News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

We are God

Started by Jane, January 29, 2013, 01:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man of Faith

Salaam God submitter,

Perhaps God originally created us in His image, the soul traits I mean by that, but when we sinned by letting Satan fool us God infused an equal part of the evil spirit instead, commonly referred to as Jinn soul, so that we could on our journey here on Earth to choose to side with the good part of our soul (God's share) or choose to follow the treacherous part of the soul belonging to Satan, whose wish is to follow Satan's original wish for revenge by misleading the human souls on Earth.

I think there is little we know about the true story actually, but I think we are born with a dual identity (borderline disorder ;) as God punished us by infusing two different spirits into us, God's original image and Satan's Jinn soul (only Satan). That is why we can have so many problems making up our mind in this world perhaps?

Perhaps why God makes a distinction between the left and right part of body, if you recall that God will give the record in different hands on the Judgment Day depending on where we will end up. Have you never felt an inner conflict and feeling like each part of the brain want to go in different directions?

This is highly philosophical, but I have a feeling that on the Judgment Day the other part of us will go on its own path, possibly saved if we are redeemed by God. That might be why God has a Paradise waiting both one for humans and one for jinns.

And He will have Hell ready for humans and jinns.

This might be why Islam is so compatible with spiritual religions such as Buddhism or native American religious belief.

God bless you
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

Farabi

No God is something beyond our comprehension. He create space, something that human cannot do. He is beyond everything. Complexity of seed, tree, human vertilization, it is beyon everything.
At first I thought I'll be neutral by replacing my emotional attachment, what then happened was, I switch my side from the other extreme to the other one. I had no idea what is neutrality.

Fikachu

God is not separate from I or you - therefore I am God and you are God, we are all God!

Not to be rude but you are confusing Pantheism with Tawhid

kylixguru

Quote from: kylixguru on April 17, 2013, 11:08:07 PM
I am not God and I cannot be God, but if I am sanctified and worthy I can enter into union with the Father as Jesus did and become a member of God's body of flesh and bone.

That's more or less the whole point of religious attainment is it not? To enjoy communion with God?
Does anyone have a response to my efforts to contribute?

This seems to be happening to all of my posts. Should I even bother to stick around here?
While the Qur'an contains critical truths, it is completely meaningless without the foundation of the Torah and the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Also, there are additional sacred texts that have been given since the Qur'an that if dismissed will simply deny oneself of the promised blessings foretold.

kgwithnob

Quote from: kylixguru on July 29, 2013, 09:41:56 PM
Does anyone have a response to my efforts to contribute?

This seems to be happening to all of my posts. Should I even bother to stick around here?

Here is my humble opinion regarding your posts.

No offense, but your posts are all IDEALISTIC man-made PHILOSOPHICAL nonsense and gibberish, just like the shee'ah sect arguments, making me go to sleep if continue reading them. Even the language you are using is foreign to me. is it English? You don't make any sense at all! :brickwall:

Peace,
Khalil

Jane

Seriously loving the discussion here, thanks everyone. And no, this thread is NOT a joke, for the people who suggested that: I have better things to do than to make mischief. NOR was I saying that I thought I am God or that humans are gods alongside God, I was obviously not saying that!! Please open your minds before you jump in with your condescending words.

The discussion is whether we are a part of God rather than apart from God as traditional religion, in particular christianity which I grew up with, seems to teach (we are created in God's image on earth down here whilst Jesus/God is an old man sat up there on a cloud etc).

No, I sincerely wish to understand the  opposing viewpoints I have of God as:

1) all that is                   

.....but at the same time....

2) separate from me

Buddhists teach that all pain comes from separation, the illusion that we are separate from the universe i.e. the Ego, leading us to misery on earth and hell in the hereafter. If the Ego separates us from God it is because the Ego separates from us from ourself which is how we EXPERIENCE God I think. The Quran says that when God created us he blew into us with his spirit, orders us to kill our Egos and tells us he is closer to us than our jugular vein which makes it sound like God is within ourselves.

This begets the question: is our experience of life, our consciousness, our awareness of ourselves, is this God? God is our true self once we have stripped ourselves of our Ego?

To know my innerself is to know God. This is the understanding I have come back to as it was the one I had when I was a small child (before being indoctrined by the church) which no one taught me but I seemed to feel naturally, therefore I am apt to trust it.

PEACE

Affy77

I have to agree been trying to find a topic on mediatation

I gave up salat about a year ago as i cant understand the real meaning of it in the quran. God has not shown me this yet. I dont really understand what salat is hence blindly doing it is against my faith (i used to) so i stopped. Until God doesnt show me i will not indulge in it. However this didnt mean my thirst or need to connect with the one is gone. So i began talking to God on my own when i needed to . Then a few months ago i was introduced to Transcendental Meditation (TM) and have tried it a few times and i have to say it really does feel like i have connected and since i have been calmer and clearer in a lot of things in my life. The main purpose of TM  aligns perfectly with many peoples responses to this thread where the belief is that we need to clear our mind of all sub consious buzz or thought to connect. Even thinking that you are bored is a thought and so just trying hard not to  think is not the correct way. Instead one has to adopt a mantra which bascially slowly becomes the focus of your thoughts and your mind slowly starts to discard all other thoughts bar the mantra. Then slowly the mantra will also go and you will transcend. Its at this point when you finally do transcend that you start the connect. This kind of aligns to the verses in the quran instructing us to use a monotoen mid range voice to say salat (this maybe the mantra effect that is required to clear our heads?)

The feeling is rather euphoric and amazing i have to say and you really do become aquinted with your inner self and you actually see everything so much more clearly. After this expereince i have come to some conclusions about this whole thing.

-Quran tells us that god created us in his image and breathed his spirit into us, he is closer than the jugular vien and omnipresent. He has all the attributes that we seek and they are infiinite. All other religions underneath the rituals, legends and fables have the same basic message. This has clearly been distorted over time by ALL religions inclduing so called what you see today islam.
- Science proves that when we meditate or pray a part of our brain that is also now known as the "god part" becomes active and is ONLY active at the time of these types of activities. To me this may be the line or connection? When that part becomes active then you are in the correct state to make a connection or "transcend". http://www.godpart.com/
- TM claims the following - Once you transend you enter into a pool of infinitive love, peace, clarity. everything that god promises a "believer". We can start to control the universe and its effect on us as individuals....http://www.tm.org/benefits-of-meditation
- These side effects can be true of any type of meditation which also includes fasting which leads me to believe that is why the god ordererd us and the prophets to fast as this seems to purifies us in a way that helps us get divine assistance or enables our physical self to transend into our spiritual self. The lack of food helps our brain clear as the thoughts of food begin to over power all other thoughts and slowly even that thought goes leaving us to easily transcend when we pray.

My logic has never failed me therefore, I have come to the conclusion that organised religion should not exist at all and was never intended to exist. God is not looking for our worship but knows that this act of worship will bring us closer to our goal (if only we knew). God does not need our rituals or our religion, we do not need to go around the kaaba or any other shrine for that matter. However i do think now (and thought is something that evolves, so this may change over time also) that we are here to learn some things,to agree on some things and with that knowledge we can become the celestial beings we so strive to be in the next life. This knowledge or clarity will not come if we do not "kill our ego" , discard "religion" and do not transend.

Its only when we become aquinted with our real self (the spirit) we unlock the code of life and beyond. Our purpose is not to gain the wealth and name in this world but rather is all about rediscovering our real self and learn the key things we need to know in order to get to the higher place (higher doesnt mean heaven but more higher intellect or dimension). This is why the true believers will never be short of anything they desire. They will create their own destiny through the powers vested in them by the creator. He wants us to strive and this is what that struggle is about in my opinion and nothing else matters.

It all sounds rather complicated but just close your eyes and find a word or mantra that you want and off you go. The possibilities are limitless and only by trying will you expereince this. At no point in any of this is there shirk or any other negative things. Negative is something our ego tells us. Ignore that and your good to go. I hope my thoughts make sense if not then at least i tried.

I hope my expereince inspires someone and becomes a catalyst for others to attempt transending.

Peace

Affy

p.s - I am exteremly excited about the article that one of the authors of a post is writing where meditation is explored in the Quran. Of course its in there, we just have to decipher it  and bring it to light inshallah.
"To Allah we belong and to him is our return" 2:155

Scribbler

The title of this thread is totally blasphemous.
Turn to Allah before you turn to ashes.

Man of Faith

Peace affy,

Just do not forget the Communion (salah) in a moderate tone. Meaning having a connection to God. Well, I will be revealing more about that in my Nearness and Guidance thread. But you are right that you ought to meditate for quite some time per day to be optimally serving God as per chapter 73 of 'The Book' (Qur'an).

God bless you

ps. I think I could agree that the title of the thread is inappropriate.
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

Joe Betik

Quote from: Joe Betik on March 15, 2013, 07:43:04 PM
'Meditation in the Qur-an' is a topic that I am currently writing for discussions in 'Sufism Without Borders' (on yahoogroups). And I hope to post the same article on FM too, since I have noticed that past discussions on 'meditation' in FM has been somewhat sporadic.

In the intended article i will, insha allah, be discussing on the origins and types of meditations, perhaps on how to perform meditations, the objectives and benefits, as well as what could happen to us when we perform meditations. The meditations by Moosa will undoubtedly be a special highlight, as also the meditations by Muhammad the nabiyy.

I will post the article as soon as possible but i sensed that it may take a week or two, or perhaps even a month or two to prepare based on the notes that I have made in my studies of the Qur-an.

May God guide us all correctly.

Cheers!
Mohammed Noh

Salam all,

The article is still in the works. But I'll post it as soon it is ready.

Apologies in the meantime.

mohammed noh
"When you realize the difference between the container and the content,
you will have knowledge."

- Idries Shah