Author Topic: 'The Game Allegory'  (Read 4077 times)

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
'The Game Allegory'
« on: January 14, 2013, 06:37:21 AM »
Peace,

I have been doing some heavy philosophical thinking for quite some time about something I call 'the game allegory'. It is an attempt at explaining the life we live here on Earth from a different perspective. Observe that we shall all take this story lightly, as an alternative way of comprehending the meaning of life.

I have for quite some time already started to perceive the world we live in as a sort of game, although a very real game, where you have only one life and you cannot mess around for your score at the end will determine whether you qualify for Heaven or not. The verse in the Quran telling this world is just a temporary illusion boosted my feeling of a game.

Anyway, I will start my allegory from the beginning.

1. The game creation

God made a new race called human. And He created a physical game world for it with amazing features and the size of it is enormous. The reason for making all this was to make a trial for his new race, the human, to see if it could live up to His standards, after a prototype human male named Adam and his wife failed a first test, which was eating the forbidden fruit in God's garden after Satan duped him.

Everything we know in our life is part of a huge game world. God created it all.

He executed the game world construction through something known as 'Big Bang' where everything exploded into existence, shaping the universe with its astronomical amount of planets, stars and other things, which is continuously expanding until He destroys it all in pre-programmed scenario known as 'the Hour', after which God will shut down His server and extract all character (soul) data and classify each played character in three categories through a judgment process.

2. Terraforming Earth

After creating the universe, God began to terraform the Earth, adding whatever game elements needed for the test. He had created certain rules, how things should work and thus the so-called "laws of physics" were added as main parameters, as well as all other limits as we know them. He created a self-sufficient planet with renewable resources, a very amazingly well-developed platform, yet it was very easy for God to do it.

To make things more intriguing He created evolution, the biological process, which God is in ultimate control of. Evolution is part of the game features.

3. Insertion of the character (soul)

Now that God's game was compiled, and up and running, he began by spawning Adam and Eve's souls into physical bodies on Eart. They were told why they were put on Earth and they began to reproduce.

Now we are all descendants of Adam, our souls spawned into the newly created babies and the soul gradually becomes aware of its existence after a while.

4. Character control

Our souls are completely empty of knowledge as we begin gameplay, as they were made from scratch and we need to acquire all necessary information. Human characters have an autonomous function which is called imitate and new characters who are not fully mature will most of all learn by imitating adults and peers.

As the human becomes older he/she will be less dependant on imitating others, although many will continue having idols they keep imitating.

Now the character can choose to be a good person or a bad person and is free to choose his/her behavior. God created many vanities to see who would indulge themselves in these or who would reflect upon creation and use intelligence and wisdom to obtain guidance.

God has given the character full control to make choices, which will affect the game story and the ending.

5. Choosing the path

The Light side

The further on the light side a character struggles to get, the more guidance and wisdom it will get and it will sooner or later gain certainty.

Good deeds will give light side points, multiplied by 10, a high points score will give many righteous buffs (benefits) in form of blessings, such as divine intervention, certainty, wisdom, tranquility etc. A high score will also affect the game ending.

The Dark side

Evil and selfish characters will generate dark side points, which although may give wealth and fame in this world, but will lead to a the worst ending of the game.

God will curse evil characters with various debuffs (negative modifiers) like blindness and deafness to awareness of spiritual guidance, impatience, aggression, intolerance etc.

The dark path has its bonuses too, although temporary, since the character does not care about lying or frauds, and may therefore hoard money to his benefit and gain fame among his people through indulging himself in vain desires.

The evil character will be susceptible to something called the whispers of Satan, further leading him on the evil path, by being inspired by ideas generated by this master of evil. This is a strong buff which may generate wealth, but at the great cost of others.

6. The score system

There are two kind of points accumulated, light side points and dark side points. Below I will explain examples of what generates points from each category.

Light side points

Charity, kindness, devotion to God, righteousness, modesty, chastity, being humble and many more.

Dark side points

Being stingy, arrogant, selfish, violent, bad mouthed, disrespectful, wasteful, idol worshiper, fraudulent, a thief/robber,a criminal, a murderer and much more.

