About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Muslim Atheism

Started by muslims, June 29, 2014, 05:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawk99

Peace Israfeel,

We agree in principle.

Please read post preceding yours with ayat 7/143 at the end.

What's a Qur'anists ?

God bless

:peace:
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

Israfeel

Quote from: hawk99 on October 03, 2014, 09:59:42 AM
Peace Israfeel,

We agree in principle.

Please read post preceding yours with ayat 7/143 at the end.

What's a Qur'anists ?

God bless

I'm very glad to hear that Mr. Hawk.

By the term Qur'anist I mean the tendency to emphasize the Qur'an alone and either reject the Sunna entirely or mitigate its importance.
My Website:
www.salvation-from-hell.com

Man of Faith

This is why I dislike labels, if now pantheism advocates an impersonal or not imminent God then this is wrong, because it is an entity with its own intelligence which in fact is we who have a share of it. The description poorly suits what I was talking about. But Allah is not an object or in any particular location but is omnipresent and sustains this world.

Be of one with God
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

Zulf

Yes, labels tend to screw things up for us when talking about Allah.
Labels also tend to give a dichotomous light to things: personal or impersonal, this or that. We lose alot when we only allow ourselves to think in black and white.
If you name me, you negate me.

hawk99

Peace,

There is nothing wrong with labels because labels serve as identifiers, the problem however is that when labels
are given to others as a pejorative, then it becomes "name calling" and violates Islam. (see 49/11)  The Sunni's
sect is not a pejorative since they named themselves or at least accept the moniker.  The term Qur'anist is a
pejorative given those who do not adhere to hadith and sunna but are Muslim.    The name given to us by Abraham
was Muslim (2/132),  that is what we all are, naming oneself other than that is not from Quran but an innovation.

Quote from: Israfeel on October 03, 2014, 10:13:41 AM
By the term Qur'anist I mean the tendency to emphasize the Qur'an alone and either reject the Sunna entirely or mitigate its importance.

Thank you for your reply, there are Muslims who have different interpretations of the revelation and that will always
be the case, however there is only one God and only one truth and the journey to find the truth must not be encumbered
by ego, tradition, culture, race or ethnicity.  Some of us Muslims have discovered that the sunna and the hadith has problems,
but still hold the Quran as sacred.  The question being "how can submitting to God's word be wrong"?

Quote from: Zulf on October 03, 2014, 11:11:00 AM
Yes, labels tend to screw things up for us when talking about Allah.

Defining Allah by other than his attributes in my opinion is risky.

God bless

The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden