Author Topic: New article: What is the meaning of "al masjid al haram"?  (Read 55555 times)

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +14/-2
Re: New article: What is the meaning of "al masjid al haram"?
« Reply #340 on: October 06, 2020, 12:59:16 PM »
The $100 USD challenge

http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/meaning-masjid-al-haram-Quran.html

If you can find an article (written in English) that can provide a Quran-based answer that explains the above highlighted verses please share it here. If I think the attempt is reasonable you will be rewarded with $100. Or you may opt for it to be donated to a charity of your choosing. Proof of donation will be provided in that case.

Increased to $200. Please search all the Quran based islam writers (in English) and find me an article, thanks.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

Mazhar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: New article: What is the meaning of "al masjid al haram"?
« Reply #341 on: October 21, 2020, 01:32:55 PM »
//Conclusion of parts 1, 2, 3
The Quranic evidence weighs the evidence in favour of SJD meaning "to submit/honour/pay respect", "masjid" meaning "time of SJD", "al masjid al haram" meaning "the inviolable time of SJD" (i.e. the term referring to the time-period/event of the inviolable months). This understanding provides a logical, coherent and practical answer throughout, and helps answer some of the most difficult questions in Quran exegesis (e.g. 17:1-8, 17:60, 48:27, 2:142-150).//

What does it mean or convey to the reader?