Author Topic: Bakka/Mecca  (Read 49601 times)

runninglikezebras

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Bakka/Mecca
« Reply #340 on: August 12, 2015, 02:42:17 PM »
Oh I forget there is one piece of evidence.  Do you know of the Abraha expedition? 

http://www.mnh.si.edu/epigraphy/e_pre-islamic/fig04_sabaean.htm

Again, this inscription makes a list of places being historically associated with the Abraha expedition.  Yet, Mecca is nowhere mentioned in it.  Would you think such a famous place of pilgrimage, a famous sanctuary of its time would have been missed by Abraha?  Abraha conquered the Hejaz yet no mention whatsoever of Mecca. 

The hadith claimed he tried conquering mecca using elephants. Historical evidence contradicts this.  If mecca existed at all it was of less significance than some of the places mentioned in that inscription.

Make again note of the entirely different alphabet used than we know from the oldest preserved versions of Quran.

Peace

OnlyOneGod

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #341 on: August 12, 2015, 02:45:16 PM »
There are no books of people of the Hejaz region of that time.  This is most logical since Mecca wasn't even on the map in that time.  If Quran is not clear to you on these matters (oldest manuscript of that time) there is nothing I can help you with. 

The existing inscriptions found in modern Saudi Arabia are systematically destroyed by the Saudi authorities because the alphabet used in them contradicts the hadith/sunna narrative.

Outside Quran I can only refer you to academic articles which you seem to dismiss using an unproven argument of bias.

Peace

"There are no books of people of the Hejaz region of that time. "

Yet you claim to know better.

"his is most logical since Mecca wasn't even on the map in that time."

How long after the death of the Prophet did Mecca "get on the map"? You do know that it spread quite quickly.

"If Quran is not clear to you on these matters (oldest manuscript of that time) there is nothing I can help you with."

The oldest manuscript of the time and its adherents say one thing, while you, armed with conjectures and hope say another. Now who should I believe?

"The existing inscriptions found in modern Saudi Arabia are systematically destroyed by the Saudi authorities because the alphabet used in them contradicts the hadith/sunna narrative."

Care to link us to the part that says that Mecca was never the Kaaba for Muslims or that the dieties you mentioned were never worshiped there?

"Outside Quran I can only refer you to academic articles which you seem to dismiss using an unproven argument of bias."

Outside the Quran there are thousands of articles that refute all the claims within your copy pasted articles. I seriously have no patience for a copy paste competition here.

runninglikezebras

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #342 on: August 12, 2015, 02:48:53 PM »
Feel free to disagree.  It's equal to me and of little importance.  Although I doubt you know your qbl.

Peace

OnlyOneGod

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #343 on: August 12, 2015, 02:54:15 PM »

Make again note of the entirely different alphabet used than we know from the oldest preserved versions of Quran.

Peace

Could it be because he was from Yemen?

runninglikezebras

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #344 on: August 12, 2015, 02:56:27 PM »
Manha on the way to Turban

Halban

Ma'ad

OnlyOneGod

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #345 on: August 12, 2015, 03:03:29 PM »
Manha on the way to Turban

Halban

Ma'ad

How do we know its the same expedition?

runninglikezebras

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #346 on: August 12, 2015, 03:06:02 PM »
Could it be because he was from Yemen?

First of all he was ethiopian (aksumite). 

Second, the inscription is not in Ge'ez (ethiopian alphabet of that time) but in Sabaean aka Southern arabic alphabet.

Peace

runninglikezebras

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #347 on: August 12, 2015, 03:07:35 PM »
How do we know its the same expedition?

Because it explicitly states it:

b kh ya l / r h m n n / w m s ya h ha /
m l k n / a b r ha / z ya b m n / m l k / s b a / w z r ya d n / w h dh r m d t

With the power (help) of god, and the Jesus (=Christian) King Abraha Zeebman (King's title), the King of Saba'a, Zuridan and Hadrmaut.

Peace

OnlyOneGod

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #348 on: August 12, 2015, 03:09:21 PM »
First of all he was ethiopian (aksumite). 

Second, the inscription is not in Ge'ez (ethiopian alphabet of that time) but in Sabaean aka Southern arabic alphabet.

Peace

Sabaen is a south arabian 'Language' and not a south arabian 'script'.

runninglikezebras

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #349 on: August 12, 2015, 03:10:50 PM »
It has its own alphabet.  As shown in the inscription and shown in the inscriptions found in Yemen.