Author Topic: Bakka/Mecca  (Read 52242 times)

FreedomStands

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Bakka/Mecca
« Reply #320 on: August 12, 2015, 01:34:22 PM »
This is what you posted in your edited post:

I thought this post was about the Bekka and the Mecca mentioned in the Quran and how it could actually be the temple mount and not the Mecca of Arabia.

Looks like you want to move on to the topic of the book "The Syro-Aramaic Reading of the Koran: by Christoph Luxenberg".

Well that has been a side theme in this thread as well, both have been mentioned before in earlier posts as kind of connected as part of making more sense of the Jerusalem qiblah thing at times it seems.
Read these
Easy Religion in a Nutshell
http://lunaticoutpost.com/thread-59014.html
This may answer many questions!
https://lunaticoutpost.com/thread-505254.html
Kindly email me: foxyfoxgames@gmail.com

runninglikezebras

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #321 on: August 12, 2015, 01:35:10 PM »
You don't need to be an expert to know there is no ancient version of the Quran in south-arabian script.  I'm not a follower of Luxenberg.  But he raised some very relevant issues. 

The language used in Quran is important to geolocating it.  All the indicators point to Jordan/Palestine/Jerusalem rather than Mecca.  Including the language, alphabet and script.  The aramaic alphabet was simply not used in southern-arabia.

Luxenberg abused this argument to render the Quran as a collection of borrowed Jewish and Christian tales.  Trying to disprove its authenticity.  It's needless to say Luxenberg does not believe in the One God and does not accept Muhammad as a messenger.

Peace

OnlyOneGod

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #322 on: August 12, 2015, 01:42:52 PM »
Well that has been a side theme in this thread as well, both have been mentioned before in earlier posts as kind of connected as part of making more sense of the Jerusalem qiblah thing at times it seems.

How does it make sense to connect Bekka with Jerusalum when their own interpreters of the bible clearly say that the Baca in the bible is reference to a bush that actually grows in "Mecca"?

If people want to totally re-interpret the whole arabian language and its history to fulfill their whims and desires over certain issues, then that obviously is something I cannot help them with.

OnlyOneGod

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #323 on: August 12, 2015, 01:46:32 PM »
You don't need to be an expert to know there is no ancient version of the Quran in south-arabian script.  I'm not a follower of Luxenberg.  But he raised some very relevant issues. 

The language used in Quran is important to geolocating it.  All the indicators point to Jordan/Palestine/Jerusalem rather than Mecca.  Including the language, alphabet and script.  The aramaic alphabet was simply not used in southern-arabia.

Luxenberg abused this argument to render the Quran as a collection of borrowed Jewish and Christian tales.  Trying to disprove its authenticity.  It's needless to say Luxenberg does not believe in the One God and does not accept Muhammad as a messenger.

Peace

"You don't need to be an expert to know there is no ancient version of the Quran in south-arabian script. "

I don't know about you but this version of the Quran that (as per the actual experts in the field) could actually be dated to the time of the Prophet seems to have no such issues that you want it to have.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/22/oldest-quran-fragments-found-at-birmingham-university

And this was only found last month. Who knows how much else we will discover. But the point for you to ponder is that this version does not differ with our version of the Quran.

runninglikezebras

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #324 on: August 12, 2015, 01:48:56 PM »
Allat, Al Uzza, Manat.
These three goddesses, the daughters of Allah, are well documented in the Jordanian-Syrian epigraphy. However we do not find any trace in the Hijaz.
Al-Lat (Al-ilahat = "The Goddess") was a goddess known Thamoud?ens, Palmyr?ens and Nabataeans. It corresponded to Ham'llat in Safa?tes and Herodotus knew as the Alilat.
Al-'Uzza (Alizat = "Powerful") was a goddess known Nabataeans, D?danites and Lihyanites.
Manat (Maniya = "Destiny") corresponded to the goddess of the Nabataeans and Manawat Palmyriens.
Their father Allah (Al-Ilah = "the god") corresponded to Ilah god of the Nabataeans, safa?te, Thamoud?ens and Lihyanites, the god of the Aramaeans He and El god of the Canaanites.
All these deities take us north of Arabia and not in the Hejaz.

Peace

runninglikezebras

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #325 on: August 12, 2015, 01:51:26 PM »
"You don't need to be an expert to know there is no ancient version of the Quran in south-arabian script. "

I don't know about you but this version of the Quran that (as per the actual experts in the field) could actually be dated to the time of the Prophet seems to have no such issues that you want it to have.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/22/oldest-quran-fragments-found-at-birmingham-university

And this was only found last month. Who knows how much else we will discover. But the point for you to ponder is that this version does not differ with our version of the Quran.

I don't know what you are trying to prove with that link.  It is the aramaic alphabet in that Quran not the south arabian alphabet.

Peace

runninglikezebras

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #326 on: August 12, 2015, 01:53:00 PM »

Maybe they will.  At that point I may reconsider my opinion.  But so far all the evidence points to North Arabia not the Hejaz.

Peace

runninglikezebras

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #327 on: August 12, 2015, 01:53:44 PM »

Are you by any chance of Arab origin?

Peace

OnlyOneGod

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #328 on: August 12, 2015, 01:55:15 PM »
Allat, Al Uzza, Manat.
These three goddesses, the daughters of Allah, are well documented in the Jordanian-Syrian epigraphy. However we do not find any trace in the Hijaz.
Al-Lat (Al-ilahat = "The Goddess") was a goddess known Thamoud?ens, Palmyr?ens and Nabataeans. It corresponded to Ham'llat in Safa?tes and Herodotus knew as the Alilat.
Al-'Uzza (Alizat = "Powerful") was a goddess known Nabataeans, D?danites and Lihyanites.
Manat (Maniya = "Destiny") corresponded to the goddess of the Nabataeans and Manawat Palmyriens.
Their father Allah (Al-Ilah = "the god") corresponded to Ilah god of the Nabataeans, safa?te, Thamoud?ens and Lihyanites, the god of the Aramaeans He and El god of the Canaanites.
All these deities take us north of Arabia and not in the Hejaz.

Peace

So these deities could only exists in the north of Arabia but not in the south? Care to give your reasons for this?

Muslim recorded history states quite unequivocally that they did exist as deities in the Hejaz as well.

OnlyOneGod

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #329 on: August 12, 2015, 01:58:10 PM »
I don't know what you are trying to prove with that link.  It is the aramaic alphabet in that Quran not the south arabian alphabet.

Peace

Well you can believe what you want of cource. This is after all a "free-minds" website. Just the fact that you know the Arabs language better than them simply puts me in your awe.