Author Topic: Bakka/Mecca  (Read 41026 times)

IGotQuestions

• Beginner/Inquirer
Re: Bakka/Mecca
« Reply #420 on: May 13, 2019, 06:13:19 AM »
Salaam All,
Here is another possible rendering of 2:158:

إِنَّ الصَّفَا وَالْمَرْوَةَ مِنْ شَعَائِرِ اللَّهِ فَمَنْ حَجَّ الْبَيْتَ أَوْ اعْتَمَرَ فَلاَ جُنَاحَ عَلَيْهِ أَنْ يَطَّوَّفَ بِهِمَا وَمَنْ تَطَوَّعَ خَيْرا ً فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ شَاكِرٌ عَلِيم ٌ
'Inna Aş-Şafā Wa Al-Marwata Min Sha`ā'iri Allāhi Faman Ĥajja Al-Bayta 'Aw A`tamara Falā Junāĥa `Alayhi 'An Yaţţawwafa Bihimā Wa Man Taţawwa`a Khayrāan Fa'inna Allāha Shākirun `Alīmun

Indeed, the stone and the rock outcropping are among the symbols of God. So whoever makes Pilgrimage to the Sanctuary, or is merely passing through, commits no error should he traverse them. And whoever donates for goodness, then God is Thankful, Knowledgeable.

https://www.islamawakened.com/quran/roots/Sad-Fa-Waw.html?fbclid=IwAR2LRRQWS1lTZA4waBvFTz2iF9bJnzvMqCnuemjVdPDRkH68o6qutuuEgsk

This seems to fit more in line with Jerusalem. Any thoughts?

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #421 on: May 13, 2019, 10:21:00 AM »
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

Jane

• Apprentice
« Reply #422 on: June 30, 2019, 12:19:47 PM »
I have been researching Dan Gibson's theory about Petra and Mecca. Could it be possible that the Mecca of today is not the Mecca of the Prophet (S) and the Mecca mentioned in the Qur'an? If Mecca was such a important and significant city, how come it doesn't appear on any maps until the 7th or 8th centuries respectively?

I just came across Dan Gibson's YouTube channel yesterday and have watched 2/3 of his videos already. I am practically speechless I am so shocked at what he's revealed. I went from thinking Sam Gerrans was crazy for making a video saying Muhammad was not from Mecca to watching Dan's work to 100% believing the Petra is the real Bacca theory in less than 24hrs. I'm still kind of in shock actually. Just how much have we been lied to???
PEACE

quincy

• Apprentice
« Reply #423 on: June 30, 2019, 12:22:56 PM »
Religion is the worst thing. Dogmas need to be destroyed completely.
THE CREED OF ABRAHAM INCLINING TO TRUTH AND ABSOLUTE SUBMISSION TO THE MOST HIGH - THE LIVING AND ETERNAL GOD - THE CREATOR OF ALL

Iyyaka

• Apprentice
« Reply #424 on: June 30, 2019, 10:32:00 PM »
I just came across Dan Gibson's YouTube channel yesterday and have watched 2/3 of his videos already. I am practically speechless I am so shocked at what he's revealed. I went from thinking Sam Gerrans was crazy for making a video saying Muhammad was not from Mecca to watching Dan's work to 100% believing the Petra is the real Bacca theory in less than 24hrs. I'm still kind of in shock actually. Just how much have we been lied to???
Salam Jane,

ISLAM at the time of the prophet was not a term to designate a religion and also to be a proper name BUT to express a RELATIONSHIP between man and god and so between man..
This transformation "ISLAM-RELATION" into "ISLAM-RELIGION" involved a number of changes starting with a distortion of the meaning of important words from the Quran.
Try this exercice : make a board and try to compare these 3 cities to see which one best fit the Qur'anic criterias : "Modern Mecca", "Jérusalem" and "Petra". You will be surprise..After you have archeological facts or textual facts to make your opinion.
- Why people had adopted, after the death of Muhammad (peace be upon him), very quickly (Following the tradition) the changing from a luni-solar calendar to a lunar calendar ?
- Why the term RIBA means for the big majority of the "Muslims" "interest rate" unlike in the quran ? etc..These answers are in the quran himself.

NB : It permits us to better understand the passage of surah Al-Kahf from ayats 18:92 to 18:96..

Peace
But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it. (Luke - 11:26)

huruf

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #425 on: June 30, 2019, 11:34:20 PM »
¿why restrict it to those three? The research of kamal Salibi en others who have continued his path shows it would rather be in southeast Arabia. There is more than a lot speaking for it.

Are we again being sold into The Holy Land brand?

Salaam

Jane

• Apprentice
« Reply #426 on: July 02, 2019, 06:04:39 AM »
Salam

I agree Islam is The Faith and what is taught is not.

I've already been comparing the different possible Meccas.

I'm 99% convinced Valley Of Bacca is modern day Petra. Jerusalem is as nonsensical as Mecca, S.A. IMO.

Abraham was never hanging around in the vast Arabian desert never mind further than that. I think the southeast Arabia is the real Holy Land theory is just wishful thinking IMO. The Irish used to believe they were the lost tribes of Israel. The Holy Land is the Fertile Crescent. Plus maybe Medina.

Mecca cannot be Jerusalem though. Abraham was in Sumer then in Canaan and sent Ishmael to Bacca (Petra). The Qur'an says Ishmael's descendants grew up in an uncultivated valley so Muhammad can't have come from Jerusalem or anywhere near it.

PEACE

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #427 on: July 02, 2019, 12:36:27 PM »
peace all,

Over the years my studies have led me to think the specific/original location is not relevant anymore and that is why we struggle to pinpoint its location with certainty. This is deliberate and part of God's plan. Having a specific/set location would make people automatically assign sacredness to that location (and its relics) which would go against the message of Quran (i.e. against object worship, holy locations etc). I briefly discuss this here with references.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

Sarah

• Apprentice
« Reply #428 on: July 04, 2019, 05:17:43 AM »
peace all,

Over the years my studies have led me to think the specific/original location is not relevant anymore and that is why we struggle to pinpoint its location with certainty. This is deliberate and part of God's plan. Having a specific/set location would make people automatically assign sacredness to that location (and its relics) which would go against the message of Quran (i.e. against object worship, holy locations etc). I briefly discuss this here with references.

Peace Wakas,

I went on your link- haven't read it yet but it says 'Not secure'...why's that?
😃👀✋

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #429 on: July 05, 2019, 03:56:21 AM »
Peace Wakas,

I went on your link- haven't read it yet but it says 'Not secure'...why's that?

Google Chrome recently updated the way its browser identifies/displays website security status (I think last year). It just means the website does not have its own security certificate to verify it is the genuine/correct website and secure the data you input in it. For static pages where you dont input any data it's no big deal. You can even disable this setting in chrome if you want. In reality the chances of a website domain being spoofed/hacked is very low. I've personally never encountered it and usually only happens if one visits unknown links found in spam emails etc.

www.studyQuran.org