Author Topic: Prayer & using the Quran.  (Read 5449 times)

Habibullah

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Prayer & using the Quran.
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 02:19:50 AM »
Namaz is not even an arabic word. It is a persian word, earlier it was used in the persian military, meaning to repeat an exercise again and again untill you can do it with without even thinking about it. Thats what salat have become today, just like a military exercise, it have turned into a persian namaz. It is like saying sesam sesam open up, using magic words for your idol god.

There are many MANY examples of what to say in your prayers, all examples show one thing "say that which you have in your heart and mind" to remind YOURSELF of God. However, salat and prayer is not the same thing.

Peace

Scribbler

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 04:02:27 AM »
Dear brothers and sisters, who follow the Sunni and Shia's way of Islam,

Peace be upon you.

If salat is to be established in the way the Sunnis or Shias do, may I kindly ask you a couple of questions, which I believe is pertinent to ask, and hope that you would answer truthfully regardless of any bias.

Take a look at this:

Indeed, I am Allah. There is no deity except Me, so worship Me and establish prayer (Arabic: alssalata) for My remembrance (20:14)

The above verse is a dialogue when Allah and Prophet Moses (pbuh) talked for the first time in the Holy valley of Tuwa.

My first question: How did Prophet Moses (pbuh) and his people established salat without the Torah between their hands?

Now look these verses:

Thereupon Zachariah prayed to his Lord, saying, Lord, grant me by Your own grace virtuous offspring. You are the hearer of all prayers (3:38)

As he stood praying (Arabic: yusallee) in the chamber, the angels called out to him, saying, God gives you the good news of John, who shall confirm the Word from God, and [shall be] outstanding among men, and utterly chaste, and a prophet from among the righteous. (3:39)

From the above verses we can see that Prophet Zachariah (pbuh) was establishing salat.

My second question: Was Prophet Zachariah (pbuh) uttering words in his salat from a book which was revealed unto him by God?

Please note: The positions of standing, bowing and prostrating is a part of salat, since I believe that this form has been transferred to us through mass transmissions by practice from generations after generations, hence there is absolutely no need to 'reinvent the wheel' since the current practice is not in contravention with any of the ayats of the Quran. In fact, there is more than a suggestion in the Quran that standing, bowing and prostrating are indeed a part of salat. Also if we look at how the Jews pray, we'll see the same positions of standing, bowing and prostrating in their prayer as well.

Regards.
Turn to Allah before you turn to ashes.

sushi1992

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 05:30:02 AM »
How do you know the Quran is book of Allah? Answer that . . . it will answer everything.

- - -

Quran-only rejection of Hadith is clearly unsupportable.

I believe it is the words of God because of the content. The way things are talked about, the justice of the book, the purity of it in a sense that this is the way life should be lived. Bare in mind the book is an inspiration from God, do you know what that means?

How will that answer everything for you, I'm curious. Because even me believing that it is a guidance from God, I don't just agree to anything the Qur'an says without further analysis as you should do.

Also, out of pure curiosity, are you:

In support of Qur'an and hadith,
Qur'an only,
Hadith only,
None.

Thanks.
Allah created all in the world for you to live and use. Use your knowledge, heart, mind and soul to determine your path in guidance with God, the Designer and Creator, and you shall succeed as a right

sushi1992

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2014, 05:34:24 AM »
PS:

I think people forget what happened before Muhammad came along. Was everyone misguided? Everyone before him is destined to hell? Well no because we know that all prophets followed the same universal message. There's a lot of hadiths which discuss, honestly, ridiculous and disgusting things. May we bare in mind that these were written hundreds of years after Muhammad died? Plus, the Qur'an is fully detailed. That means you need NOTHING extra as a basic guide to life. So why try to extrapolate the quranic words and explain them with other baseless hadiths when the answer will be explained in the Qur'an. God is not difficult in its system of life/attitude.

Peace
Allah created all in the world for you to live and use. Use your knowledge, heart, mind and soul to determine your path in guidance with God, the Designer and Creator, and you shall succeed as a right

Earthdom

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2014, 10:38:16 AM »
Salaam

Now I simply remove any speculations within salat, hajj, fasting theories.

I simply submitt to God withouth bounded by any religious institutions.
I can do dzikir with Sunni muslims during midnight, do salat in an ahmadiyah mosque, meditate in a Hindhu temple as  long as this dedicated to God Alone.

It's bid'ah, shirk?? Ney.

1) Abraham has no religion but just simply just submit to God (3:67)
2) There is no compulsion in dyn/religious system (2:256).
3) Islam isn't about confuse  fatwa like where's our qiblat, salat must like this or that.But simply just faith and good deeds (2:177)

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 10:48:35 AM »
Peace Earthdom,

:bravo:

God bless you
Website reference: http://iamthatiam.boards.net

GODsubmitter

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2014, 11:26:03 AM »
Namaz is not even an arabic word. It is a persian word, earlier it was used in the persian military, meaning to repeat an exercise again and again untill you can do it with without even thinking about it. Thats what salat have become today, just like a military exercise, it have turned into a persian namaz. It is like saying sesam sesam open up, using magic words for your idol god.

There are many MANY examples of what to say in your prayers, all examples show one thing "say that which you have in your heart and mind" to remind YOURSELF of God. However, salat and prayer is not the same thing.

Peace

I like very much your post. Thank you.

I also see and think that namaz became exactly that: a fictitious mechanical repetition...

And, since you say "However, salat and prayer is not the same thing.", would you care to explain it to me what do you mean by salat please, because there is much contradiction and different interpretations about it. We all know what prayer ("dua") might be, I suppose.

Thank you

Glory be to God, the Uncreated Eternal One
God has no Religion!

God is running everything.

Peace begins with me.

sushi1992

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 01:58:21 PM »
Salaam

Now I simply remove any speculations within salat, hajj, fasting theories.

I simply submitt to God withouth bounded by any religious institutions.
I can do dzikir with Sunni muslims during midnight, do salat in an ahmadiyah mosque, meditate in a Hindhu temple as  long as this dedicated to God Alone.

It's bid'ah, shirk?? Ney.

1) Abraham has no religion but just simply just submit to God (3:67)
2) There is no compulsion in dyn/religious system (2:256).
3) Islam isn't about confuse  fatwa like where's our qiblat, salat must like this or that.But simply just faith and good deeds (2:177)

Well said Fred ;)

Momeen

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2014, 06:45:22 PM »
Dont forget the messenger....
Be full of Questions, so one day you will be full of answers.

sushi1992

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2014, 07:00:25 PM »
Dont forget the messenger....

???
1. Which messenger, there are many we know of and many we don't.
2. If you're referring to Muhammad, what difference does it make if he is known or not known/forgotten or not?

The only being we should not forget is God. Everyone else is irrelevant. But I thank the messengers and prophets for their constant deliverance of the message.