News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Charleston Massacre Not Terrorism?

Started by reel, June 23, 2015, 08:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reel

Last week, a white supremacist shot 9 African Americans at a bible study in church. He said "?You Rape Our Women, You?re Taking Over Our Country, You Have To Go!? which I suppose would sound reasonable if it was coming out of the mouth of a native American for all of us.

Anyways, it took almost 3 hours for this story to hit the media. To make things worse, the first thing they said was that the shooter was mentally unstable.  When people began forcing them to tag him as terrorist they started debating the "definition" of the word. But the hilarious thing is being done by conservatives. They are twisting the entire dilemma as "attack on Christians". But man, the story is an eye opener. It looks like people have started noticing the way media presents a story. At last, they found the pattern.

QuoteWhen you read about Dylann Roof, think about the patterns he represents.

There?s more than one.

Over the next few days, we?re going to hear about mental illness. We?re going to hear about troubled loners. We?ll hear about a young man?s racist fantasies, so outrageous that he would
celebrate the apartheid regimes of South Africa and Rhodesia.

We?ll hear from family, neighbors and high school friends, and the picture that will start emerging is of a young man who was strange, disturbed, sick, abnormal.

The message will be that the massacre in Charleston was an unpredictable, unavoidable tragedy carried out by an individual madman.

Don?t lose sight of the patterns.

A crime of hate

When Dylann Roof shot and killed nine African Americans at a Bible study at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, South Carolina, it was a hate crime.

We know, because Roof told the survivors precisely why he had come to this historic church to commit mass murder: ?You?re raping our women and taking over the country. You have to go.?

It was an act of domestic terrorism. Roof has reportedly told investigators that he wanted to start a race war with his actions. Shooting nine black people as they prayed was a way to terrorize all black people and to destroy the safety and comfort of what should be the safest of spaces.

It was also part of a pattern.
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/charleston-massacre-was-a-hate-crime-a-terrorist-attack-and-part-of-a-pattern/

QuoteThe recent attack on a predominantly African-American church by a murderous racist has provoked a passionate debate about who is ? and is not ? a ?terrorist.? According to FBI director James Comey, the perpetrator of the Charleston massacre ? in which nine people were killed ? doesn?t qualify:

?Terrorism is act of violence done or threatens to in order to try to influence a public body or citizenry, so it?s more of a political act and again based on what I know so more I don?t see it as a political act.?
Many are baffled by this, and point to what appears to be a curious double standard: after all, if a Muslim commits violence the media and the authorities are unanimous in their verdict that it was a ?terrorist? act, and should be treated as such. And this is not just a matter of terminology: it is legally significant, since the post-9/11 era has given us a whole body of ?terrorism?-related law that mandates severe punishment for crimes so designated. A piece in Newsweek avers:

?For many, [Dylann] Roof does not evoke the cultural norm of a terrorist. ?We often have things labeled as hate crimes but there?s a big leap from the label ?hate crime? to ?terrorism,? explains Ibrahim Hooper, the communications director for the Council on American-Islamic Relations. ?We always wait when these incidents are first reported to hear if it was carried out by a Muslim to find out if it will be labeled terrorism.'?
Hooper?s complaint, echoed in some quarters of the media, is seemingly well-justified: after all, Roof is quite explicit about the essentially political-ideological motive behind his heinous act. Before opening fire he told his victims he ?had to do it? because blacks are ?taking over the county.? An online manifesto discovered after the Charleston attack explicates his racist views at some length. So why isn?t Dylann Roof a terrorist?
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-06-22/after-charleston-massacre-who-terrorist

Quoteter?ror?ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/
noun
1. the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.
When Dylann Storm Roof confessed to killing nine peaceful parishioners in a South Carolina church, he said he was trying to start a ?race war.? If that isn?t the very definition of terrorism, I don?t know what is.

Right-wing terrorism in America is a very real issue. One that, for some reason, people don?t want to look at. When something like the massacre in Charleston happens, our first instinct is to sweep it under the rug, claiming the poor boy had a mental illness or that he was a truly tortured soul.

Roof may have been a tortured soul, but his torture came from being raised in an environment of hate, intolerance and guns. With a tenth-grade education and what friends described as a ?weird? personality, Dylann Roof set out to further his conservative cause, kill innocent black people, and incite a race war.

Roof is a small part of a huge problem in this country.

For years now the right has been breeding a culture of hate. As the Republican base dies off they need to replace it with new blood. The problem is, that new blood is from a gene pool tainted with bigotry, stupidity, ammosexuality and a serious lack of education or willingness to learn.

That?s not to say that right-wing terrorism is a new thing; from the Oklahoma City bombing to today there have been dozens of examples of violence and violent plots by the extreme right against not only the government but against the American people.

Nowadays the extremists have cheerleaders like Fox News who turn their little ?whoa is me the gub?mint is repressing me? pity parties into what they believe to be viable issues with rhetoric like ?Christian persecution? and the ?War on Christianity.? More than 70 percent of America identifies as Christian, but to keep the voting base going to the polls in fear for their beliefs, these ridiculous claims have become an all-too-familiar mantra.
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/06/19/why-arent-we-calling-the-charleston-massacre-right-wing-terrorism/

"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

FreedomStands

Read these
Easy Religion in a Nutshell
[url="http://lunaticoutpost.com/thread-59014.html"]http://lunaticoutpost.com/thread-59014.html[/url]
This may answer many questions!
[url="https://lunaticoutpost.com/thread-505254.html"]https://lunaticoutpost.com/thread-505254.html[/url]
Kindly email me: [email]foxyfoxgames@gmail.com[/email]

huruf

Yes, very instructive. The only thing that qualifies today as terrorism is if can be adscribed to a muslim, if not, it is something else but not terrorism. Of course.

