Author Topic: New article: The meanings of Salat as stated by The Quran  (Read 8605 times)

hafeez kazi

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: New article: The meanings of Salat as stated by The Quran
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2014, 04:34:38 AM »
Peace all

Before coming to any conclusion the following verses need pondering

O Lord! I have settled مِن ذُرِّيَّتِي   some of my offspring in an uncultivable valley near Your Sacred House, Lord, so that THEY might establish the prayer. So, make people's hearts incline towards THEM and provide THEM with fruits so that THEY may be grateful 14:37

If the aim/reason of settling of the sons was to establish the SALAT (Ritual Prayer) then Abraham should have settled at that place where he was residing before coming to the alleged Mecca. Why he came to an isolated place which was not inhabited by human beings?

(They are) those who, if We CONSOLIDATE them (MAKE THEM STRONGER) in the land, establish regular prayer and give regular charity, enjoin the right and forbid wrong: with Allah rests the end (and decision) of (all) affairs. 22:41

Do you think that to pray, to give zakat, you need to be CONSOLIDATED? Are all Muslims CONSOLIDATED? Do they not do all these things without being CONSOLIDATED?

But there came after them successors who neglected prayer and pursued desires; so they are going to meet evil Except those who repent and BELIEVE, and work righteousness: for these will enter the Garden and will not be wronged in the least,- 19:60

Those who neglect prayer and follow SHAHAWAAT become DISBELIEVERS?  They need to become BELIEVERS, REPENT and do RIGHTEOUS DEEDS to enter the GARDEN.

And those who do not invoke with Allah another deity or kill the soul which Allah has forbidden [to be killed], except by right, and do not commit unlawful sexual intercourse. And whoever should do that will meet a penalty 25:68

Multiplied for him is the punishment on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein humiliated 25:69

Except for those who repent, believe and do righteous work. For them Allah will replace their evil deeds with good. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful 25:70

All those who commit Zina, INVOKE WITH ALLAH other deity  kill an innocent without justice, and THOSE WHO NEGLECT PRAYERS and follow SHAHAWAAT are DISBELIEVERS and need to become BELIEVERS to enter the GARDEN.

IF the NEGLECT OF RITUAL PRAYERS RENDERS US UNBELIEVERS then I believe there will be few countable believers in the world.

ZINA. INVOKING ALLAH WITH ANOTHER DEITY, MURDER, NEGLECTING PRAYER and follow SHAHAWAT are clubbed together by ALLAH, why?

More verses to ponder will be posted.

Thanks.

si di

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2014, 05:50:44 AM »

ZINA. INVOKING ALLAH WITH ANOTHER DEITY, MURDER, NEGLECTING PRAYER and follow SHAHAWAT are clubbed together by ALLAH, why?

Dear hafeez kazi,

These are the things one had to avoid because "salat and zakah" are mentioned together you need to be pure(zakah)and the acts above are the opposite of giving/getting zakah.

Thanks aramanaziz for your additional view of salat.Respect and ?to praise and magnify; express commendation, or wish blessings upon the one who is revered?

When i watched the swarm of birds,i realized that the keyword is trust
If one bird doesn?t trust the other it would cause a massive accident with dead birds so they Switch off their "thinking" and trust their neighbour and the whole swarm trust the creator.
We need to learn to switch of our thinking and to connect with our swarm.

I wanted to share this view of mine with you wa salam

salgan

• Apprentice
  • Karma +4/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2014, 07:10:28 AM »
 Peace all

Salat/Council
 Top 1000 frequently used words
Line breaks: coun|cil
Pronunciation: /ˈkaʊns(ə)l    , -sɪl/
NOUN

1An advisory, deliberative, or administrative body of people formally constituted and meeting regularly:
an official human rights council
MORE EXAMPLE SENTENCES
SYNONYMS
1.1A body of people elected to manage the affairs of a city, county, or other municipal district:
a ban on school buses using the road was imposed by the county council
They Live We Sleep

salgan

• Apprentice
  • Karma +4/-0
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2014, 07:16:25 AM »
ABOUT HELP SUBSCRIBE LOG IN

