About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

WOMEN HEAD GARMENT

Started by wrkmmn, April 16, 2016, 01:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amra94

Quote from: hawk99 on November 05, 2017, 10:54:37 AM
Peace Amra94

I agree but not to the extent that overall attraction has anything to do with hair.
There are much more personal attributes that are far more important than hair!
peace. I know that but if you're getting attention from random men because of hair why not hide it

Quote from: hawk99 on November 05, 2017, 10:54:37 AM

This reminds me of the debate about abortion believe it or not, where the men
debate what is best for women.   As far as female attraction goes why not just ask
us guys what is attractive about women and vice versa. 
:yes

:peace:

I did ask my future husband what he thinks and he agree w/ me..

Comrox

Quote from: Amra94 on November 05, 2017, 01:51:57 PM
peace. I know that but if you're getting attention from random men because of hair why not hide it

But how are you supposed to know it's because of your hair?
10:109 Follow what is being inspired to you and be patient until God judges.

57:3 He is the First and the Last, the Evident and the Innermost. And He is fully aware of all things.

SilentSacrifice

Quote from: reel on November 05, 2017, 12:40:23 PM
The rape problem of college fraternities is centuries old and they have been always recorded. There is hardly anyone who doesn't know about this here.  If even after that a woman goes to their house party then we can simply blame her. Come on, you won't walk in the forest at night without shoes! Frats are so notorious for drugging women for rape that some company even released a nail polish to help women detect if the drink they have has drug. To make things worse, reporting never always helps because these rapists' dads are politicians, CEO'S and other rich people capable of buying presidents of the universities and cops. That said, there are dumb men also who with the hope to climb the corporate ladder try to join these frats only to be killed at the time of hazing.

Yeah I don't know much about "fraternity parties". I'm assuming it's a US thing.

QuoteIt is not just hair. People get sexually attracted to each other even through chats without exchanging photos.

Beauty is in the eye of beholder. Different people prefer different kinds of attractions just like love. No two persons may have one single opinion about how they fall in love.

That wasn't even the point.

QuoteThe problem is not preference but the fact that the sectarians wear it by saying God told them to do so. We all know that's a lie. Unfortunately, plenty of us have suffered in various ways because of their choice. For instance, hijabis have been caught cheating. It is very easy to hide cheat sheets in that piece of cloth. They always also seem to think sexual and that's very very distracting and annoying. It starts quite early. Like I remember one friend in 7th grade used to limit our fun time in school playground because she thought a 50 year old teacher we had liked her and she was too shy to be near him. The latest problem is "I don't wanna walk over there. I don't wanna park over there. What if I am attacked for my hijab?" Needless to say that they have become a threat to all those who surround them. The odor is the number one problem though. I haven't met one who hasn't burned my nose. It is also wrong to profile men.

What do you mean odor?
But it's true, there are "hijabis" who are targetted because of their headscarf.
"Threat"? I think you're exaggerting here. There are headscarf wearers who sin and do bad things but so do many other women.
If it's ridiculous for "hijabis" to be against other Muslim women just for not wearing a scarf then it's also wrong for Muslim women who don't wear a scarf to be against those women just because they do. It's also quite ridiculous how some "Quranists" seem to be so against women who wear headscarf and/or niqab yet seem to think it's fine and dandy to wear bikinis.

QuoteOh there is more. Because of that same reason:

Widows are not allowed to eat much of what any normal person can eat. They are to have no meat, fish, dessert and many more to mention.
They are limited to one room or space.
They are declared as bad luck and untouchable.

But I guess to fully end the attraction dillemma sati would be better choice.

Now you seem to be confusing Hinduism with "traditional Islam".
Yes, there are even places in Muslim countries where widows and divorcees are treated extremely badly. But the "untouchable", "sati" stuff you seem to be getting from Hinduism. Though I wouldn't be surprised if some jahil village-y Muslims do/believe in that stuff.

QuoteI have always maintained that. One can wear hijab for climate condition. But it is wrong to attribute it to God.

This is interesting.
Both Hijabis and skimpy clothe women do not want themselves to be seen as something sexual. In other words, "sex" is the problem. I guess it is best to just take some hormon to become asexual?

Or maybe many men are the problem?
But it's true, people in general are becoming too sexualized.
?Every leaf of the tree becomes a page of the book, once the heart is opened and it has learnt to read.? - Saadi of Shiraz.

Amra94

Quote from: huruf on November 05, 2017, 03:04:25 AM
Complimenting anybody is something sexual? My God! Obsession can go far iondeed.
I didn't even say that??
Quote from: huruf on November 05, 2017, 03:04:25 AM

Complimenting anybody is just a kind gesture unless the compliment is silly or demeaning or idiot in itself, which then would not really be a compliment. People compliment each other continually without any backthought just because it makes for a more pleasant and joyous living. IN fact, can't remember the aya, but kind words are a good deed in itself. And compliments finally are kind words, may be of the lesser value, but still kind.

And when the "compliments" are something else, then it is clear and obviously out of place, and the complimenter should be put in his or her place.

Salaam
I appreciate compliments from family and other women  :)

hawk99

Quote from: Amra94 on November 05, 2017, 01:51:57 PM
I did ask my future husband what he thinks and he agree w/ me..

:rotfl: Your future husband is a smart man to agree with his future wife,  :)

but since nothing is at risk for other men, continue your research with other men.

:peace:
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

Amra94

Quote from: reel on November 05, 2017, 12:40:23 PM
The odor is the number one problem though. I haven't met one who hasn't burned my nose.

Heard a non Muslim lady say this about Muslim women and that they should dress to fit in.

reel

Quote from: huruf on November 05, 2017, 01:03:57 PM
I am shocked and dumbfounded also that something that is so known as you say and happens over such a long time, goes on, everybody knows and nothing is done.

I noticed even the average men find these organizations attractive. I tried debating about it here and there with some. There is no way you can make them look at the rape problem followed by the loss of individualism. The supporters are mesmerized by the frats' affordable housing with cooks, library full of test papers and notes of the past "brothers", promise of great job positions which "unfortunately" is fulfilled even before they graduate, lifelong discounts for several products and services, lifelong friendship with sons of powerful fathers, etc. 

Obama did want to eliminate the system, but couldn't. It was supposed to be his last work. Congress has 65% of frat members and so I bet it was not an easy job for him.

QuoteThose people seem fit for the execution wall. What a cancer!

Salaam

They have the sickest mentality, but outside they behave like they are so nice.

This is in 1992
The Dirty Secret in Fraternity Drinking Songs--Sexual Harassment

Now more open than before:

Here Are Disturbing Examples Of A ?Pro-Rape? Attitude At A Georgia Tech Frat

Quote from: SilentSacrifice on November 05, 2017, 02:08:38 PM
Yeah I don't know much about "fraternity parties". I'm assuming it's a US thing.

Yep, but they are trying to now promote it in Canada and Australia.

QuoteThat wasn't even the point.

Elaborate.

QuoteWhat do you mean odor?
They are not always washed. But the odor thing is not just my own complaint.

QuoteBut it's true, there are "hijabis" who are targetted because of their headscarf.
"Threat"? I think you're exaggerting here. There are headscarf wearers who sin and do bad things but so do many other women.

I am not talking about sins here. Sorry for not giving details. These days hanging out with them means telling the uneducated men that we are sectarians also and thus, worthy of attack.

If it's ridiculous for "hijabis" to be against other Muslim women just for not wearing a scarf then it's also wrong for Muslim women who don't wear a scarf to be against those women just because they do. It's also quite ridiculous how some "Quranists" seem to be so against women who wear headscarf and/or niqab yet seem to think it's fine and dandy to wear bikinis.

