News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

"And kneel with those who kneel"

Started by ajiboghareeb21, July 20, 2013, 04:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajiboghareeb21

2:43   And hold the contact prayer, and contribute towards purification, and kneel with those who kneel.

As a follower of the Quran alone I have learned that many muslims who follow this path seem to deviate from the generalized and accepted form of salah (five times a day and form of prayer). Now I know very well that just because a majority does something, it doesn't necessarily make it the right way, but I have a different feeling when it comes to salah.

I feel salah is so critical to islam that I can't imagine the widely accepted style of prayer is somehow incorrect. I understand that Allah gives three times of the day in the Quran, but it's hard to believe that Allah would allow this extremely important aspect of our faith to be practiced incorrectly by the majorities.

Do we have to deviate from the "Sunni" method of prayer because we have to believe it's incorrect? Are there fundamental problems with it in accordance with the Quran? While I do feel I have attained the proper method of understanding why hadith are to be avoided, I don't believe I can have the audacity, if you will, to start pointing out flaws in all of these elements of islam, such as salah especially. When it comes to hadith, I honestly believe most muslims don't really even know what is in them, so while they do make the mistake of accepting them without having knowledge of them, they don't truly follow them. I have absolutely no statistics or evidence to back up this claim other than having interacted and not finding a single muslim who knew the entirety of ahadith.

As Allah says in 2:43, "kneel with those who kneel" - we should pray alongside our brothers and sisters who follow even the sectarian paths, because they are still our brothers and sisters and we shouldn't believe that so much of what they do is wrong.

(A lot of this post is me thinking out loud and accusing myself of certain thought patterns and not anyone else here; this is precisely why I placed this post, to learn from others and see how they think/feel about this important aspect of islam and for some objective analysis of salah).

Peace :)

spodacus

Salam,

I would recommend that until you are 100% without doubt sure that there is a correct way to perform salat that has been hidden to the world until recently, that you perform salat the way you feel comfortable now. Remember that Qur'an says to verify everything, not to make haste in understanding Qur'an, and to use reasoning and common sense when listening to various opinions.

My personal understanding is that the concept of salat is considered a physical act that is endorsed by Allah to help us overcome sin, a way to ask forgiveness, a way to glorify Allah (as the birds perform salat to Allah through physical flying), a way to get closer to Allah, a way to remember Allah's teachings. It was established many generations ago and continued to be handed down to each generation, while prophets and messengers would come to clear up any inappropriate things as shaitan's influence entered into the concept.

Wilson

Peace ajiboghareeb,

Quote from: ajiboghareeb21 on July 20, 2013, 04:17:25 AM
I feel salah is so critical to islam that I can't imagine the widely accepted style of prayer is somehow incorrect. I understand that Allah gives three times of the day in the Quran, but it's hard to believe that Allah would allow this extremely important aspect of our faith to be practiced incorrectly by the majorities.

I feel God's nature is so critical to christianity that I can't imagine the widely accepted doctrine of trinity somehow incorrect. I understand that God says there's no God besides Him in the Bible, but it's hard to believe that God would allow this extremely important aspect of our faith to be understood incorrectly by the majorities.
;)

http://www.free-minds.org/whats-name

Abdelilah

Earthdom

Salaam Ajib, spodacus and Abdellilah

For months I joining this forum, I found some important regarding bowing and prostating (ruku' and sujud).

Some members in here intepretate ruku' and sujud as phsycall shalat.Mainly they based on Classical Arabic and some tafseer books.

Some members in here intepretate ruku' and sujud as allegorical one, because the real meaning ruku' and sujud have more than one meaning rather than just phsycall bowing and prostating.

Meaning of sujud/sajada : lowly, humble, submissive, worship, adore, prostrate, make obeisance, lower/bend oneself down towards the ground, lower the head, to salute/honour/magnify, to pay respect, to stand up, to look continuedly and tranquily.

Meaning of ruku': bowed, bent, incline, humility, humble yourself, lower the head.

I will not give further explanation cause it already been discussed in the past thread.So just use search tool.Then you may found different intepretation.
It's up to you to choose what.

Peace

fihtahhathif

Islam were handed down to majority of Muslims by their parents. I was one of em. If my parents have been worshipping a a yoga mat i would probably have done that. Which doesnt mean though i love them very much, that they are right. If you ask the average muslim about the religion most if the time they cant even answer a simple question. My immediate n extended family are muslims and they hardly know anything except what they have been taught by their parents.
I started to ask questions about religion a couple of years ago and thats how i started to uncover the lies and fabrications. It was very confusing and i was in denial. I've asked myself many times the same questions u have been asking. I couldnt believe how could billions of ppl could be doing something wrong.

Life is about discovery about learning by mistakes. There is no absolute right. Salat is a personal conversation with you and god. What works for me doesnt necessarily works of anybody else. A the end of the day god will judge everybody for their effort and sincerity.

I told myself that when i stand to answer god at least i want to say i tried to find the truth rather than follow these herds of muslims to a slaughter house.  But thats jst me.

I wish you best of luck finding the truth. I hope one day you get the answers you r looking for.

hawk99

Peace,

The question for me was "which is more submissive" mental prostration
or mental + physical prostration I decided that  mental + physical prostration
is more submissive.

I submit to the lord of the worlds 

God bless

:peace:
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

PixelAngelBaby

Quote from: fihtahhathif on July 20, 2013, 10:41:04 AM

I told myself that when i stand to answer god at least i want to say i tried to find the truth rather than follow these herds of muslims to a slaughter house.

Doesn't this remind you all of the example of Abraham? :) Allah says to follow his example, in Quran. And what did he do? He did just that!
Quote from: someoneoutthere on November 23, 2012, 07:36:24 PM
...I hate these scholars looming over us, in the shadows, wherever we go they appear. Scholars, scholars, scholars...

DrGm

peace all,

can it be "be humble with those who are humble"

e.g. those who serve you are always humble.  so be humble to them.  does this fit to all and all-time to maintain peace.

peace.

hawk99

Quote from: DrGm on July 20, 2013, 11:30:27 PM

Peace DrGm,

الرَّاكِعِينَ= those who bow
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

DrGm

Quote from: DrGm on July 20, 2013, 11:30:27 PM
peace all,

e.g. those who serve you are always humble.  so be humble to them.  does this fit to all and all-time to maintain peace.

peace.

Quote from: hawk99 on July 21, 2013, 12:06:23 AM

Peace DrGm,

الرَّاكِعِينَ= those who bow

peace hawk99

i accept 'bow'.  but, when i take the meaning as humble, God willing, i can follow God's command anytime, anywhere.  i hope this will bring only peace and unity.

those who serve us are:  wife/husband, son/daughter, helpers, servants, workmen, employees, etc. to name a few

peace