Author Topic: Qibla change verses missing in early Quranic manuscripts says Dan Gibson  (Read 1613 times)

Scribbler

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
Salam everyone,

I found a link where Dan Gibson says, "I then examined hundreds of old Qur'anic manuscripts to search for these verses, and they are missing in all of the Qur'ans written during the first 100 years of Islam. This clearly indicates to me that the Qur'an was re-compiled by the Abbasids." He is talking about the verses regarding the qibla change in the Quran.

My concern is with his claim about the missing verses, how in the world can he say that? What hundreds of manuscripts of Quran is he talking about where he couldn't find the qibla change verses?

Reference: http://searchformecca.com/forum/index.php?/topic/15-qiblas/
Turn to Allah before you turn to ashes.

reel

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-1
Re: Qibla change verses missing in early Quranic manuscripts says Dan Gibson
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 02:50:14 AM »
My concern is with his claim about the missing verses, how in the world can he say that? What hundreds of manuscripts of Quran is he talking about where he couldn't find the qibla change verses?
Salam bro,
As long as we have the thing below we shouldn't worry about these random people's claim about addition and subtraction of Quranic verses
http://rua.ua.es/dspace/bitstream/10045/5997/1/RAEI_10_08.pdf

"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

hawk99

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 03:57:32 AM »
Salam everyone,

I found a link where Dan Gibson says, "I then examined hundreds of old Qur'anic manuscripts to search for these verses, and they are missing in all of the Qur'ans written during the first 100 years of Islam. This clearly indicates to me that the Qur'an was re-compiled by the Abbasids." He is talking about the verses regarding the qibla change in the Quran.

Reference: http://searchformecca.com/forum/index.php?/topic/15-qiblas/

Peace Scribbler, this guy Dan Gibson has a lot of power over you huh?

:peace:
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +14/-2
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 06:33:18 AM »
peace scribbler,

I haven't researched this but:

does Dan Gibson reference the manuscripts he has checked?

It is likely he did not have access to most old scripts, if so, does he mention the significant ones he did not check?

And how old is the earliest extant Quran script in which it appears, according to him?
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 10:06:27 AM »
Peace Scribbler, this guy Dan Gibson has a lot of power over you huh?

:peace:

Are you among those who wish to follow blindly? Take an interpretation and then it is without question, no matter what kind of counterarguments one runs into, true.

I think it is sound that Scribbler is researching circumstantial data. He may get onto something similar as I have.

Be safe
Amenuel
Website reference: http://iamthatiam.boards.net

hawk99

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 10:57:29 AM »
Are you among those who wish to follow blindly? Take an interpretation and then it is without question, no matter what kind of counterarguments one runs into, true.

I think it is sound that Scribbler is researching circumstantial data. He may get onto something similar as I have.

Be safe
Amenuel

Like you?   :nope:   :&
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

JavaLatte

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 01:15:40 PM »
Like you?   :nope:   :&

Yep, no way. May Allah protect us from that.
[33:72] Verily, We offered the trust to the heavens and the earth and the mountains, but they refused to bear it and they were afraid of it; but man bear it - verily, he was transgressing, ignorant.

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2015, 10:51:54 AM »
hawk99 and JavaLatte,

:rotfl:
Website reference: http://iamthatiam.boards.net