Author Topic: Happiness  (Read 2886 times)

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Happiness
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 01:17:01 AM »
Spiritual harmony be upon you,

1. My soul is in harmony, but how can I be happy when the world is filled with so much sorrow and pain?

2. When fellow humans walk in the spirit of "God".

3. That people around me are happy.

Be of one with God
Website reference: http://iamthatiam.boards.net

reel

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-1
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 02:55:09 AM »
1. Are you happy now?
Of course
2. What makes you truly happy?
My fiance and my religion. I am actually either thinking about him or Allah all the time.
3. What are the pre-requisites (requirement) for you to be happy?
Stability, diversity, no traditions, unplugged from the society, no obstacles in new beginnings
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

Taro Hiroshi

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2015, 11:49:18 AM »
Peace Jafar, all,

Since people have different personalities, different needs and different interests, it appears that different people need different things in order to be happy. That being said, I still think that there are some principles in regards to happiness that are applicable at all times, everywhere and for everyone.

In my view, there are 5 principles that can lead to happiness. I have followed these principles in some periods of my life. But I have not followed all of them at all times. Because I am a not a flawless/perfect human being. I have made a lot of mistakes in my lifetime. Some of the mistakes I have made have cost me a lot. And unfortunately, I still make a lot of mistakes. Besides, even though I have followed the principles (I am about to share) in some periods of my life, I have not been completely conscious/aware of the principles until recently. Anyway, here are the principles that I believe can lead to happiness.

5 principles that can lead to happiness:

1) Growth: Learning new things (either theoretical or practical, or both).
2) Helpfulness: Serving others. Helping others. Supporting others. Making a difference. Being unselfish/generous. 
3) Social life: Socializing/Networking with people. Meeting friends. Having a balance between socializing/networking and solitude.
4) Self-knowledge: Knowing your personality type, strengths, weaknesses and preferences. Identifying your morals/values.
5) Purpose: Knowing why you were put here on earth. Knowing where you want to be and what you want to do/have/become in the future.

These are my views on what makes humans happy.

hawk99

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2015, 12:21:16 PM »
Peace,

Allah has made me happy by his grace in this life and I pray
he will grant me happiness in the next. 

[76:11] So Allah will protect them from the evil of that Day and give them
radiance and happiness.

God bless

:peace:
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

Taro Hiroshi

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 05:59:42 AM »
Peace to all.

The more I learn about philosophy, the more I think that self-knowledge (knowing ones strengths, weaknesses and inclinations) is highly important in regards to happiness. This reminds me of a quote.

"Different people have different duties assigned to them by Nature; Nature has given one the power or the desire to do this, and the other that. Each bird must sing with his own throat."

In the past, I used to believe that money can give us happiness. But I no longer believe that this is true. Many people seem to believe that money is the root of all evil. But personally, I don't believe that money is the root of all evil. I think that the notion that "money is the root of all evil" is based on a misinterpretation of a biblical verse. As far as I know, no verse in the bible says that money is the root of all evil. But there is a verse in the bible which says the following: "The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil (see Timothy 6:10)." The bible seems to suggest that the "love of money is the root of all evil." From my understanding of the bible, "money in itself" is not the root of all evil.

In my view, money is a very useful thing. And I think that there are several quranic verses that supports the notion that money is useful thing. I believe that money can give us the security/safety we need in order to follow principles which can lead to happiness. But I don't believe that money creates happiness. There is a quote which goes like this:

"Money may be the husk of many things, but not the kernel. It brings you food, but not appetite; medicine, but not health; acquaintances, but not friends; servants, but not faithfulness; days of joy, but not peace and happiness."

BornAgain

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2015, 02:57:04 AM »
1. Yes and no. I am happy that God has blessed with many thanks, but at the same time, I feel that I have not done enough to express my gratitude to Him.

2. Knowing that I live with a purpose. When I volunteer or donate blood, I am very happy that there is something that I can give.

3. Being able to do good, and being in a company of others
?For peace of mind, we need to resign as general manager of the universe.?

?When you judge another you do not define them, you define yourself.?

?Time may heal physical pain but only love can heal emotional pain.?

?My life has been full of terrible misfortunes, most of which never happened.?