Author Topic: Bakka/Mecca  (Read 45059 times)

runninglikezebras

• Advanced Truth Seeker
Re: Bakka/Mecca
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2015, 01:30:12 PM »
Check the link posted above, it deals with the issue in much detail.  I assume you are one that accepts Mecca to be their qibla?

Peace

OnlyOneGod

• Apprentice
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2015, 01:30:58 PM »
Mecca gained importance after the Justinian plague.  This affected the medditerranean trade routes massively and favoured the trade routes using the persian Gulf and red Sea.  The history of Mecca however is obscured by tonnes of hadith garbage and zero archaelogical studies.  So one can't tell how Mecca gained importance for sure.  All we know is during the life of Muhammad it had so little significance villages consisting of very few inhabitants can be found in historical records of neighbouring powers but none of Mecca.  To me it doesn't really matter, it's an insignificant place and a good catalyst to draw sectarian arabs towards displaying their pagan traditions.

http://religionresearchinstitute.org/mecca/archeology.htm

So are you saying that Mecca may have existed?

runninglikezebras

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2015, 01:32:47 PM »
How many "non-hadith" mentions do you have of places like 'lahore' or 'peshawar' of that time? Does that mean that just because the outsiders never mentioned it and it was only mentioned by the locals then it never existed?

Well not only is the absence of historical records for Mecca problematic, so is the fact Mecca has never been acknowledged by any pre-quranic Abrahamic faith.  Don't you think that's odd knowing they speak about the same abraham?

Peace

OnlyOneGod

• Apprentice
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2015, 01:33:37 PM »
Check the link posted above, it deals with the issue in much detail.  I assume you are one that accepts Mecca to be their qibla?

Peace

Yes I accept Mecca as qibla. I assume you are of those who like to create new history for the local inhabitants of that area.

runninglikezebras

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2015, 01:33:49 PM »
So are you saying that Mecca may have existed?

It possibly existed as a meaningless village.  We don't know for sure however.  Contrast this absence of archaelogical evidence with that of Sharif Al-Haram. 

Peace

runninglikezebras

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2015, 01:34:33 PM »
Yes I accept Mecca as qibla. I assume you are of those who like to create new history for the local inhabitants of that area.

I'm not rewriting history.  The history of Jerusalem is well established and backed up by Quran.

Peace

runninglikezebras

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2015, 01:36:23 PM »

Well don't think I'm trying to convince you of accepting the right qibla.  But know I'm witness of what qibla you have turned on your heels for.

Peace

OnlyOneGod

• Apprentice
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2015, 01:38:30 PM »
Well not only is the absence of historical records for Mecca problematic, so is the fact Mecca has never been acknowledged by any pre-quranic Abrahamic faith.  Don't you think that's odd knowing they speak about the same abraham?

Peace

Did you consider the fact that where the kaaba is located was not always referred to as mecca (especially during times of the old prophets)?

OnlyOneGod

• Apprentice
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2015, 01:40:08 PM »
I'm not rewriting history.  The history of Jerusalem is well established and backed up by Quran.

Peace

History of Jerusalem? Why are we talking about Jerusalem?

OnlyOneGod

• Apprentice
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2015, 01:41:57 PM »
It possibly existed as a meaningless village.  We don't know for sure however.  Contrast this absence of archaelogical evidence with that of Sharif Al-Haram. 

Peace

So now it "possibly existed" ? Is that your answer?