Main Menu

One good reason and I'm leaving Islam

Started by Sonny, July 19, 2013, 10:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abdul-Hadi

Greetings and peace, all  :group:

Quote from: GODsubmitter on July 21, 2013, 09:41:12 AM
:bravo:

Thank you @Abdul-Hadi for this, and other 2 posts since the beginning of this thread. You show maturity and impartiality in your opinions and contributions in many other posts of yours in the entire Forum as well.

It is so good to read well balanced exposition of one's thinking and opinion.

?What a sad era when it is easier to smash an atom than a prejudice.?
― Albert Einstein

Thank you again and God bless you.

:sun:

On the other hand, why are you others bothered whether this half-civilized Sonny-guy leaves Islam or not?
What does it have to do with you? Are you advocates and defenders of religion?

Each one is accountable for own sins, no-one can substitute, or save anyone other except God Alone!

:peace:

Thank you for your kind words.  :)

I don't agree that Sonny is "half-civilized." It upset me a little to read that coming from you. :'( Maybe he posted not as an ultimatum, but as a vehicle to learn. It isn't always easy to leave the comfort of the past.

The person who insults usually expects to be replied to in kind; it throws off their "game" when one doesn't stoop to their level.

Sonny presented questions which were answered (with what evidence could be gathered). The "ball is in his court", so to speak.

ISA, the evidence may help a person or persons. Many people lurk/visit/view these forums without posting.

All persons are welcome in the Deen; does anyone really wish to be the cause of anyone leaving? If we are to invite with the best words, what words could be better than the truth?  :hmm

Everything will be only as ALLAH wills--but calm, patient truth usually carries the day, ISA.

May ALLAH see fit to Guide all seekers.

~Abdul-Hadi

Sonny

Quote from: Abdul-Hadi on July 21, 2013, 03:42:28 PM
Greetings and peace, all  :group:

Thank you for your kind words.  :)

I don't agree that Sonny is "half-civilized." It upset me a little to read that coming from you. :'( Maybe he posted not as an ultimatum, but as a vehicle to learn. It isn't always easy to leave the comfort of the past.

The person who insults usually expects to be replied to in kind; it throws off their "game" when one doesn't stoop to their level.

Sonny presented questions which were answered (with what evidence could be gathered). The "ball is in his court", so to speak.

ISA, the evidence may help a person or persons. Many people lurk/visit/view these forums without posting.

All persons are welcome in the Deen; does anyone really wish to be the cause of anyone leaving? If we are to invite with the best words, what words could be better than the truth?  :hmm

Everything will be only as ALLAH wills--but calm, patient truth usually carries the day, ISA.

May ALLAH see fit to Guide all seekers.

~Abdul-Hadi

If your version of islam is correct than I rather go to hell than heaven.

es

Salaam "hawk99",

Quote from: hawk99 on July 21, 2013, 01:05:06 PM
Peace Sonny,

Don't be a big baby, people don't always agree with me and I'm a genius  :laugh:

Stay and enjoy the forum

Have a blessed ramadan

I'm a genius too!  ;D

Quote from: Sonny on July 21, 2013, 03:46:37 PM
If your version of islam is correct than I rather go to hell than heaven.

Dear brother Sonny, Salaam.

Are you allowing your ego to get to you? If God ordains something, it is correct. I feel whether one agrees with something or not is irrelevant. Whatever we truly believe to be God's Law, we ought to abide by it. I'm not saying whether the gay issue is right or wrong, but your prejudice against homosexuals should not be the deciding factor of your faith. If it is, then perhaps you need to ask yourself whether you are serving your ego or whether you are serving God. There are things written in The Book which people are going to disagree on. Everyone has their beliefs. We should all put our points forward and decide on what we believe to be true on merit and not on purely emotional statements. This is what the Qur'an advises too.

Anyway, my initial post in this thread was to better understand the basis of your perspective. There are lots of terrible things going on in the world which God explicitly advises against-lying, cheating, fraud, adultery, murder, rape, etc. We choose not to notice this, but yet we get so hyped up about homosexuals. If you are not homosexual, then why put so much energy into homophobic bigotry. Leave people be and try to be the best human being that you can be. Don't try to agitate people who are just getting on with their lives. We shall all return to God and answer to Him. If you are insincere in your faith, if your faith is conditional upon what you expect from God, then that is a matter between you and your Creator.

God bless you, my brother.  :peace:

Peace to all.

Sajda.

GODsubmitter

The way a US citizen from the South distinguishes between sizes of trees.
Earl: "That tree shure is a biggin'."
Bubba: "Rat, but that one ova there is an even bigotry!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bigotry is the state of mind of a bigot: someone who, as a result of their prejudices, treats other people with hatred, contempt, or intolerance on the basis of a person's ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic status, or other characteristics.

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. described bigotry in the following quotation: "The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract."
God has no Religion!

God is running everything.

Peace begins with me.

Man of Faith

Peace,

No, it was in general. I am trying not to forget the word of God myself.

God bless you
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

hawk99

Quote from: es on July 21, 2013, 04:35:00 PM
Salaam "hawk99",

I'm a genius too!  ;D

Dear brother Sonny, Salaam.

Are you allowing your ego to get to you? If God ordains something, it is correct. I feel whether one agrees with something or not is irrelevant. Whatever we truly believe to be God's Law, we ought to abide by it. I'm not saying whether the gay issue is right or wrong, but your prejudice against homosexuals should not be the deciding factor of your faith. If it is, then perhaps you need to ask yourself whether you are serving your ego or whether you are serving God. There are things written in The Book which people are going to disagree on. Everyone has their beliefs. We should all put our points forward and decide on what we believe to be true on merit and not on purely emotional statements. This is what the Qur'an advises too.

Anyway, my initial post in this thread was to better understand the basis of your perspective. There are lots of terrible things going on in the world which God explicitly advises against-lying, cheating, fraud, adultery, murder, rape, etc. We choose not to notice this, but yet we get so hyped up about homosexuals. If you are not homosexual, then why put so much energy into homophobic bigotry. Leave people be and try to be the best human being that you can be. Don't try to agitate people who are just getting on with their lives. We shall all return to God and answer to Him. If you are insincere in your faith, if your faith is conditional upon what you expect from God, then that is a matter between you and your Creator.
God bless you, my brother.  :peace:
Peace to all.
Sajda.

Judging by your post, Yes you are a genius!

may you have many blessings this ramadan

The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

hawk99

Quote from: GODsubmitter on July 21, 2013, 05:17:32 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bigotry is the state of mind of a bigot: someone who, as a result of their prejudices, treats other people with hatred, contempt, or intolerance on the basis of a person's ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic status, or other characteristics.

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. described bigotry in the following quotation: "The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract."

:handshake:

Have a blessed ramadan
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

GODsubmitter

God has no Religion!

Peace begins with me.

Earthdom

Quote from: GODsubmitter on July 21, 2013, 05:17:32 PM

Good post bro, you always bring some quotes from many phylossoper in your post.It's interesting  :)

GODsubmitter

Quote from: Earthdom on July 22, 2013, 09:24:06 AM
Good post bro, you always bring some quotes from many philosopher in your post.It's interesting  :)

Thanx, glad that you appreciate it.
God has no Religion!

Peace begins with me.