It is not a woman v woman, but lie in the name of Islam v truth God told us to abide by. As I have always maintained, non islamic reasons to wear hijab is what I support.

Now you seem to be confusing Hinduism with "traditional Islam".
Yes, there are even places in Muslim countries where widows and divorcees are treated extremely badly. But the "untouchable", "sati" stuff you seem to be getting from Hinduism. Though I wouldn't be surprised if some jahil village-y Muslims do/believe in that stuff.

No, we weren't talking about that. The member used hindu widows' condition as an example that women should prevent themselves from being attractive. Unfortunately, that is a support for oppression.

QuoteOr maybe many men are the problem?

Then there would have been many rapes.

"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

SilentSacrifice

QuoteElaborate.

If I remember correctly, what I meant was that it's up to men to control their actions and not blame women for their own problems..

QuoteThey are not always washed. But the odor thing is not just my own complaint.

What does that have to do with headscarf?
It sounds like you haven't been around many headscarf wearing women or don't know many.

QuoteI am not talking about sins here. Sorry for not giving details. These days hanging out with them means telling the uneducated men that we are sectarians also and thus, worthy of attack.

You think so? Sometimes just being a Muslim is enough for some people to attack us.

QuoteIt is not a woman v woman, but lie in the name of Islam v truth God told us to abide by. As I have always maintained, non islamic reasons to wear hijab is what I support.

You can support what you want but just wearing a headscarf is no reason to be against them or disrespect them either and I'm saying this even though I sometimes feel left out and not supported by the Muslim women community just because I don't wear one.  It's sad, I think we should support each other despite our clothing. I'm not saying support their reasons if you don't want to but just them as part of the community, I suppose.

No, we weren't talking about that. The member used hindu widows' condition as an example that women should prevent themselves from being attractive. Unfortunately, that is a support for oppression.

Oh right. That's not really a good example to use.

QuoteThen there would have been many rapes.

Aren't there?
?Every leaf of the tree becomes a page of the book, once the heart is opened and it has learnt to read.? - Saadi of Shiraz.

huruf

Again, why any talk about women or particularly muslim women must revolve around appearance?

No quesrion that women in the first place should not participate ever in conditioning their attitutde to other women on appearance. Appearance is just that, not the real being. So why come back again, and again and again, on it? If some or many men do it because it contributes to their ego or interests, let us not join them and cause harm and inconvenience to other women. They have their right to self development as they see fit, on their own terms and for their own purposes, not to fulfill anybody's fantasias or self-seeking demands. 

Salaam

reel

Quote from: SilentSacrifice on November 12, 2017, 07:41:53 AM
If I remember correctly, what I meant was that it's up to men to control their actions and not blame women for their own problems..

Agree with that.

QuoteWhat does that have to do with headscarf?
It sounds like you haven't been around many headscarf wearing women or don't know many.

Really? Sorry about the misconception. I lived in middle east for awhile and in my state, hijabis aren't uncommon.

QuoteYou think so? Sometimes just being a Muslim is enough for some people to attack us.

We don't wear the badge. People who attack usually are strangers here.

QuoteYou can support what you want but just wearing a headscarf is no reason to be against them or disrespect them

I have yet to find someone other than cancer patients who don't make religion as an excuse to wear hijab.

Quoteeither and I'm saying this even though I sometimes feel left out and not supported by the Muslim women community just because I don't wear one.
Sorry to hear about that. That behavior towards you is familiar to me.

QuoteIt's sad, I think we should support each other despite our clothing. I'm not saying support their reasons if you don't want to but just them as part of the community, I suppose.

Obviously, we aren't running any campaign against hijab. But I wouldn't support their claim that it is for religion and to prevent "fitna" pf attraction. I must also add that somehow the idea that men can't control themselves takes away the need for them to be accountable.

QuoteOh right. That's not really a good example to use.

I am glad you understood.

QuoteAren't there?

Not for what they wear, but who they hang out with.

"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj