News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Is it true people/communities/countries that hold salawat are the prosperous?

Started by 357, July 12, 2014, 09:19:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is it true people/communities/countries that hold salawat are the prosperous?

Yes.
3 (100%)
No.
0 (0%)
Other.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

2.1-2.5

Yousuf Ali   A.L.M. 

Yousuf Ali   This is the Book; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear Allah; 

Yousuf Ali   Who believe in the Unseen, are steadfast in prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them; 

Yousuf Ali   And who believe in the Revelation sent to thee, and sent before thy time, and (in their hearts) have the assurance of the Hereafter. 

Yousuf Ali   They are on (true) guidance, from their Lord, and it is these who WILL PROSPER. 

What is their salawat?

Man of Faith

Peace,

I cannot answer the question without knowing what kind of salawat it is I am replying to. It is yes if it is those who hold the communion without dividing into sects and it is no if it is about a ritualistic prayer. Give me the right definition and I shall answer.

Have faith
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

Sorry , have corrected it, it should have said salawat , not prayer.

2.1-2.5

Yousuf Ali   A.L.M. 

Yousuf Ali   This is the Book; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear Allah; 

Yousuf Ali   Who believe in the Unseen, are steadfast in salawat, and spend out of what We have provided for them; 

Yousuf Ali   And who believe in the Revelation sent to thee, and sent before thy time, and (in their hearts) have the assurance of the Hereafter. 

Yousuf Ali   They are on (true) guidance, from their Lord, and it is these who WILL PROSPER. 

What is their salawat?

Sabeel Ameer

I think the 'salawat' is the making contact with God. The daily 3 time remembrance is a part of it, as it is a command of God. But it does not ends there. The contact with Allah only happens if we obey Allah's rules and regulations in life and live according to Quran.Only then we can become prosperous.

Just doing the ritual salat without doing good deeds does not bring any prosper, but it bring punishment also.

Quran,107:4,5,6
So woe to those who make the salat, Those who are neglectful of their salat. Those who make show

Who are these people ?

Quran 107:1,2,3
Have you seen the one who denies the judgement? Then that is the one who repulse the orphan, And(does)not feel the urge to feed the poor.

So obeying Allah's rules and regulations is required. No use in doing the 3/5 time salat without showing mercy to fellow beings.

Quran 107:7 - And they deny small kindnesses

Not only that, those who do not give charity and mistreats orphans etc ,  when they do salat, they will get double sin, because of 107:4. These people do not get prosper.

So i think that those who are steadfast in salawat is those who obey the laws of Allah and doing good deeds, along with the remembrance of Allah. Such people will become prosperous.

Man of Faith

Peace 357,

Thanks, but it still depends on what you make out of salawat, i.e. what it means to you. I will answer yes, but that is yes to Communion and not sectarian prayer.

Calling (duwa) is what I interpret as the prayer-like activity that you undertake.

Have faith
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

Zulf

Peace all,

Salawt, is supposed to prevent evil. Anyone who prevents evil and promotes good, will prosper. It's a law of nature.

Places and countries where sectarianism is strong, tend to be in shambles it seems. Places and countries that do not respect women also seem to not fare very well. I don't know if the chicken or the egg comes first, but being "ungodly" and unspiritual seems to correlate with disrespect of women. (and no, I'm not specifically talking about so called muslim countries).
If you name me, you negate me.

Thanks zulf.

Man of faith do prosperous people over the world do something like Du'a?

Sabeel you are taking salawat as contact with God- How do people in the west or far east keep contact with God to give them their prosperity? They don't do any contact prayers three times surely, although they may have meetings according to requirements and think along the lines of improving things concerning themselves and others.

Thinking discussing along the lines of His attributes ? like with kindness, helpfulness, truthfulness, subduing wrong and restoring right, improving so they benefit  people and in return benefit themselves , what goes around comes around they say............? isn't this also remembering God?

More the people you are useful to , more the prosperity to you.

:peace:

amin

Prayer is only for the benefit of unity and comfort of the people who are involved in the act. Nothing wrong if we change the direction, the times and the act, again in the interest of the community involved.
The number, the times, the duration everything depends on the time and availability of the organizer(Imam) and the population of the community.

If we idolize our prayers, then there is no use of it.

Religious places are nothing but common places where the community group themselves, discuss, plan and act for their well being. Our current life style is very different from our ancestor's thousands of years before, Those practices made sense and very much usefull to them, but some of us are ritualistic for us because we've lost the meaning of it.

good logic

Peace 367.

How do " disbelievers" or those who oppose God keep contact with God to get their prosperity? Surely some are prosperous in this world?

They never do any prayers, since they do not believe! However, some are useful to others and do good?
Do you have to keep "contact " with God to be prosperous in this world?
Do you do " contact " with GOD to seek prosperity in this world?

God bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28[/url]

Sabeel Ameer

How do people in the west or far east keep contact with God to give them their prosperity? They don't do any contact prayers three times surely, although they may have meetings according to requirements and think along the lines of improving things concerning themselves and others.
There were many people who were very powerful and rich.

Quran 89:7,8
(people of) Iram - who had lofty pillars, The likes of whom had never been created in the land

The Pharoah was powerful. But they increased corruption in the land. And we have lessons to learn from What Allah did to these people.

I'm happy that the people of the west and the far east has enough provisions. But they shouldn't fall to immorality. Like drug use, criminal activities, no morality, etc. Some people has luxurious cars, but they dont live much due to drug overdose. No strength in family relationships,no peace in life etc. The remembrance of Allah will stop us from these things.

like with kindness, helpfulness, truthfulness, subduing wrong and restoring right
Thats what i am talking about, doing good deeds. No use in taking a tasbee and chanting dikr if we dont do good deeds.
But along with good deeds, we should be thankful to Allah and do his remembrance in private.