Definition of counsellor in English:
counsellor
Line breaks: coun?sel|lor
Pronunciation: /ˈkaʊns(ə)lə    /
(US counselor)
NOUN

1A person trained to give guidance on personal or psychological problems:
a marriage counsellor
MORE EXAMPLE SENTENCES
SYNONYMS
1.1 [WITH MODIFIER] A person who gives advice on a specified subject:
a debt counsellor
MORE EXAMPLE SENTENCES
2A senior officer in the diplomatic service:
a counsellor at the Russian embassy
MORE EXAMPLE SENTENCES
3 (also counselor-at-law) US & Irish A barrister.
MORE EXAMPLE SENTENCES
4North American A supervisor at a children?s summer camp.
MORE EXAMPLE SENTENCES
Origin

Middle English (in the general sense 'adviser'): from Old French conseiller, from Latin consiliarius, and Old French conseillour, from Latin consiliator, both from consilium 'consultation or advice'.

Usage

The words counsellor and councillor are often confused. A counsellor is a person who gives advice or counsel, especially on personal problems ( a marriage counsellor), whereas a councillor is a member of a city, county, or other council ( she stood as a Labour candidate for city councillor).

More definitions of counsellor

Definition of counsellor in:
The US English dictionary
The English Synonyms

Get more from Oxford Dictionaries

Subscribe to remove adverts and access premium resources
 Find out more
MORE ON COUNSELLOR

Nearby words

counsel counselling counsellor Counsellor of State count
See also

debt counsellor
in British & World English
grief counsellor in grief counselling
privy counsellor
bereavement counsellor in bereavement counselling
counselor
in English-Spanish
counselor
in Garner's Dictionary of Legal Usage
Result list for counselor
Translate counsellor

into French into German into Italian into Spanish
WORD OF THE DAY
acrid
Pronunciation: ˈakrɪd
ADJECTIVE
unpleasantly bitter or pungent
See full definition
ENGLISH

Dictionary
Synonyms
Grammar
Explore
SPANISH

Dictionary
Grammar
FRENCH

Dictionary
GERMAN

Dictionary
ITALIAN

Dictionary
English (UK)

? 2014 Oxford University PressContact usPrivacy policy & legal noticeBrowse dictionaryHelpAbout

They Live We Sleep

salgan

• Apprentice
  • Karma +4/-0
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 07:21:46 AM »
Peace all

The Quran is a counsellor it is giveing us advice.

Thanks salim
They Live We Sleep

in_awe

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 01:23:19 PM »
It can be inferred that a person who upholds the Surah Fatiha in its true spirit is indeed establishing respect for the Master of the universe ? in his life.

:bravo:
God has sent down the most beautiful of all teachings:a Scripture that is consistent and draws comparisons; that causes the skins of those IN AWE of their Lord to quiver.... 39:23

bookish

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 02:23:08 AM »
Excellent post brother Taro. It seems clear that Salat isn't just ritual prayer. Commitment is also a good meaning of Salat...given the verses you have shared.

FreedomStands

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2015, 08:30:18 AM »
I like that, and you seem to like that word very much based on your posts! Welcome back to the forum!
Read these
Easy Religion in a Nutshell
http://lunaticoutpost.com/thread-59014.html
This may answer many questions!
https://lunaticoutpost.com/thread-505254.html
Kindly email me: foxyfoxgames@gmail.com

reel

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-1
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2015, 04:14:19 PM »
Recently, when researching on the meaning of Salaat I came across an article that holds similar view. It said salaat can also mean taking oath. The writer used 9:5 So when the restricted months have passed, then you may kill those who have set up partners wherever you find them, take them, surround them, and stand against them at every point. If they repent, hold the Salat, and contribute towards betterment, then you shall leave them alone. God is Forgiving, Compassionate. 

I tried to look for the article again to post it here. I should have bookmarked it. Its not coming in GSR.  :(
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +14/-2
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org