News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Gratitude

Started by the path of light, April 14, 2013, 10:22:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supportpeacenotwar

Peace savage_carrot,

In that case, I may have misunderstood the reason you put that there. I didn't mean to cause offense, just like you found my question strange, I found that phrasing unusual because I thought it went without saying that yours and everyones posts is keeping the spirit of the thread in mind... so I was wondering if there is a type of thanks that this thread is geared towards. i.e. more literal everyday things and items. It's not too difficult to interpret what you put that way. My question really wasn't meant in hostility.
The above post may no longer represent my beliefs based on evidence and considering such topics further.
I no longer follow a "Quran only" approach.
I would simply say I follow Islam.

hawk99

Peace Family,

I am grateful to God for:

1.  The people he sent to help me out of difficult situations.

2.  Blessing me with the daughter I have.

3.  Cinnamon

4.  Peaceful environment

5.  All the love that surrounds me.

God Bless you all

:peace:
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

hawk99

Peace Family,

I am grateful to God for,

1.  Having brother sujud stop by my house to engage in a discussion about the deen.
     Praise God

2.  Grapes

3.  Relaxing drive to my destination

savage_carrot

Quote from: supportpeacenotwar on June 12, 2013, 11:22:04 AM
Peace savage_carrot,

In that case, I may have misunderstood the reason you put that there. I didn't mean to cause offense, just like you found my question strange, I found that phrasing unusual because I thought it went without saying that yours and everyones posts is keeping the spirit of the thread in mind... so I was wondering if there is a type of thanks that this thread is geared towards. i.e. more literal everyday things and items. It's not too difficult to interpret what you put that way. My question really wasn't meant in hostility.

No worries peacenotwar, no offense taken and thanks for the clarification :)

Today I am grateful for:

1) Project Eternity
2) Lovecraft
3) Cheap phone packages allowing one the liberty to argue for hours as if they never left home. And in some cases, why they left.
4) Red velvet cake
5) Guerlain
God has a plan, Gaius. He has a plan for everything and everyone.

hawk99

Peace Family,

1.  Best fathers day ever

2.  Rain

3.  Cool nights

4.  98 year old neighbor need my arm and we went for a walk

5.  Good choices

ONE GOD

es

What a lovely thread.

I am grateful for:

-being guided

-being blessed with some sense of logic, rationale, compassion, kindness

-having the blessing of all my senses to near perfection to experience this wonderful world which Allah S.W.T. has created

-the air which acts as a conduit to feed my cells

-sunshine, and rain too

-shelter and food

-birds singing, dolphins swimming

-being guided away from unhealthy and productive people

-the solitude; the loneliness; the uncertain barrenness

-this forum and the select few most wonderful people I have encountered on here. They probably don't know who they are, but I am grateful to Allah for having them in my life, nonetheless

-my Simba

-the love of my life: my beautiful, amazing mother

I am grateful for this wonderful life with all its trials and tribulations; the joy amongst the sorrow, and the peace which accompanies the loneliness. For all this, and more, I am grateful.

es

Quote from: es on June 28, 2013, 08:52:39 PM-being guided away from unhealthy and productive people

Clearly, I am not grateful for being guided away from "productive" people. It should read, "unproductive". For clarification, I don't mind "unhealthy" people either too much.

Sajda.

hawk99

Peace Family,

1.  Honey

2.  Surah fatihah

3.  Summer season

4.  Guidance

5.  A sense of well-being

Quote from: es on June 28, 2013, 08:52:39 PM
-my Simba

Peace es,

what is a simba, your present avatar is nice, the the avatar of the beautiful woman was better

supportpeacenotwar

Quote from: es on June 28, 2013, 08:52:39 PM

-this forum and the select few most wonderful people I have encountered on here. They probably don't know who they are, but I am grateful to Allah for having them in my life, nonetheless

-my Simba

-the love of my life: my beautiful, amazing mother

I am grateful for this wonderful life with all its trials and tribulations; the joy amongst the sorrow, and the peace which accompanies the loneliness. For all this, and more, I am grateful.

Peace es,

That's a little mysterious and intruiging... I wonder who those people are. In terms of myself, you're definitely one of the contributors I missed before. I wondered where you got to! Along with members such as JewishDude and a few others. This place felt different when I first came here when there were some other topics going and other people here, some who have left. Although, it could just be because I was new to this place.

And I know its cliched but you aren't alone... I'm not saying this applies to you, its just something I thought of... but I feel we forget nature, a gift from Allah swt. Sometimes we focus so much on people but what about nature - Allah swt says that all the things we see, they are submitted to Him. They're alive and they're part of us. It's as though that's a very hippy thing to think, but its a fact. We also don't have to go far to know 'nature' is in fact all around us and everything we use and create is from what Allah swt has bestowed upon us originally coming from nature. So even in urban areas we are still connected to and a part of nature. In nature/existence all living things are interdependent and we are all dependent on God swt.

With regards to the thread: I am thankful to Allah swt for showing me that my spirituality does not need to be limited and that it can be much more open, and that it will not change my faith and love for Him.
The above post may no longer represent my beliefs based on evidence and considering such topics further.
I no longer follow a "Quran only" approach.
I would simply say I follow Islam.

es

Quote from: hawk99 on July 04, 2013, 08:21:01 AMPeace es,

what is a simba, your present avatar is nice, the the avatar of the beautiful woman was better

See my avatar for clarification. THAT is my Simba!

As for the beautiful woman, I suppose that's me that you're talking about. I don't think I'd agree. I look atrocious in photos. I definitely look much better in person. However, thank you for the compliment!

Quote from: supportpeacenotwar on July 04, 2013, 08:44:48 AM
Peace es,

That's a little mysterious and intruiging... I wonder who those people are. In terms of myself, you're definitely one of the contributors I missed before. I wondered where you got to! Along with members such as JewishDude and a few others. This place felt different when I first came here when there were some other topics going and other people here, some who have left. Although, it could just be because I was new to this place.

Thank you for your kind words.

In  regards to whom I'm referring to. Well, there are a few candidates. I wouldn't want to name them, but I have the privilege of sharing personal communication with them. Of course, some folk are more dear to me than others. It's just such a shame they don't live in my neighbourhood!

Quote from: supportpeacenotwar on July 04, 2013, 08:44:48 AM
Peace es,

And I know its cliched but you aren't alone... I'm not saying this applies to you, its just something I thought of... but I feel we forget nature, a gift from Allah swt. Sometimes we focus so much on people but what about nature - Allah swt says that all the things we see, they are submitted to Him. They're alive and they're part of us. It's as though that's a very hippy thing to think, but its a fact. We also don't have to go far to know 'nature' is in fact all around us and everything we use and create is from what Allah swt has bestowed upon us originally coming from nature. So even in urban areas we are still connected to and a part of nature. In nature/existence all living things are interdependent and we are all dependent on God swt.

Yes, we do forget nature. I think nature is very important and I appreciate it greatly. Hence, listing birds, dolphins and Simba. However, I would like to have children one day and, of course, for that, I require a husband. Insh'Allah, as Allah SWT wills.

Salaam.  :peace:

Sajda.