7. Game end

God will shut down the game world at an unspecified time after a violent breakdown of his created world. All character data will be extracted and God will give his final judgment based on the scores.

This will divide all people in three categories, Elite, Righteous or Hellbound.

Elites were those who really worshiped God alone and in a distinct way performed righteous deeds and were aware of the traps of God's trial, such as selfishness, arrogance and the hoarding of money.

The Righteous were those who worshiped God alone and performed righteous deeds and tried to stay away from God's traps, but did less good than those in the Elite category.

The losers of this game was those in the Hellbound category. They failed to worship God alone without having idols like Muhammad or their money and lives. They could not resist the whispers of Satan and did not do enough righteous deeds and they were over-indulged in vain desires and sins.

9. Destiny (the recompense)

Elites will dwell close to God in high Heaven in eternal bliss in a place with maximum rewards and pleasure. They will live happily forever after.

Righteous will live in lower Heaven, a place with fine rewards and pleasure. They will not be as close to God as the Elites, but they will live in happiness.

Hellbound people will live in a new place God calls Hell. They will live in a place with very poor standard, no rewards and all kinds of misfortune will befall them.

10. Conclusion

Seeing that this life is just a temporary illusion, a dead-serious game, we need to be aware of what God requires from us and stop living only by our own ego. We must refrain from trying to prove ourselves in arrogant ways to other people or all such sins. We must spare our coin, not just little but the excess of our belongings, i.e. Stop hoarding and buying unnecessary vain things. Wake up today and read the true guide, the Quran and live in the way of God.

Remember God has said most people do not believe without committing idol worship, He means not only idolizing persons, but also the ego, property and so on.

Final note: This article may be expanded at some point, meanwhile I hope you enjoy my philosophical work.

Disclaimer: I reserve myself from factual errors or typoes, I did not edit the text much. The main principle is what is important here.

May God bless us
Website reference: http://iamthatiam.boards.net

savage_carrot

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +16/-2
Re: 'The Game Allegory'
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 10:51:38 AM »
Nice post MoF...I agree generally with your main principle. Recently have been playing around with the idea of parallel lives in different settings, including all possible choices one can/would make etc which makes the 'game' more interesting and may fill in possible plot holes and even the playing field. Anyways, refreshing to read.

peace
God has a plan, Gaius. He has a plan for everything and everyone.

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 11:58:02 AM »
Peace savage_carrot,

Thank you.

I could have spent more time elaborating the ideas and editing the text, but I was tired of writing. Doing this on a smartphone, so got tired of tapping the screen, heh.

Also I have another article I want to begin working on and it is about the parallel between an atom's structure
and the solar system. I think there lies a great mystery and a hidden truth in it.

I am still meditating on that topic and no clue where to begin yet.

My theory is that everything is in layer from the atom and the molecules they form and to the solar system's position in a galaxy making a sort of pattern too. It may be those layers the Quran speaks about.

Like this thread it is highly philosophical and I can certainly not validate it using science.

I will return when I have given it more thought.

But it is the thinking around the gravity phenomenon, why everything seems to be orbiting something. Even inside an atom. Conventional scientists are limited to their narrow-mindness about man-made science, but I am not. I try to think out-of-the-box and I do not want to really prove anything, just see a connection and, God willing, feel God's hand in it all.

It is such a deep topic it will take some time.

May God help

savage_carrot

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +16/-2
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 01:38:12 PM »
Impressive, I usually give up after a line of text if i'm using a phone. Sounds awesome tbh, would definitely like to read it when you think you've got something...or even just to bounce ideas off or something. Will look forward to it.
God has a plan, Gaius. He has a plan for everything and everyone.

IAMOP

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 01:52:03 PM »
In about 7-8 years of reading these forums I'd have to put this in the top 10 must-read threads.

Nice summary, flawless in fact. This is entirely supported by science/mathematics; let not readers be deceived by the word 'theory' as game theory is a matter not of evidence but of geometry.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_theory

Game theory is a study of strategic decision making. More formally, it is "the study of mathematical models of conflict and cooperation between intelligent rational decision-makers."[1] An alternative term suggested "as a more descriptive name for the discipline" is interactive decision theory.[2] Game theory is mainly used in economics, political science, and psychology, as well as logic and biology. The subject first addressed zero-sum games, such that one person's gains exactly equal net losses of the other participant(s). Today, however, game theory applies to a wide range of class relations, and has developed into an umbrella term for the logical side of science, to include both human and non-humans, like computers. Classic uses include a sense of balance in numerous games, where each person has found or developed a tactic that cannot successfully better his results, given the other approach.

