeat from inside out.. which is a sign that they accept they have no logical answer...its a safe way to talk on forum and social media..

a Gift of God for the people who want to live in peace and also want to spread message of quran without fearing of gettiing killed..

if i debate them in forums i m sure if somebody come open air with me i have faith on my lord that if God wills no body can even harm a single hair of my head...but God is also suggesting me to debate them in possible and safe manner..and self defence first... and wasting my time on baseless debate and putting my life on risk is not a good choice,, and i have lot of things to do before i meet my lord .. the things which will help the society .. so the forums and social media is best advise to spread message..

there is no need of going open air try to make pages from unknown identies and spreads the message from the very best understandings you have...

peace