News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Can Messengers be killed or not?

Started by Amra94, July 13, 2019, 02:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amra94

5:70 says that some messengers were killed. "We had already taken the covenant of the Children of Israel and had sent to them messengers. Whenever there came to them a messenger with what their souls did not desire, a party they denied, and another party they killed."

but 10:103 says God saves his messengers and the believers. "Then We will save our messengers and those who have believed. Thus, it is an obligation upon Us that We save the believers."

We know that God saved Noah, Moses, Lot and other messengers when the disbelievers were destroyed. Maybe it means the messengers are saved from destruction but they can still be killed?

Layth

Salam,

Yes, messengers and prophets can be killed.

There is no contradiction - 10:103 speaks about God?s wrath/punishment and that He saves the believes from such act (nothing withstanding human ability to kill, else why punish the murderer if it?s is God?s will!)
`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)

Amra94

Quote from: Layth on July 13, 2019, 02:29:22 PM
Salam,

Yes, messengers and prophets can be killed.

There is no contradiction - 10:103 speaks about God�s wrath/punishment and that He saves the believes from such act (nothing withstanding human ability to kill, else why punish the murderer if it�s is God�s will!)
Salam, yeah that's kind of what I was thinking I just updated my question.