News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

baby and toddler books about God?

Started by ay, February 15, 2011, 01:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jafar

Quote from: Nazzam on September 18, 2013, 06:50:16 PM
In neuroscience it has been confirmed that the cognitive capacity of conceptualization of complex problems starts later on. So if a baby, toddler, child is confronted with religion early on, it will automatically have distorted and simplistic views which will lead to concepts of the same quality.

It's much better to keep (the insanity of) religion away from your child until at least 12-13 years age.

A snippet of conversion between my 6 years old and me.

Son: Dad are you a buddhist?
Me: Yes I am why do you ask?
Son: Because << name of his friend >> is a buddhist, aren't you a muslim?
Me: Yes I am and why do you ask?
Son: Because << name of his friend >> said that I'm a muslim, (note: perhaps due to my son 'middle eastern' feature)
Son: And are you a christian?
Me: Yes I am and why do you ask?
Son: Because << name of his other friend >> is a christian, but dad you can't be buddhist, muslim and christian at the same time! Or can you?
Me: Yes I can and so can you, who said that I cannot?
Son: <<Confused and walk away>>

All human are being born without religion..
Religion is among the 'poison' which polluted the soul once it has arrived in this world / universe.

That's why I said it's more of :
"Adult learning from babies than babies from Adult".
In terms of spirituality.

?Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven"
-- Jesus as cited from Matthew 18:3

And I couldn't agree more with Jesus..

Salam / Peace

ay

But people are confusing talking about God / a creator with children to talking about religion which is different imo
anyways this has gone off topic somewhat

thanks all
if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor