News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Bakka/Mecca

Started by Layth, December 15, 2014, 05:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

huruf

This brings me back to the gist of names. There is a very hard to break inertia to see proper names in the Qur'an evrywhere, proper names that have no significance in themselves acept to name a place or a person with a name, but not because that name means something.

Makka, bakka, mean something, regardless of whether they are a place or not.

Salaam

Jafar

Quote from: IGotQuestions on May 08, 2019, 10:09:10 AM
Salaam All,
Thank you for your comments and reply on this topic. I went for Umrah about 4 years ago, and when I entered Mecca, I did not feel any sense of spiritual upliftment. There was even a point I was in close proximity to the Kaaba and I felt a sense of indifference and apathy.

If anyone is looking for a specific place / location on earth that can give them a spiritual upliftment then don't bother to look and no need to go anywhere. Your specific place that you're sitting on now can also give you a spiritual upliftment.

Yet I also observe that the majority of people who went to Mecca doesn't actually looking and hoping for spiritual enlightenment or upliftment, the major driving factors are:
- To attain social status (as being those who has performed hajj shall gives them higher social standing within their own community, the status will be boosted higher if they manage to kiss the black stone)
- To attain a kind of compensation / reward (whether in this life or in the hereafter)
- just because they believe that God told them to go there.

I have been researching Dan Gibson's theory about Petra and Mecca. Could it be possible that the Mecca of today is not the Mecca of the Prophet (S) and the Mecca mentioned in the Qur'an? If Mecca was such a important and significant city, how come it doesn't appear on any maps until the 7th or 8th centuries respectively?

It could be.. but nonetheless it really doesn't matter...

Quote from: imrankhawaja on May 08, 2019, 07:25:13 AM
That is why makka is not HOLY at all.

Reason one (only sunnis are allowed to enter).
Visa policy for non arabs.
Cost reached almost 10000$(depend on country to country).

If that's the case then just make your own place 'holy'....

woke

mecca is not a proper noun and neither is bacca, the root words are ba-kaf-ya and it means to weep- look it up in quran corpus, and for mecca its meem-kaf-nun -  that means  established   
peace and salaams

IGotQuestions

Quote from: Layth on May 08, 2019, 02:02:24 AM
Indeed, all my years of studying this topic have only added to reinforce the finding that Jerusalem is Bakka and it is the center of Pilgrimage for all mankind...

Salaam brother Layth. Thank you for responding. Does this also mean that Jerusalem is the Qibla for Muslims?

Novice

Quote from: huruf on May 08, 2019, 03:56:46 AM
That would be indeed de first question to be answered.

I guess it has been dealt with many times in the forum, but it might be difficult to get a straight answer from it.

I am rather reluctant to mass events, so the whole thing to me is suspect, but I am interested if there is something cogent in the whole thing to get some understanding.

As to the place for such a thin, I have heard to many times in my life of places which are holy everywhere and generally I am put off by such kind of considerations which are always tainted by tribal, nationalistic, ehtnic or historical pride.

Holy is every place, holy is everything, since ev erything is God's creation. What makes a place holier than other? Is not there another issue of the wellknown prejudice of God choosing something and not choosing otherthing? Is it not a reflection of the human penchant to pick some above others and stablish "holy" hyerarchy  whereas we know that nobody is above any other except by taqwa?

I think the basics of this question should be dealt with.

Salaam

Thank you huruf. It was not a question but a thought to reflect upon that where this ritual come from.

Do you know which word in Quraan means "holly"?

Novice

Quote from: woke on May 08, 2019, 07:51:03 PM
mecca is not a proper noun and neither is bacca, the root words are ba-kaf-ya and it means to weep- look it up in quran corpus, and for mecca its meem-kaf-nun -  that means  established   
peace and salaams

Where do you get these roots? Bacca and mecca come from root ba-kaf-kaf and mim-kaf-kaf respectively.

woke

I had to search for them.  Quran corpus is not 100% accurate. Especially with proper nouns they do not link with the other ones their root category. It is correct check it. And Bacca and Mecca are not real places mentioned in the Quran. They are to weep with understanding or realization and establish.

Layth

Quote from: IGotQuestions on May 09, 2019, 12:43:59 PM
Salaam brother Layth. Thank you for responding. Does this also mean that Jerusalem is the Qibla for Muslims?

Indeed - it is.
`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)

Mazhar

[url="http://haqeeqat.pk/index.htm"]http://haqeeqat.pk/index.htm[/url]

imrankhawaja

to be honest thats the hardest/difficult ever topic i ever encounter..

i start studying about it 7 years ago and i m still not sure about one decision or one finding what i can use.

i havnt find any absolute evidence in claims and also i did not find any evidence against those claims..

HISTORY is the only answer and i m in highly doubt if we have any (ORIGINAL) history availaible with us..

by (original) i mean let say bukhari claimed that omer said XYZ,
for authenticating it we need something from the OMAR(sign/stamp). and need to put it on radio carbon testing..

oiginal work is either lost or its a plan of big conspricy to make it lost.

funny thing is first official biography of key figure(muhammad) comes in market after 170 years from the date of his death. (why) ?