Author Topic: Multiple wives.  (Read 7169 times)

stillearning

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +1/-0
Re: Multiple wives.
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2014, 02:32:20 AM »
Aoa

But there are a few who understand that verse 4:3 is not about to marry multiple women, instead to marry OFF.

What can you say about that?

If the verse meant to marry OFF, from which I assume you mean to marry them off to someone. How does the rest of the verse fit in with this.

Regards

Ali Nasser

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2014, 03:58:55 AM »
I reckon it could be that to help the orphans, marry their mothers off, one, two, three, four, but if you cannot be just and fund their families, then stick to just the one, or with those who you have contractual rights with so you can together with your partner to look after these people.

DrGm

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2014, 06:42:57 PM »

DrGm,

The duty of the prophets are:
To explain to you the Book
To teach you its Wisdom
To differentiate to you between Good and bad
To enjoin upon you all that is good
To forbid you from all evils and
To free you from slavery.

57:20  Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children - Hence the prophets' lives are not for fun and fare; their lives are not to increase their families and wealth; and their lives are not for show of pride and arrogance. And for them is long hours of work during the day 73:7; and they sleep very little in the night 51:17. They stand in prayers nearly two thirds in the night praising and remembering the glory of Allah 73:20; further the prophets are woken up in the nights from their covers 73, 74:1; and in the early morning hours to go to their people to warn them and make them ready for the fight against all evil 74:2. Thus for the prophets no intentions for sex during the day time; nor did they have any time for it during the nights that they stayed away from fearing and guarding Allah's admonition; and seeking forgiveness for themselves and for others; and remembering Him more and more staying awake in the nights, all their lives.

DrGm, what do you understand from all these ayats? Have the prophets got any thing or any time left with them for their family life? or selfish life style? No, most people have gotten them all wrong and May God forbid for us; and forgive us.

The prophets were sent to an almost forbidden society on its last legs splintered into fractured groups who had become like aborigines with very little calibre to understand the Truth. Amongst them the prophets had to move in and live to teach them the Book and the Wisdom, a Himalayan task. Even amongst such people were the endowed and dignified ones who become like disciples who could remember the oath given to Allah that they should help their prophets with their wealth and lives. 3:81  "Whatever I give you of the Scripture and wisdom and then there comes to you a messenger confirming what is with you, you shall believe in him and support him."  Said, "Have you acknowledged and taken upon that My commitment?" They said, "We have acknowledged it." He said, "Then bear witness, and I am with you among the witnesses."

Such of these, men and women from among their peoples, do volunteer to help their Prophets by listening to their prophets and go back to their men and women folks to guide them in the straight path from their evil-mind caused situations. While males can sit with their prophets for all time day or night, the women cannot be that way. Yet their women folks need to be taught too. In such a situation those among women who have the ability to get to the straight path; and who can gain better of the Book and of the Wisdom are chosen to get married to their prophets in their works.

They now gain the status as the wives of the prophet; and for the believers they unto them are mothers who live and sacrifice their lives, for the lives of their people. Surely for the believers the wives of the prophets are their mothers; and the believers are by nature forbidden from entering into their mothers' private matters of privacy; this is a grace from Allah that the minds of the believers would never wander into such gross indecency.

But the ignorant ones in whose hearts is the disease and the arrogant disbelievers would enter into such indecencies creating maliciousness to the prophets' and their wives' pure intention-relation in the cause of Allah. It is atrocious to say that the prophets did have concubines or paramours bringing disrepute to themselves in the cause of Allah, and degrading the sacrificing women in the straight path.

Those who validate the prophets' wives as their mothers with piety to God, such of them are the legitimate descendants of the prophets that shall reap the good on the earth and enter the heaven. And those who claim the prophets did have illegal concubines, such of them become illegitimate descendants of all evil forces. It is better to stay quiet on matters in which we have no knowledge or less know, so that we are saved from the questioning before the detrimental torment of blazing fire in both the worlds.

17:36  And do not pursue that of which you have no knowledge. Indeed, the hearing, the sight and the heart - about all those one will be questioned.

