News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Some people on here are ..................................................

Started by diamantinehoneybunch, August 03, 2013, 12:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diamantinehoneybunch

Peace,

Firstly, I am feeling distressed and upset by some so-called Quran-aloners on here.
These people make me feel skeptical. I don't know what adjective I shold use to fill in the blank.
Anyway am I a bigot?

Here are my reasons:

There are a few people who try to justify slavery . SIGH. I don't know why these people call themselves Quran-aloners but act and think like traditionalists.
Am I a bigot for not agreeing with this inhuman thing?

There are a few people who justify polygamy the traditional "Islam" way. These people don't make any difference between themselves and hardcore sectarians.
Am I a bigot for being againsts polygamy-for-lust?

There are a few people who totally reject history just because it is not in the Quran. Yes, the Quran is the only source of Divine guidance and laws but it doesn't mean we have to totally reject history outside Quran. I'm not saying this to uphold hadith hearsay. But there are many historiograpgy outside Quran that should not totally be rejected.
Does this reason also make me a bigot?

*** There are a few people who said fasting during ramadan is abstaining from speaking o.O
Why do we have to stop speaking for days? I put the *** because I want you to correct me if fasting from speech is absolutely right.
Does this reason make me a bigot?

And this user:
This quote is taken from a thread I'm sad . This quote was intended to mock me. Just because I said that people who enforce women to cover up fully are actually disrespecting women, doesn't mean that I support ultrafeminism and women going out half-naked. My main point was the people who enforce women to cover everything do so because they believe women are the cause of corruption. Yeah the Salafis.

Quote from: mmmm on June 23, 2013, 11:06:42 PM

"women are "sacred" (objects) so women must be covered fully to "honor" (in fact disrespecting) women" - like making women sexual objects and going around half naked is respectful, and also for a women to slave from dawn till dusk for her boss is OK and advanced (socially desirable) but to be home with her kids is somehow deteriorating to her mind???
As someone said according to feminists women are free to choose what they want with their life as long as it is what they agree with.

Peace.

The texts in maroon were originally from me but this user copied them and opposed them [and mocked me at the same time for sure]. This user was the one who started a thread "Clothing code for believing women" and is anti-feminism. I am really offended by this user.
Does being againsts Salafi forcing women to hide themselves in tent clothes also make me a bigot?

No sane person will support women wearing immodestly and showing promiscuity btw.

I'm sorry if you think I am just an annoyance on this forum. If many of you dislike me and my presence on here, do PM me and state reasonable reasons so I will leave this forum if many people truly dislike me on this forum.

I hope I would never fall into agnosticism. :pr Atheism? Never.

Regards,
Yuliana

This profile is dead. It was assasinated by its owner :D

I am no longer of an adherent or believer of any religion. So some of my views that have been expressed here may no longer represent or reflect my current views.

Man of Faith

Peace,

No reason to leave the forum because of a bunch of people. If this user ridiculed your words by impersonating you sarcastically then contact a moderator.

There are probably people who would like you to stay on the forum and they will be sad to see you go.

The people who are not fasting traditionally and instead think it is a speak fast base this on something I consider taking verses out of context.

Few here believe the Quran advocates polygamy or slavery. And the forum has quite a few 'outsiders' that have joined to propagate their views and it is a free-minded forum.

I am to some extent using history when evaluating my religious practices, but I keep it at a minimum and carefully utilizing it. We have to use history for what the words really mean, ie etymology. Language itself is a form of history. Some people have taken this stance too literally.

God bless you
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

diamantinehoneybunch

Peace Man of Faith,

Thanks for your kindness :)

To be honest I love this forum and I just spend my whole time searching and reading posts, especially older posts on this forum but I feel like my existence on this forum is useless :'(

Actually the people I was referring to are also "Quran-only muslims". There are also Quran aloners who support and try to justify slavery and traditional polygamy :'(

I don't think anyone would be sad after I left this forum.

Also, I don't care if people have different views but I can't tolerate people who have "crazy thoughts" ?ie. Slavery is okay, Polygamy-for-lust is okay.

And your name is Henrik right?

Regards,
Yuliana

I am no longer of an adherent or believer of any religion. So some of my views that have been expressed here may no longer represent or reflect my current views.

supportpeacenotwar

Quote from: Man of Faith on August 03, 2013, 01:09:19 AM
I am to some extent using history when evaluating my religious practices, but I keep it at a minimum and carefully utilizing it. We have to use history for what the words really mean, ie etymology. Language itself is a form of history. Some people have taken this stance too literally.

God bless you

Peace,

Exactly the same for me.
---
Who exactly says that whether or not you believe in fasting from food or speech makes you a bigot because you reject another's perspective? I have never seen anyone else here say that.

Fasting from food is a traditional interpretation just like polygamy is. That does not make it right or wrong but the point is we are against traditionalism for the sake of traditionalism. So unless someone has called you a bigot or suggested that I don't see the issue.

And considering your sensitivity - don't you think making 'funny' faces at someone because they believe in a non-traditional interpretation of fasting is insensitive in itself? Considering what this whole thread is about.

The revelation of the Quran during Ramadan during a set number of days in which you don't speak, but instead its a time when the Quran 'speaks' because the Quran is primarily a recitation as well as a book - there is certainly something poetic about that. But if you don't fast from speech, there is nothing wrong with that.

