Author Topic: quran translation  (Read 1002 times)

TellMeTheTruth

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: quran translation
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2020, 03:39:36 AM »
Salam brother tutti frutti!

There is no such literal translation in existence. You will have to find truth yourself as Allah has gifted you everything required to gain knowledge. I have worked on a very few ayats and found out that the truth is different than those translations and tafasir/interpretations scattered all around us.

خلق means "to give a physical constitution (or quality)". See 35:1 also where addition in wings of malaikah is called یزید فی الخلق. This meaning fits all occurrences. For example 4:119 and 30:30.

Peace!

tutti_frutti

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2020, 10:49:25 AM »
salam tellmethetruth

thank you for your reply

yes i believe the same rhat ther eis no true translation and those around us have interpetations from their translators that miss the point (as per my little understanding)

regarding “khalka” maybe you are right but i still believe it means “creation”
the word in arabic means “created” and i think there is no need to give its meaning intepretation

thank you

peace

Anoushirvan

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2020, 01:09:48 PM »

i understand the word “khalka” to be “creation”
The God increased the people of hud pbuh in creation in respect to noah’s people

edip yuksel (i read his translation although sadly he removed the two verses of surah 9) and ali qari qurai got it right and the translation of the word “khalka” changes the whole meaning of the verse

by keeping the word creation (as it is the true translation i believe) i understand that noah pbuh and his people where different in creation than subsequent humans which makes me understand they were what scientists call neanderthals

Peace,

this kind of Qur'an interpretation is called "concordism", where one tries to match / concord Qur'an interpretation with newly discovered scientific facts during the 20th CE.

I would advise against doing that because science is not tied to any Qur'an interpretation agenda, and whatever discovery was made in the past can be challenged by new ones in the future.
Especially in the case of Neanderthal vs. Homo Sapiens: see e.g.  https://science.sciencemag.org/content/357/6346/14.long or https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/09/how-neanderthals-lost-their-y-chromosome?utm_campaign=news_daily_2020-09-24&et_rid=419349887&et_cid=3496611

People at the time of the Qur'an messenger in the 7th CE didn't know anything about Denisovian, Neanderthal, Sapiens, and so on, and even today, paleontologists are not even sure who is the ancestor of whom, and it even seems none actually was the ancestor of the others.
Yet, Qur'an claims it brings "clear" signs for mankind.

Maybe we should wait for a couple of centuries more, in order Qur'an to be definitely "clear" once scientists will have made a definite established and stable theory, no ?

TellMeTheTruth

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2020, 11:37:32 PM »
salam tellmethetruth

thank you for your reply

yes i believe the same rhat ther eis no true translation and those around us have interpetations from their translators that miss the point (as per my little understanding)

regarding “khalka” maybe you are right but i still believe it means “creation”
the word in arabic means “created” and i think there is no need to give its meaning intepretation

thank you

peace
Salam brother!
You are welcome! It is not interpreting. It is finding the exact literal meaning which could fit all occurrences. Not an easy job. You can check and cinfirm this meaning from dictionaries or prlonline.
Belief is something which stops the mind to procced further! For example believing in الغیب which is usually translated as unseen, means that you believe in all unseen things, events, persons, or places. Do you? If you take it as an opposite of  حاضر then it would mean 'absent' while Allah is not absent. Then what is its true/literal meaning?

im looking for a translation where there is no “interpretation” but rather a literal approach to the meaning of the verses exactly as they are

Hope you succeed in your journey.
Peace!