Author Topic: Kaaba Mecca and Jerusalem  (Read 9737 times)

Cloudylemonade

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
Kaaba Mecca and Jerusalem
« on: December 05, 2014, 09:55:50 AM »
Hi all!

I have been doing some research and would like opinions. I have been reading that the bakka mentioned in the Quran is Jerusalem, it does make perfect sense to me and I find that I do feel Jerusalem is more "special" to me than Mecca this is more an emotional feeling when I look at pictures ect.

My question is where does the Kaaba and Mecca fit in? Is there any relevance to it in islam?  Obviously millions of people make pilgrimage to it so are all these people misguided?

Any info would be greatly received :)

Thanks

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Kaaba Mecca and Jerusalem
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 10:43:05 AM »
Personally I do not believe in that at all. It is all a hoax. I have done a linguistic analysis and the word appears to be one and the same but with different prefix and not refer to a location.

Have faith
Website reference: http://iamthatiam.boards.net

Cloudylemonade

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 10:55:21 AM »
So what does it mean to you then?

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 11:15:37 AM »
I am not 100% certain,  but it is not a proper noun and it refers to formation of character as in attain a specific character. The M in Mekka is due to a referential word and B in Bekka is accusative. In fact there are two b's in the Bekka word, i.e. Bebakkateh.

According to me they are just innocent words in a narrative with linguistic use and more proper nouns. They only occur once respectively, and Quran seems to have a praxis of not mentioning locations by name. It is very anonymous.

Have faith

Cloudylemonade

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 11:56:01 AM »
Ok so the kaaba in mecca is not islamic?

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +14/-2
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 01:09:58 PM »
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

hicham9

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 02:21:06 PM »
Ok so the kaaba in mecca is not islamic?

The Quranic term 'kaabah' (كعبة) does not designate a "cubic idol" (with a black pseudometeorite stuffed in a vulva shaped ornament) in the middle of nowhere! [...] Kaabah (كعبة) simply means "hill" [...] see: Temple Mount.

SLM
I was not delivered in this world into defeat, nor does failure course my veins.
I'm not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion, and I refuse to talk, walk or sleep with the sheep.

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 10:41:38 PM »
Harmony with you cloudy,

Not according to me. It is something derived from the scripture to create the religion Islam with all its rituals and rites and rules which are man-made fabrications.

Have faith

Farabi

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 05:16:57 AM »
The Quranic term 'kaabah' (كعبة) does not designate a "cubic idol" (with a black pseudometeorite stuffed in a vulva shaped ornament) in the middle of nowhere! [...] Kaabah (كعبة) simply means "hill" [...] see: Temple Mount.

SLM

Once I went to makkah, I think that pseudometeorite is not placed on Kabah anymore, it placed outside of Kabah with a cage. If Im not mistaken lots of people surround it. Do I misunderstood what my mom said?
At first I thought I'll be neutral by replacing my emotional attachment, what then happened was, I switch my side from the other extreme to the other one. I had no idea what is neutrality.

Farabi

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 05:19:23 AM »
Personally I do not believe in that at all. It is all a hoax. I have done a linguistic analysis and the word appears to be one and the same but with different prefix and not refer to a location.

Have faith

Anyway, Im curious, are you native arabic speaker?
At first I thought I'll be neutral by replacing my emotional attachment, what then happened was, I switch my side from the other extreme to the other one. I had no idea what is neutrality.