News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

What is up with that title

Started by As-Salaatayn, February 01, 2016, 08:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

As-Salaatayn

This board is restricted to 'ladies only' for related discussions. Brothers are welcome to view - but not participate.

Is this really appropriate for women desiring "equality"?

Salam

parvez mushtaq

Quote from: As-Salaatayn on February 01, 2016, 08:15:45 PM
This board is restricted to 'ladies only' for related discussions. Brothers are welcome to view - but not participate.

Is this really appropriate for women desiring "equality"?

Salam
oops ,i am sorry .i am not supposed to participate in this discussions   :confused:
[url="https://parvezmushtaq.wordpress.com"]https://parvezmushtaq.wordpress.com[/url]

Timotheus

It does seem to be discrimination. Regardless of what any group of people want we should follow the Quran which, in my understanding, leaves no room for gender discrimination even if there is perhaps a good intention. I see no problem with having a woman's or men's focused thread/board but I don't think we should be prohibiting anyone from being active in a discussion regardless of any matter unless they are obviously being abusive or inappropriate etc
What could i say that is better than what God has already informed us of?
Follow God
Seek His guidance, the only guidance
Glory and Praise be to God, rabbil Aalameen

progressive1993

Feminism is not about equality. It is also not natural because men and women are not equal (although they are equal in worth and dignity). "The male is not like the female" (3:36). And after all, we have this section with it's restriction because we are on Feminist-Minds... err I mean Free-Minds.

I suggest there be a men's section too, or we get rid of this section and move the threads to general/marriage or wherever they belong.

At the end of the day, the Quran is still addressed to men anyhow. Is there any wonder that so-called "Quran Alone Muslim" women (and feminist men without a backbone) want to outlaw or protest polygyny, differences in sexual law punishments for men and women, wife spanking (as a last resort) and other things?
10:41 If they deny you, say: "My works are for me, and your works are for you. You are innocent of what I do, and I am innocent of what you do."

diamantinehoneybunch

Quote from: progressive1993 on January 26, 2018, 08:58:50 AM
Feminism is not about equality. It is also not natural because men and women are not equal (although they are equal in worth and dignity). "The male is not like the female" (3:36). And after all, we have this section with it's restriction because we are on Feminist-Minds... err I mean Free-Minds.

I suggest there be a men's section too, or we get rid of this section and move the threads to general/marriage or wherever they belong.

At the end of the day, the Quran is still addressed to men anyhow. Is there any wonder that so-called "Quran Alone Muslim" women (and feminist men without a backbone) want to outlaw or protest polygyny, differences in sexual law punishments for men and women, wife spanking (as a last resort) and other things?

I am sorry for replying a months-old post. Just want to tell you that equality =/= similarity. People who fight for gender equality are not seeking or attempting to make or make people see that women and men are the same, but women and men should have social and economic equality.

Anyway what is wrong.... with.... you...?
This profile is dead. It was assasinated by its owner :D

I am no longer of an adherent or believer of any religion. So some of my views that have been expressed here may no longer represent or reflect my current views.

es

Peace,

Quote from: diamantinehoneybunch on July 07, 2018, 12:00:09 PM
I am sorry for replying a months-old post. Just want to tell you that equality =/= similarity. People who fight for gender equality are not seeking or attempting to make or make people see that women and men are the same, but women and men should have social and economic equality.

Anyway what is wrong.... with.... you...?

I was thinking about you earlier today and hoping that you're in a good place, and still questioning with that great mind of yours. And here you are.

All the best.

Take care.

Sajda.