is music good, good and good .......?

No it is forbidden
2 (7.7%)
It is very good
5 (19.2%)
Only certain types.
19 (73.1%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: is music good, good and good .......?  (Read 6390 times)

Timotheus

• Truth Seeker
Re: is music good, good and good .......?
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2016, 06:57:04 PM »
Peace, check the discussion in this thread http://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9608164.0

peace
what exactly were you trying to draw my attention to?

if that intoxicants is more than just wine, or any specific thing, i agree completely, and i do not intend to argue against that,

i was simply making the observation that it seems the first verse is talking about 2 things specificaly, as i said it is definite, and referred to with a dual object pronoun.

it in not my intention to say the whole quran is talking about this when refering to intoxicants, because i dont know of clear proof for this.

also a correction, i believe i made an error interpreting the 5:90 as 'only theese things are the work of satan' instead of 'theese things are only the work of satan' as i think is what is intended.

HP_TECH if you could be more specific about what you are referring me to, that would be helpfull, as i saw some reasonable posts by you there, however alot of that topic is simply conjecture.

peace be with you

EDIT: i made an error when i missed 'the gambling' in the quranic text, hence my misunderstanding of what the dual object pronoun was prefering to
What could i say that is better than what God has already informed us of?
Follow God
Seek His guidance, the only guidance
Glory and Praise be to God, rabbil Aalameen

HP_TECH

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2016, 07:28:14 PM »
peace
what exactly were you trying to draw my attention to?

if that intoxicants is more than just wine, or any specific thing, i agree completely, and i do not intend to argue against that,

i was simply making the observation that it seems the first verse is talking about 2 things specificaly, as i said it is definite, and referred to with a dual object pronoun.

it in not my intention to say the whole quran is talking about this when refering to intoxicants, because i dont know of clear proof for this.

also a correction, i believe i made an error interpreting the 5:90 as 'only theese things are the work of satan' instead of 'theese things are only the work of satan' as i think is what is intended.

HP_TECH if you could be more specific about what you are referring me to, that would be helpfull, as i saw some reasonable posts by you there, however alot of that topic is simply conjecture.

peace be with you

Peace Timotheus,

Ahh I see what you are struggling with.
In your earlier post you when you cited 2:219 you omitted a very important word from the ayaat.
Where did you get that translation from?

The verse reads
2:219
They ask you about [the] intoxicants and [the] games of chance Say, "In both of them (is) a sin great, and (some) benefits for [the] people. But sin of both of them (is) greater than (the) benefit of (the) two." And they ask you what they (should) spend. Say, "The surplus." Thus makes clear Allah to you [the] Verses so that you may ponder,

This is a translation from islamawakened.com: http://www.islamawakened.com/quran/2/219/default.htm

Corpus.quran.com is also a great source. It shows you transliteration and it is better for study
http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.jsp?chapter=2&verse=219

So intoxicants and games of chance(gambling) are the two specific definite things.

I was pointing you to my arguments. You said it exactly, that intoxicants do not relate to something specific as wine but anything that can alter your judgement or physiological state.
إِنَّنِي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِي

My Lord I repent to you for anything I uttered concerning You for which I have no knowledge of. Indeed You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

Timotheus

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2016, 07:39:59 PM »
Peace Timotheus,

Ahh I see what you are struggling with.
In your earlier post you when you cited 2:219 you omitted a very important word from the ayaat.
Where did you get that translation from?

The verse reads
2:219
They ask you about [the] intoxicants and [the] games of chance Say, "In both of them (is) a sin great, and (some) benefits for [the] people. But sin of both of them (is) greater than (the) benefit of (the) two." And they ask you what they (should) spend. Say, "The surplus." Thus makes clear Allah to you [the] Verses so that you may ponder,

This is a translation from islamawakened.com: http://www.islamawakened.com/quran/2/219/default.htm

Corpus.quran.com is also a great source. It shows you transliteration and it is better for study
http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.jsp?chapter=2&verse=219

So intoxicants and games of chance(gambling) are the two specific definite things.

I was pointing you to my arguments. You said it exactly, that intoxicants do not relate to something specific as wine but anything that can alter your judgement or physiological state.

Peace,
alhamdullilah, i did not realize i had made that error, i must have missed that word, by the will of god. now i see where i went wrong. i will have to edit my posts. my translation is from my own understanding, as i find often (as perfectly demonstrated by me, lol) people can miss important points, or present things in an unclear way, which is easily to misinterpret. glory be to God, he has reminded me not to hasten with my understanding, and to be sure about what i say.

Peace,

edit: hmm it will not let me edit my original post now.. !? :(
Follow God

HP_TECH

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2016, 03:57:20 PM »
Peace,
alhamdullilah, i did not realize i had made that error, i must have missed that word, by the will of god. now i see where i went wrong. i will have to edit my posts. my translation is from my own understanding, as i find often (as perfectly demonstrated by me, lol) people can miss important points, or present things in an unclear way, which is easily to misinterpret. glory be to God, he has reminded me not to hasten with my understanding, and to be sure about what i say.

Peace,

edit: hmm it will not let me edit my original post now.. !? :(

No big deal we are but human...
إِنَّنِي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِي

My Lord I repent to you for anything I uttered concerning You for which I have no knowledge of. Indeed You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

Timotheus

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2016, 04:05:24 PM »
No big deal we are but human...

Peace, indeed, we are prone to error it seems. i will, god willing, have to make sure i check better in the future. masha'Allah
Follow God