Salaam

theNabster

... and some argue this was a false flag too...
41:53 We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (Qur'an) is the truth.

Jafar

Quote from: reel on June 23, 2015, 08:18:46 AM
Anyways, it took almost 3 hours for this story to hit the media. To make things worse, the first thing they said was that the shooter was mentally unstable.  When people began forcing them to tag him as terrorist they started debating the "definition" of the word. But the hilarious thing is being done by conservatives. They are twisting the entire dilemma as "attack on Christians". But man, the story is an eye opener. It looks like people have started noticing the way media presents a story. At last, they found the pattern.

All "supremacist" are "mentally unstable"...

And oh.. expect the same propaganda pattern coming from Sunni / Saudi Wahhabis camp very soon.. (Yet another conservative group)
Every Shiite, Atheist shall be labeled as terrorist and any attack / bombing towards them is justified.

Quote from: huruf on June 23, 2015, 11:09:45 AM
Yes, very instructive. The only thing that qualifies today as terrorism is if can be adscribed to a muslim, if not, it is something else but not terrorism. Of course.

Russians are now (re)joining the "labeled as terrorist club" and so does Shiites..

reel

Someone showed me this: https://youtu.be/68we3aP_UNE
Quote... and some argue this was a false flag too...
QuoteYes, very instructive. The only thing that qualifies today as terrorism is if can be adscribed to a muslim, if not, it is something else but not terrorism. Of course.

Salaam
The main intention was probably gun control. I wouldn't be surprised if the massacre was another false flag. But the intention probably didn't pay off because people got more interested in why it was not tagged as terrorism by the media. I believe in couple of days Obama will begin talking about how bad it is to have guns at home. Although I agree with that for Americans, having no right over gun is no less than a "sin". Some think that its a protection against atrocity of government like police state.

All "supremacist" are "mentally unstable"...
That is what people caught. They said how come terrorists are not considered mentally unstable also? Who really goes around killing people?

QuoteAnd oh.. expect the same propaganda pattern coming from Sunni / Saudi Wahhabis camp very soon.. (Yet another conservative group)
Every Shiite, Atheist shall be labeled as terrorist and any attack / bombing towards them is justified.
lol, I thought its happening in Saudi already since they arrest anyone deemed "liberally unspoken" or threat to power of the royal family. Still can't wait for your prediction to come true. It will only confirm the fear of the corrupted government.

I love how US is conditioning people to believe that anyone who questions the government is no different from Bin Laden because his library contained 9/11 inside job and illuminati books  ::)

QuoteRussians are now (re)joining the "labeled as terrorist club" and so does Shiites..
Didn't know about that. But I wonder what got the world governments to suddenly tell Russia "hey we won't play with you anymore".
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

FindingRightPath

Peace Reel,

Of course, he's a terrorist. He fits the terrorist definition exactly, but that doesn't fit the propaganda of the elites nor the conservatives. Only if a Muslim does something, it's called terrorism whether or not what he did had anything to do with religion or not. It doesn't matter . The person will be called terrorist, but others are just unstable, poor individuals who were bullied or had abusive childhood, etc.

I have noticed every time a white man commits a crime, he is always called as a mentally ill person before anything else.

Neptin

PEACE!

What is terrorism? To me, terrorism is any violent act geared at wrestling power forcefully from the government. Hence I wont call this massacre or charlie hebdo 's terrorism. I think a more appropriate term should be "terror".

That being said am not too bothered about the media hypocrisy here. I wouldnt expect any better. Any sincere thinker can digest the facts beyond the manipulation or interpretation by the media outlet.

Plus I think we ought to watch out for political correctness too; another vice of the media outlet which is even less detectable than Hypocrisy or Double standard. Guys, what other vice can you cite about the media outlets?
Reclaiming Islam from extremism;
[url=http://flamesoftruth.wordpress.com]Flames Of Truth[/url]

Man of Faith

Terrorism:

: the use of violent acts to frighten the people in an area as a way of trying to achieve a political goal

Source: Merriam Webster English Dictionary

But these people work more at enraging people that they attack or as an act of revenge for something taken out on random people of a community they deem to be enemies even if they are innocent civilians.
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

reel

New details show awkward stuffs about the shooter. There is no doubt that he is a terrorist.
1. He drove 2 hours to go to that church.
2. One of the people he killed was a senator. So this specific murder of the man is now taken as assassination.
3. He wanted to drive out the African Americans which is a sign of political motif. Hence, its a terrorism.

Media is a joke, but this is no surprise. They are also foolish because they don't realize that their patterns were getting visible. Here are the stereotypes they create:
1. Muslim killing: Terrorism (all Muslims are responsible)
2. White/teen killing: Mentally unstable lone wolf (don't say all whites are like this, he acted on his own)
3. African american killing: Always related to gangs. Stereotype: because African Americans are poor, they give birth to only gang members.
4. Veteran/ military man talking against government: He suddenly becomes depressed or mentally unstable and thus shoots around, killing his family members and then himself. Even if he is not mentally unstable he may kill. ex: David Crowley and Bill Cooper. There is one more. I can't remember his name.
5. Conspiracy theorists: Want destruction of US. They are terrorists. Comment made by: Glenn Beck and also found in FBI's memo.
QuoteA Department of Justice memo instructs local police, under a program named "communities against terrorism," to consider anyone who harbors "conspiracy theories" about 9/11 to be a potential terrorist.