News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Messengers do not ask for a wage? 9:103?

Started by Kayvon, September 22, 2014, 09:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayvon

We have prophets/messengers who say...

"Say, "I do not as for any wage, and I am not an imposter" 38:86

"We have sent you as a deliverer of good news, as well as a warner. Say, "I do not ask you for any money. All I seek is to help you find the right path to your Lord, if this is what you choose." 25:56-57

But then we also have

9:103 Take from their money a charity to purify them and improve them with it, and support them. Your support is tranquility for them; and God is Hearer, Knowledgeable.

I am confused...thoughts anyone? Thank you. God Bless

Arman

Salamun Alaikum.

I believe 9:103 is talking about a situation where the people are volunteering to contribute charity and Allah is authorizing the messenger to accept such charity - not a situation where messenger is asking for wage / compensation.

May Allah guide us all to the straight route.

Regards,
Arman
Indeed I have faced my face to the One who farmed the heavens and the earth in precision; and I do not happen to be among the ones associating partners (with Him).

huruf

AS take it that the Prophet at some time did have some civil authority and the amdministration of the accounts or moneys, so he is there mentionned as an administrator to spend or distribute with equity the contributions of the people for the general welfare.

Salaam