Author Topic: Alternative safer nuclear energy as a business  (Read 1347 times)

theNabster

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +1/-0
Alternative safer nuclear energy as a business
« on: June 23, 2015, 01:37:45 PM »
Peace,

This is a conceptual interest of mine, which, if I manage to raise money for, I will get into:

use of Thorium instead of Plutonium to power a nuclear station to produce safe nuclear energy.

I have read some about it, but there never has been a serious attempt at actually building a nuclear power station
using as fissile fuel Thorium instead of Plutonium.

I am just putting this as a space holder, if one day this interest of mine can be satisfied, with the help of Allah.

Other interests are again around the matter of safe, free energy, such as based on Niklas Tesla's works on electromagnetism, and I think if it is possible, it should be an Islamic endeavour, as the benefits will be huge, not monetarily, but environmentally.

A shame that Tesla died a pauper scorned and rejected by the mainstream.
41:53 We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (Qur'an) is the truth.

runninglikezebras

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Alternative safer nuclear energy as a business
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 01:52:08 PM »
Thorium nuclear plants are part of the non-proliferation agreement as proposed to Iran.

Peace

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +14/-2
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 01:52:31 PM »
I believe india are building one.

There is also a US company planning to use nuclear waste material as their fuel.
http://www.transatomicpower.com/
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

runninglikezebras

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 01:54:12 PM »
It's doubtful this will lead to a safer world though.  Some rogue states like Israel still refuse to cooperate with nuclear non proliferation.

Peace

theNabster

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 05:10:01 PM »
Peace @wakas,

So then if a pilot station in India is made, it might be the start of a domino effect to build all future power stations on that blue-print, provided it is a success, of course,

I am pleased, if I have the means, I will have to look for other projects :-)
41:53 We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (Qur'an) is the truth.

Farabi

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 06:25:04 AM »
Hi, AFAIK it still radioactive. Why not a hydrogen machine? Basically nuclear power plant was a steam engine, we're not too far since the 1800. The difference is, thorium technology might be available, but the instable waste product might harmfull, while hydrogen waste product was a drinking water, but the technology is not yet available.

The other alternative was magnetic generator, I heard some people already built this, but most people consider this as a hoax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL8CTfTb3yY
I saw a bigger prototype, but like I said, it considered as hoax.

The other is by exploiting gravity, I dont know what is the right word.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=287qd4uI7-E
At first I thought I'll be neutral by replacing my emotional attachment, what then happened was, I switch my side from the other extreme to the other one. I had no idea what is neutrality.