Modern game theory began with the idea regarding the existence of mixed-strategy equilibria in two-person zero-sum games and its proof by John von Neumann. Von Neumann's original proof used Brouwer's fixed-point theorem on continuous mappings into compact convex sets, which became a standard method in game theory and mathematical economics. His paper was followed by his 1944 book Theory of Games and Economic Behavior, with Oskar Morgenstern, which considered cooperative games of several players. The second edition of this book provided an axiomatic theory of expected utility, which allowed mathematical statisticians and economists to treat decision-making under uncertainty.

This theory was developed extensively in the 1950s by many scholars. Game theory was later explicitly applied to biology in the 1970s, although similar developments go back at least as far as the 1930s. Game theory has been widely recognized as an important tool in many fields. Eight game-theorists have won the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences, and John Maynard Smith was awarded the Crafoord Prize for his application of game theory to biology.

This of course leads entirely into other branches of truth such as computer science, information theory, linguistics, mathematics, physics, biology, chemistry and all assorted derivatives. Truly the signs are everywhere, we know the entire backbone of the game's code as it is the very thing we run on. There is no mystery to this game as it is entirely open source, an entirely self-consistent self-resonating repeating code, the fingerprint of which is captured in The Book or The Reading.

Post up what you got, moar boar wants moar  :eat:
As you fall asleep and wake up to a new day
So shall you enter your grave and arise to the last

"Now no person knows what delights of the eye are kept hidden for them - as a reward for their deeds" (32:17)

youssef4342

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 07:15:33 PM »
This reminds me of the presentation "The Worldly Illusion" on
http://www.masjidtucson.org/conference/2009/index.html
Facebook Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/310518545650653/

"Fear not those who can kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear the one who can destroy both the soul and the body in hell." (Matthew 10:28)

sushi1992

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 05:49:27 AM »
Fantastic Man Of Faith. As a programmer, I totally understand this theory or concept and it's a great piece of philosophical thinking :). One I'll bookmark ;).

:peace:
Allah created all in the world for you to live and use. Use your knowledge, heart, mind and soul to determine your path in guidance with God, the Designer and Creator, and you shall succeed as a right

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 09:48:55 AM »
Peace,

Thank you all.

I felt that thinking about life in this manner may help being more aware of the meaning of it. And it makes it certain that every action counts, no matter good or bad, and is recorded and never forgotten.

Being stingy and indulged in this world are the biggest traps after idol worship and we must remember this "game" has a time limit, after the time has run out it is too late because the record will then be assessed.

I also felt that looking at life as a game helped me distance myself from its vanities, which has made me organise my priorities better.

Another is that doing good deeds is accumulating invisible but important points.

You have maybe played games like 'Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic' and noted that it may give more money or make progress easier if you choose to play as a bad guy. But if you see those around you in the game world being hurt your conscience comes into play.

That game also shows how being bad negatively affects those around you.

Being good to someone feels great, but still we are often afraid of being generous or charitable, probably because of being different. The problem may lie in our likelihood of imitating others. If others are not charitable we risk falling in the same trap, because we subconsciously and instinctively follow others through imitation.

But through 'thegameallegory' we can see ourselves more like actors in a huge game world where we control our own fates by our actions.

These were my thoughts, hope they help.

May God bless the righteous

Zulf

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 01:44:16 PM »
I always enjoy stuff that gives people an opportunity to think of something in a different way, through different terms, from another angle etc. Stimulating our perception and how we relate to and make sense of things is a great thing to do... because it prevents mental stagnation and virtual blindness...

:)
If you name me, you negate me.

youssef4342

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 04:54:29 PM »
Your post also reminds me of the movie AVATAR, where the characters were put into "game" bodies. This could represent the soul being put into the body.
Facebook Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/310518545650653/

"Fear not those who can kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear the one who can destroy both the soul and the body in hell." (Matthew 10:28)