Any further question welcome, DrGm.

Peace.

peace,

please bear with me dr. i was stuck with my internet connection.

i'm clear now dr.  the reply is satisfactory and elaborate.  the chosen messengers and prophets are models for mankind in righteousness.  the righteousness of the messengers can be understood only be Allah and His believers / His bondsmen / His truthful / His martyrs / His noble / His men of understanding / His obedience / His surrendering / His righteous / ...

no questions dr.

peace

mohamad itani

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2014, 06:09:38 PM »
i can say a lot about what i think and that would mean a great deal to me.but to really understand Quran one has to learn from it.
in aya where more wives is mentioned like two three or four look at the words closely,and don't jump to conclusions. most of the words are explained out of the context of the Quran now a days.
eg "a3dilu" could mean return.
who are Yatama ilnisa ?
this verse could be understood in multiple ways.i still would say we must think more in the context of the Quran and try to be patient to know what this means.
what if this Aya meant that man can get married more than once ,not necessarily after divorce ,but after a wives death.
the aya could simply mean if you "scared in not returning the dead mothers  girl orphans then marry what "taba lakum" of woman,twice ,thrice ,four times.
the aya is really complicated and needs to be compared with all text that has similar words from the quran.
there most be some work done here. or else the meaning will not be clear regardless of what we think.
peace.

dawngorgeous

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2014, 04:32:25 AM »
The Koran tells us not to commit adultery quite clearly. That logically means one man, one woman. We don't need to know why he allowed the prophets to have several wives. More importantly, why are some 'Muslim' men and some unfortunately not great thinking women, trying to force the non argument of more than one wife?
Peace.

Ali Nasser

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2014, 05:09:25 AM »
That's why I started this thread so I can clarify it. Was he allowed more than one wife? Are we allowed/not allowed to have more than one wife?

diamantinehoneybunch

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2014, 05:34:13 AM »
And that's why I am a skeptic.
This profile is dead. It was assasinated by its owner :D

I am no longer of an adherent or believer of any religion. So some of my views that have been expressed here may no longer represent or reflect my current views.

Noon waalqalami

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2014, 06:21:58 AM »
I reckon it could be that to help the orphans, marry their mothers off, one, two, three, four, but if you cannot be just and fund their families, then stick to just the one, or with those who you have contractual rights with so you can together with your partner to look after these people.

Peace Ali,

4:23
حرمت prohibited علىكم on you امهاتكم mothers yours وبناتكم and daughters yours واخواتكم and sisters yours ...
 وان and that تجمعوا gathered yeh بىن between الاختىن the sisters two الا except ما what قد hence سلف passed

The above is applicable to all thus if they are not sisters then permissible (end case).

huruf

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +1/-1
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2014, 06:43:35 AM »
Tne environment condones male oligamy, particularly or almost always of people better off who can afford it. Therefore as they ayas came restricting that practice, like when people are told to marry the single, those who were already poligamous were not ordered to divorce any wives they had, at least not that I can recall from the Qur'an, and neither the prophet was ordered to forego any of his wives, but on the other hand he was told to stick to the ones he already had, not to take new ones and not to exchange those he had for any new one.

So nowhere there is a privilege for the Prophet but an obligation to keep those wives that want to continue with him and not divorce them nor change them.

Salaam

Noon waalqalami

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2014, 08:21:16 AM »
Tne environment condones male oligamy, particularly or almost always of people better off who can afford it. Therefore as they ayas came restricting that practice, like when people are told to marry the single, those who were already poligamous were not ordered to divorce any wives they had, at least not that I can recall from the Qur'an, and neither the prophet was ordered to forego any of his wives, but on the other hand he was told to stick to the ones he already had, not to take new ones and not to exchange those he had for any new one.

So nowhere there is a privilege for the Prophet but an obligation to keep those wives that want to continue with him and not divorce them nor change them.

Salaam

Salaam huruf,

Yes those financially able can propose marriage to women without means; question if prohibited?
It?s like cousin marriage or any marriage, up to the individuals free to accept, decline, divorce, etc.