And I was telling you on youtube about how I felt about this forum and not coming here, for at least a break, and how I was upset by other things before. So that's an 'interesting' coincidence. However, you never said anything in response to me not coming here but suddenly have this thread? You also answered none of the questions I asked you, but then you wanted me to explain or answer things such as what a video on Youtube was about even though you were on Youtube at the time and could have watched it yourself. In fact, I left a comment on that video as it appeared in my feed, saying that I paused it from the start because I did not want to watch it but I wanted to leave a comment to the person in the video. I really don't know why you did that.  :confused:

Oh, and nice that you are reflecting whether anyone would want to see you go. But when I mention that I want to leave or not use this forum, you didn't say anything. Interesting contrast.

You know this is the exact thing that makes me want to not use the forum. That I write a post, and it will be taken the wrong way and then I will have to answer questions but then the other person will not reciprocate that - or will say they do and for some reason they have a lot of other things to say other than answer the question/s etc. There's no point to this at times, thats just how I feel - everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
The above post may no longer represent my beliefs based on evidence and considering such topics further.
I no longer follow a "Quran only" approach.
I would simply say I follow Islam.

diamantinehoneybunch

Hello supportpeacenotwar,

No surprise that there is someone who would attack me.

Didn't I say before I tried to respond to your points/questions?

So you think I'm someone who is like Ms Know-It-All to answer everything?

There have been many times that whenever I posted something, people never reciprocated my points 100% but I never complained whiningly blah blah blah to them.

Didn't you already tell me why you did not want to be active anymore on this forum so why should I ask again?

And most of the time I spend my time on the internet by using smartphone so it's troublesome for me to write lengthy and multiple posts in advance especially to reply channel comments on YouTube which requires double tab/windows to do so and it is more troublesome to do this on mobile browser.

People ignore me almost all the time on this forum but have I ever complained? I think maybe once I talked about it on my thread about studying in university / institution with Quran-aloners but it was not a complaint. Instead, I was just wodering what people thought of me since I am often ignored.

Since there are many people who love you on here, why do you not want to come here anyways?

By the way I really thank you for being honest about what you think of me and giving me reason to leave this forum.

Man of Faith

Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

diamantinehoneybunch

Bender

Quote from: diamantinehoneybunch on August 03, 2013, 12:40:43 AM
Peace,

And this user:
This quote is taken from a thread I'm sad . This quote was intended to mock me. Just because I said that people who enforce women to cover up fully are actually disrespecting women, doesn't mean that I support ultrafeminism and women going out half-naked. My main point was the people who enforce women to cover everything do so because they believe women are the cause of corruption. Yeah the Salafis.

The texts in maroon were originally from me but this user copied them and opposed them [and mocked me at the same time for sure]. This user was the one who started a thread "Clothing code for believing women" and is anti-feminism. I am really offended by this user.
Does being againsts Salafi forcing women to hide themselves in tent clothes also make me a bigot?

I hope I would never fall into agnosticism. :pr Atheism? Never.

Regards,
Yuliana

Salaamun alayki,

I do not agree with you on member mmmm  :nope:

I might be wrong but I did not think mmmm was trying to mock you.
Everyone here has an opinion, when someone has a different opinion then yours, it does not mean that one is mocking you.

I also think there is nothing wrong with the topic "Clothing code for believing women" mmmm asked legitimate and very good questions.

Please do not take the next in a wrong way, I am NOT mocking you or someone else, and certainly NOT directed at you, it is general, I am just giving my opinion:
When one posts on a forum he/she must understand that in a forum there are different people with different views.
There are always people who will be against your view even in the most fundamental things.
So if someone hates discussing or takes everything personal or has a very high pride factor, then he/she should think twice before posting something, and they have to understand that other people have the same rights as him/her. So posting in a thread and saying, that you don't want to argue/discuss, is in my opinion favouring yourself above the others. If one does not want to discuss then start with yourself by not posting.
Again please do not take this as a personal attack to you, because this was not directed at you but to all, it is just how I see things.

Salaam,
Bender

ps. there is one more thing I like to highlight.
I believe that PM stands for "private/personal message".
This is again not directed at you diamantinehoneybunch, but for everyone including myself.
I am just using your thread to make my opinion clear, sorry for that!!!
Alhamdu lillahi rabbi al-alameen

diamantinehoneybunch

Quote from: Bender on August 03, 2013, 09:16:54 AM
Salaamun alayki,

I do not agree with you on member mmmm  :nope:

I might be wrong but I did not think mmmm was trying to mock you.
Everyone here has an opinion, when someone has a different opinion then yours, it does not mean that one is mocking you.

Peace Bender,

You don't understand. I typed the texts that are in maroon and posted them. Then mmmm copied and said that I was supporting women walking around half naked. I felt really insulted. Why don't you read it again? I have read almost all of his/her posts in the Clothing Code for Believing Women . Mmmm's initial posts were okay but then he/she started being anti-feminist and opposing feminism.

QuoteI also think there is nothing wrong with the topic "Clothing code for believing women" mmmm asked legitimate and very good questions.

Please do not take the next in a wrong way, I am NOT mocking you or someone else, and certainly NOT directed at you, it is general, I am just giving my opinion:
When one posts on a forum he/she must understand that in a forum there are different people with different views.
There are always people who will be against your view even in the most fundamental things.
So if someone hates discussing or takes everything personal or has a very high pride factor, then he/she should think twice before posting something, and they have to understand that other people have the same rights as him/her. So posting in a thread and saying, that you don't want to argue/discuss, is in my opinion favouring yourself above the others. If one does not want to discuss then start with yourself by not posting.
Again please do not take this as a personal attack to you, because this was not directed at you but to all, it is just how I see things.

Salaam,
Bender

ps. there is one more thing I like to highlight.
I believe that PM stands for "private/personal message".
This is again not directed at you diamantinehoneybunch, but for everyone including myself.
I am just using your thread to make my opinion clear, sorry for that!!!