Author Topic: Why Muslims do not like prophet Lut?  (Read 2874 times)

The Sardar

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-0
Re: Why Muslims do not like prophet Lut?
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2016, 12:32:34 AM »
But peace be upon you brother Imran. Prophet Lot (PBUH) is no doubt great man.

The Sardar

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-0
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2016, 12:33:16 AM »

i love you lot  :peace:
Alright you making me go puppy.  :rotfl:

hanslan

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 12:33:31 AM »
Prophet Lut amongst Muslims seems to have been used but not followed.

I feel sorry and, yes, I also feel hurt, because Lut is only mentionned to fight the battle of the homo-hetero construct, but never for anything else.

Nobody sees his plight, his courage, his fighting to the last while conscious that he had a people to protect and trying to the last to fence off a mob of mobsters, deluded with their number and on being those with the upper hand in society.

What a fate, to be prophet and feel that your task is hopeless and ever uphill.

Is Lut never to stop being used instead of being followed?

I put some words about him in another thread but everybody carried on with the battle of the day but did not feel like stopping for a second for a thought on this man besieged and fighting.

May God make us humble followers of the good man prophet Lut.

I never had the notion of Muslims not liking prophet Lut or being used (this part I totally lost you - being used as what?)

To me he was a prophet just like any other prophet, sent down to warn and educate the society he lived in.  Not to sure what happened after he left the civilization that got destroyed though - most likely he was given another group of ppl to look after.

And the issue on gays is probably one of the biggest taboo ever followed by the Islamic world, and that was the lesson learnt from Lot's flock.

Adem

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2016, 12:40:31 PM »
To me he was a prophet just like any other prophet, sent down to warn and educate the society he lived in.

:hail :hail :hail  :laugh:
?For it is not the sights that turn blind, but blinded are the hearts that lie within the minds.? ? Qurān 22:46