Author Topic: Peace to everyone, this is my first post.  (Read 2914 times)

Existential1

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Peace to everyone, this is my first post.
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2014, 10:16:23 PM »
- Man-made hadiths
- Sunnah of the prophet Muhammad
- The Five Pillars of Islam
- Fatwas of the scholars

I see.  Anything that isn't specifically of the Quran.  Ibrahim had no book to follow at all, and yet still had those morals and faith.

:peace:

JavaLatte

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2014, 12:08:31 AM »
I see.  Anything that isn't specifically of the Quran. 

Yep!  :peace:

Ibrahim had no book to follow at all, and yet still had those morals and faith.

Looks like Ibrahim received some kind of scriptures/scripts/scrolls (suhuf) <--- Qur'an 87:19.

However, I still don't know the exact meaning of 'suhuf', perhaps it means something else other than scriptures.

Peace.
[33:72] Verily, We offered the trust to the heavens and the earth and the mountains, but they refused to bear it and they were afraid of it; but man bear it - verily, he was transgressing, ignorant.

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2014, 12:09:22 AM »
Peace Javalette,

I think he means that all those faiths stem from the same man's exceptional devotion to God and also from his prayer that caused there to be a promise from God forever after. God mentions Ebrahem as an example of exceptional service and the creed to follow.

God bless you
Website reference: http://iamthatiam.boards.net

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2014, 12:11:29 AM »
Anyway, I forgot to say welcome to the forum.

God bless you

JavaLatte

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2014, 12:32:02 AM »
Peace Javalette,

I think he means that all those faiths stem from the same man's exceptional devotion to God and also from his prayer that caused there to be a promise from God forever after. God mentions Ebrahem as an example of exceptional service and the creed to follow.

God bless you

Salam brother.

When I was still influenced by Sunni, I suppose I also have similar perception that Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are originated from Abraham's creed, something like that.

If I'm not mistaken, that's how they (Islamic religious teachings) taught us to believe.

But after I try to follow Qur'an alone, my perception in this regard has changed,

and personally, I don't agree if these religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) called as Abrahamic faith.

Peace.
[33:72] Verily, We offered the trust to the heavens and the earth and the mountains, but they refused to bear it and they were afraid of it; but man bear it - verily, he was transgressing, ignorant.

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2014, 04:26:46 AM »
Peace,

The recitation tells to have faith like Ebrahem had and follow his example. He was not the founder of a religious branch of "religions" although there is a certain promise from God to Ebrahem and his progeny.

God bless you

Existential1

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2014, 09:30:15 AM »
I did some quick research, read 5 translations, and they all seem to have the same message of Abraham being the father of the monotheistic religion we practice today.

Surah Al-Hajj 22:78
And strive for Allah with the striving due to Him. He has chosen you and has not placed upon you in the religion any difficulty. [It is] the religion of your father, Abraham. Allah named you "Muslims" before [in former scriptures] and in this [revelation] that the Messenger may be a witness over you and you may be witnesses over the people. So establish prayer and give zakah and hold fast to Allah . He is your protector; and excellent is the protector, and excellent is the helper.

fye

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 01:22:42 PM »
salaam surah al asr

read this and speak to your brothers about the knowledge,

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2014, 01:55:14 PM »
Peace,

Figuratively speaking, I think the use of father for Abraham is either allegorical or the word for father in this regard has a slightly wider meaning. Not everyone can have Abraham as their ancestor so logically it is not literally father. But also in traditional regard you tend to use father as a courteous title for someone of deep respect.

But if you ask me father in this regard is like in fathering the shape of our faith. Abraham's exemplary devotion and service to God fathered the link between us and God. God was seemingly very pleased with the creation of Abraham and put him as a role model hence the use of father in the phrase.

Father Abraham was also the man who prayed together with his son for a faithful land in absolute devotion to God alone. He asked God on how he could serve The Master well and could be the one who received certain rites as we know them as are quite specific for the middle-eastern ways. Father here could be towards those who follow the rites that Abraham had done. But doing good and have strong faith in God alone is basically what to follow the ways of father Abraham mostly stands for.

God also gave Abraham a promise as long as those after him are righteous to make leaders of those and of blessed character. And it can be anyone who is a faithful follower of God. So it is positive to look back on father Abraham and his devotion to God alone, and the God of Noah, Isaac, Ishmael, Yacub, Joseph, Moses, Aaron, David, Solomon, Jonah, Jesus, Muhammad and the rest of messengers. And we make no distinction between them but The Master we serve wholeheartedly.

God bless you

Existential1

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2014, 02:00:10 PM »
God also gave Abraham a promise as long as those after him are righteous to make leaders of those and of blessed character. And it can be anyone who is a faithful follower of God. So it is positive to look back on father Abraham and his devotion to God alone, and the God of Noah, Isaac, Ishmael, Yacub, Joseph, Moses, Aaron, David, Solomon, Jonah, Jesus, Muhammad and the rest of messengers. And we make no distinction between them but The Master we serve wholeheartedly.

Wisdom
 :jedi: