About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

One good reason and I'm leaving Islam

Started by Sonny, July 19, 2013, 10:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khaliq

Quote from: PixelAngelBaby on July 20, 2013, 03:31:08 PM
Salam,

Although I sympathize with homosexuals who sincerely cannot help who they are attracted to (I can be attracted to the same sex too at times, I have always been like that), I have something to say to those who say homosexuality is natural because animals do it.

If that is true..and it is...

Then Pedophilia is natural too!

So is eating the placenta after childbirth and killing/eating family members.
Wa alaikum as-salaam. :)

While do I understand the point you are trying to make, I could not disagree more than I do. :)

Paedophilia has very, very negative effects. I know two people personally who were molested as children, one of whom is unable to have a relationship because of it. Homosexual relationships have no negative effects on those who are in them, unless it was also as children.

Homosexual relationships are between two individuals who consent to it. A child is unable to give consent because they are unable to fully think through the consequences of such actions.

We probably don't eat the placenta due to blood: only them other could really eat it and not run the risk of being ill (as it is the mother's blood). In addition, the human body cannot digest blood properly, and blood is highly rife with iron, it makes us run the risk of an iron overdose including fluid in the lungs and liver damage, which is why we do not do it; we do not have the evolutionary mechanisms to allow us to consume blood: drinking of (human) blood can kill us. Otherwise, the consumption of animal blood just runs the risk of potential illness if the animal has it, because you can't really 'cook' blood in the same way you can flesh, because it would destroy any 'benefits' that would be included within it.

Regarding natural and the eating of flesh, we have higher cognitive functions than such animals and we have an innate and instinctive taboo that goes against cannibalism: as humans, we are social beings who desire co-operation. The consumption of human flesh means that someone had to die to be eaten. To eat the flesh of someone who has died of natural causes also violates an instinctive distrust of the eating of carrion: we don't know what they died of, possibly some illness, so we shouldn't consume them. If we kill them and eat them, we are violating our innate need to be social and being aggressive; humanity relies on societies to survive, so the killing of people is not considered beneficial, especially if they are of our tribe or family.

Our instinctive repulsion and prohibition on the consumption of fellow humans is good, too, because cannibalism is dangerous: the risk of the incurable neurological disease "Kuru" increases with the consumption of human beings. The consumption of human beings in Papua New Guinea actually caused an epidemic of Kuru in Papua New Guinea in the 19th century (IIRC).

Just my $0.02. :)

GODsubmitter

Quote from: Abdul-Hadi on July 20, 2013, 02:35:19 PM
Greetings and peace, all  :group:

In any case, I'm pretty sure that all can agree that promiscuity and acting on unbridled lust fall within the understanding of what is prohibited--homosexuality/bisexuality is not a "blank check" to indulge in what is prohibited.

However, dislike of homosexuality/homosexual acts is not a blank check to be ugly to other people, either.

4:36 And serve GOD and do not set up anything with Him, and do good to the parents, and the relatives, and the orphans, and the needy, and the neighbor who is a relative, and the neighbor nearby, and the friend nearby, and the wayfarer, and those maintained by your oaths. GOD does not love the arrogant, the boastful.

4:86 And if you are greeted with a greeting, then return an even better greeting or return the same. GOD is Reckoning over all things.

4:94 O you who believe, if you go forth in the cause of GOD, you shall investigate carefully. And do not say to those who greet you with peace: "You are not a believer!" You are seeking the vanity of this world; but with GOD are many riches. That is how you were before, but GOD graced you, so investigate carefully. GOD is expert over what you do.

2:44 Do you exhort the people to do good, but forget yourselves, while you are reciting the Book? Do you not comprehend?

49:11 O you who believe, let not any people ridicule other people, for they may be better than they. Nor shall any women ridicule other women, for they may be better than they. Nor shall you mock one another, or call each other names; miserable indeed is the name of wickedness after attaining faith. And anyone who does not repent, then these are the transgressors.

10:109 And follow what is being inspired to you and be patient until God judges. And He is the best of judges.

5:8 O you who believe, stand for GOD and be witnesses for justice, and let not the hatred towards a people make you avoid being just. Be just, for it is closer to righteousness, and be aware of GOD. GOD is expert over what you do.

2:256 There is no compulsion in the system; the proper way has been clarified from the wrong way. Whoever rejects evil, and believes in GOD, indeed he has taken grasp of the strongest hold that will never break. GOD is Hearer, Knower.

ALLAH knows best.

:peace:

~Abdul-Hadi

:bravo:

Thank you @Abdul-Hadi for this, and other 2 posts since the beginning of this thread. You show maturity and impartiality in your opinions and contributions in many other posts of yours in the entire Forum as well.

It is so good to read well balanced exposition of one's thinking and opinion.

?What a sad era when it is easier to smash an atom than a prejudice.?
― Albert Einstein

Thank you again and God bless you.

:sun:

On the other hand, why are you others bothered whether this half-civilized Sonny-guy leaves Islam or not?
What does it have to do with you? Are you advocates and defenders of religion?

Each one is accountable for own sins, no-one can substitute, or save anyone other except God Alone!

God has no Religion!

God is running everything.

Peace begins with me.

Sonny

Quote from: GODsubmitter on July 21, 2013, 09:41:12 AM
:bravo:

Thank you @Abdul-Hadi for this, and other 2 posts since the beginning of this thread. You show maturity and impartiality in your opinions and contributions in many other posts of yours in the entire Forum as well.

It is so good to read well balanced exposition of one's thinking and opinion

He is mature? He compare Quran to Alistair Crowleys book of the law.

I'm leaving this forum.

Azz

Quote from: Sonny on July 21, 2013, 11:32:27 AM

I'm leaving this forum and I will even create a website which will warn people to not join here.

Where has he compared the Quran to Crowley's works? Was it in this thread or a previous one? and what was the context of him doing so?

What are you even gonna warn people about, that x person disagrees with what you think? Unsourced and out-of-context, as per the usual method of anti-muslim rhetoric is? I can't even tell what you're trying to argue anymore (it can't be the homosexual thing because the majority of people here seem to agree with you on that) but if whoever's upsetting you is so wrong, why not just present hard proofs?  and why are you so sensitive/insecure to other people's views anyway?

kgwithnob

Quote from: Sonny on July 21, 2013, 11:32:27 AM

I'm leaving this forum.

Chill out Sonny. Just pay a bit more attention to the TITLE of the forum, i.e. ?FREE-MINDS?, People here; as long as they abide by the rules of the forum, are entitled to express their opinions. So, try to be reasonable and at the same time stand your ground through REASONING. Let your mind rule over your heart, not the other way around. Emotions are an integral part of our being, but logic comes first. So, you better come out of it and stay on the right track till the TRUTH finds its way out by letting others decide for themselves on different topics and issues in a calm and peaceful atmosphere. Be patient. GOD is with the patient people and loves them too. See 8:46 and 3:146.

Peace,
Khalil

hawk99

Peace Sonny,

Don't be a big baby, people don't always agree with me and I'm a genius  :laugh:

Stay and enjoy the forum

Have a blessed ramadan

The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

Man of Faith

Peace,

"Half-civilized"? I think the level is pretty low here.

God bless you
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

diamantinehoneybunch

Quote from: Man of Faith on July 21, 2013, 02:22:12 PM
Peace,

"Half-civilized"? I think the level is pretty low here.

God bless you

Salaam,

What do you mean by "the level is pretty low here"?
This profile is dead. It was assasinated by its owner :D

I am no longer of an adherent or believer of any religion. So some of my views that have been expressed here may no longer represent or reflect my current views.

Man of Faith

Peace,

I just mean that we are forgetting the word of God.

God bless you
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

hawk99

Quote from: Man of Faith on July 21, 2013, 02:41:35 PM
Peace,

I just mean that we are forgetting the word of God.

God bless you

Peace Man of Faith,

I think maybe you should have said "I" instead of "we" or if there is someone you are
referring to please be specific.

Have a blessed Ramadan

The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden