News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Prayer & using the Quran.

Started by Ali Nasser, January 08, 2014, 02:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali Nasser

Greeting fellow earthlings,

I am trying to compile a method in which I am able to conduct my daily prayers. Like what to say, what to do etc.

I was wondering, in regards to what to say, if you want to take an extract from a variety of verses and put them together in a way that would indicate you are asking for forgiveness for example, would it be okay to do that? Like for instance, pick out a verse, something in it that you like, and you take out a portion of it to use in your prayer, is that permissible?

Also, are there any verses which tell you what positions you must do, what order, or is it possible to just face the kaaba in a prostrating, or standing, or bowing  position and recite your prayer?

Momeen

Quote from: Ali Nasser on January 08, 2014, 02:33:13 AM
Greeting fellow earthlings,

I am trying to compile a method in which I am able to conduct my daily prayers. Like what to say, what to do etc.

I was wondering, in regards to what to say, if you want to take an extract from a variety of verses and put them together in a way that would indicate you are asking for forgiveness for example, would it be okay to do that? Like for instance, pick out a verse, something in it that you like, and you take out a portion of it to use in your prayer, is that permissible?

Also, are there any verses which tell you what positions you must do, what order, or is it possible to just face the kaaba in a prostrating, or standing, or bowing  position and recite your prayer?

why dont you just pray the way our prophet prayed?
Be full of Questions, so one day you will be full of answers.

GODsubmitter

Quote from: Momeen on January 08, 2014, 03:04:46 AM
why dont you just pray the way our prophet prayed?

And how do we know how someone prayed 1400 years ago?  ???
God has no Religion!

God is running everything.

Peace begins with me.

Momeen

Quote from: GODsubmitter on January 08, 2014, 12:28:01 PM
And how do we know how someone prayed 1400 years ago?  ???

someone?

mate we are talking about prophet Muhammed(s) here, who is was not a common man, his praying and namaz/salat was witnessed by millions.

so the closet thing which can be done regards to praying is sunni namaz.

I am shia my self when it comes to following ahlul bayt teachings, but I personally think when it comes to praying sunnis are closer and they dont have any reason to innovate.

when I go to sunni masjid I pray sunni way, when shia shia-way.

and I think both this schools are correct, and we dont need any third way to pray.

Momeen

Quote from: Momeen on January 08, 2014, 07:22:31 PM

someone?

mate we are talking about prophet Muhammed(s) here, who is was not a common man, his praying and namaz/salat was witnessed by millions.

I am shia my self when it comes to following ahlul bayt teachings, but I personally think when it comes to praying sunnis are closer and they dont have any reason to innovate.

and I think both these schools are correct, and we dont need any third way to pray.

GODsubmitter

Quote from: Momeen on January 08, 2014, 07:22:31 PM

someone?

and I think both this schools are correct, and we dont need any third way to pray.

You see that even you already mentioned two "fashions" of prayer sunni/shia... so in which fashion did the prophet pray?

And, by the way, all those people who you say witnessed it they are all long dead...

Glory to God
God has no Religion!

God is running everything.

Peace begins with me.

The_Chimp

Quote from: GODsubmitter on January 08, 2014, 07:38:12 PM
You see that even you already mentioned two "fashions" of prayer sunni/shia... so in which fashion did the prophet pray?

And, by the way, all those people who you say witnessed it they are all long dead...

Glory to God

They witnessed and prayed in a similar way. Those who witnessed them prayed similarly . . . hence the chain continues.

sushi1992

You can do the bond/connection however you want. God describes a few ways, standing, sitting etc.

Pray the "sunni" way or "shia" way if one pleases. There is no namaz in the Quran so i don't think it's a good idea forward spacing "namaz" and "salat" as if they are interchangeable because they are not.

Also, how do you know Muhammad's praying was witness by "millions"? Is this based on your congecture? What evidence do you hold on how Muhammad prayed. If anything, it wasn't the traditional "namaz" way. Your view?

:peace:
Allah created all in the world for you to live and use. Use your knowledge, heart, mind and soul to determine your path in guidance with God, the Designer and Creator, and you shall succeed as a right

The_Chimp

Quote from: sushi1992 on January 08, 2014, 08:55:07 PM
You can do the bond/connection however you want. God describes a few ways, standing, sitting etc.

Pray the "sunni" way or "shia" way if one pleases. There is no namaz in the Quran so i don't think it's a good idea forward spacing "namaz" and "salat" as if they are interchangeable because they are not.

Also, how do you know Muhammad's praying was witness by "millions"? Is this based on your congecture? What evidence do you hold on how Muhammad prayed. If anything, it wasn't the traditional "namaz" way. Your view?

:peace:

How do you know the Quran is book of Allah? Answer that . . . it will answer everything.

- - -

Quran-only rejection of Hadith is clearly unsupportable.

Momeen

Quote from: GODsubmitter on January 08, 2014, 07:38:12 PM

Glory to God

yes this is exactly my point, either Sunni or Shia way, there cant be third way, because that doesn't exists and only these two are prophetic way of praying.

either sunni or shia way, as we cant confirm which is correct we can chose any of them, but there cant be third.

few things in hadith are questionable which are from private life of prophet (huge chance they are manipulated)

but clear way of life and hadis which deals with ramadan and praying, cant be ignored.

unless you want to be your own prophet and bring your own shariyah.  :nope: