News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

New article: What is the meaning of "al masjid al haram"?

Started by Wakas, October 07, 2012, 07:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

good logic

Peace Wakas.
You say, quote:
"This can only be done once the evidence is on the table, so to speak".

In this case, you should carry on looking for the evidence (unless there is a group of you studying/taking on this task) , when you draw your conclusion(Whatever you have found/not found...etc) ,others can then look at your whole argument/findings and comment.

When going through your work on "Al masjid Al haram" , I did not understand why you required the list.
Thank you for clarifying.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28[/url]

Wakas

peace,

GL, the quest to improve one's understanding is never ending so yes this will continue. One of the point of putting the article out there, is so that others who differ in view can bring their evidence/explanation to counter any issues raised in the article, e.g. they may have thought of something that I haven't. After such a process, we can ALL be better informed, and thus make better decisions.

Mazhar, nothing was withdrawn in chapter 73. Please be specific and cite the verse where it says do X, then the part/verse where it allegedly withdraws X. In chapter 73 all that was said was various time lengths were given during the night in which to study, and then later in 73:20 says its natural you wont be able to keep track and that's ok, do what you can. This would obviously vary, sometimes it could be most of the night, sometimes half, sometimes a little etc. Looking forward to your next example.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

Mazhar

Quote from: Wakas on August 09, 2018, 07:28:25 AM
peace,

GL, the quest to improve one's understanding is never ending so yes this will continue. One of the point of putting the article out there, is so that others who differ in view can bring their evidence/explanation to counter any issues raised in the article, e.g. they may have thought of something that I haven't. After such a process, we can ALL be better informed, and thus make better decisions.

Mazhar, nothing was withdrawn in chapter 73. Please be specific and cite the verse where it says do X, then the part/verse where it allegedly withdraws X. In chapter 73 all that was said was various time lengths were given during the night in which to study, and then later in 73:20 says its natural you wont be able to keep track and that's ok, do what you can. This would obviously vary, sometimes it could be most of the night, sometimes half, sometimes a little etc. Looking forward to your next example.

Ayah 1 commands to do a certain act.

They did it but could not follow the instruction about timings exactly as commanded.

Ayah 20 amended the injunction in Ayah 1.
[url="http://haqeeqat.pk/index.htm"]http://haqeeqat.pk/index.htm[/url]

Wakas

Quote from: Mazhar on August 09, 2018, 08:19:09 AM
Ayah 1 commands to do a certain act.

They did it but could not follow the instruction about timings exactly as commanded.

Ayah 20 amended the injunction in Ayah 1.

I assume you mean 73:2. In any case, 73:20 didn't amend anything, it clarified. Also, you cant just stop at 73:2, you have to read the next few verses that discuss the same instruction.

A) 73:2-4 stand the night except a little....... half of it or a little less or more...           <-------- that's the complete instruction

B) 73:20 God knows you stand a little less than 2/3 of the night, half of it, a third of it.....

The time frames of (A) and (B) are similar and can/do coincide, in other words no amendment.

If you disagree, fine. If you have other examples let us know.

All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

Wakas

peace all,

Let's now move onto another point. To those who believe in the Traditional version of events (i.e. believers were praying towards Jerusalem, then switched to cuboid called Kabbah).

The Quran clearly states in 2:150 that a reason given for the apparent change in qiblah is "so not will be for the people against you debate". In other words, doing this change will result in less/no debate/argument.

Can anyone explain why a united group (i.e. believers/jews/christians/etc all praying together in one direction, then believers disuniting and changing their prayer direction) will result in less debate/argument.

Mazhar

Quote from: Wakas on August 09, 2018, 10:46:57 AM
I assume you mean 73:2. In any case, 73:20 didn't amend anything, it clarified. Also, you cant just stop at 73:2, you have to read the next few verses that discuss the same instruction.

A) 73:2-4 stand the night except a little....... half of it or a little less or more...           <-------- that's the complete instruction

B) 73:20 God knows you stand a little less than 2/3 of the night, half of it, a third of it.....

The time frames of (A) and (B) are similar and can/do coincide, in other words no amendment.

If you disagree, fine. If you have other examples let us know.

Please read again, time frames are not the same they were directed to observe.

Novice

Quote from: Mazhar on August 09, 2018, 05:31:12 AM
Earlier an order was given. Then latter on it was withdrawn and amended by giving reasons and pointing out a delicate incapability of human mind.

Pl just reflect on it, later I will give you another example.

Brother Mazhar I do not see an order given in this verse by God and then later withdrawn. Our prophet and others were doing an act which was burdening them so merciful God told them to not overdo it.
How can an all knowing God order something which is not in accordance with human brain capability and has to withdraw it later. He does not err.

Regards

Mazhar

Quote from: Novice on August 09, 2018, 11:46:12 PM
Brother Mazhar I do not see an order given in this verse by God and then later withdrawn. Our prophet and others were doing an act which was burdening them so merciful God told them to not overdo it.
How can an all knowing God order something which is not in accordance with human brain capability and has to withdraw it later. He does not err.

Regards

Please read it and see what is it, do I need saying imperative verb is an order.

يَا أَيُّهَا الْمُزَّمِّلُ

قُمِ اللَّيْلَ إِلَّا قَلِيلًا

نِّصْفَهُ أَوِ انقُصْ مِنْهُ قَلِيلًا

أَوْ زِدْ عَلَيْهِ وَرَتِّلِ الْقُرْآنَ تَرْتِيلًا

O You who leads best the caravan; the most vigilant, cautious, careful; listen: [73:01]
Stand during night, but little, not all night,  [73:02]
Half the night or you may abate a little thereof; [73:03]
Or you may enhance a little more time than half night;
And  recite the Qur'aan distinctly making every syllable, vowel, pause prominent, in the manner of proportion, symmetry, uniformity and evenness. [73:04]

Prescribed measure of time could not be followed strictly as ordered, and
73:20

إِنَّ رَبَّكَ يَعْلَمُ أَنَّكَ تَقُومُ أَدْنَىٰ مِن ثُلُثَيِ اللَّيْلِ وَنِصْفَهُ وَثُلُثَهُ وَطَائِفَةٌ مِّنَ الَّذِينَ مَعَكَ ۚ وَاللَّهُ يُقَدِّرُ اللَّيْلَ وَالنَّهَارَ ۚ
عَلِمَ أَن لَّن تُحْصُوهُ فَتَابَ عَلَيْكُمْ ۖ فَاقْرَءُوا مَا تَيَسَّرَ مِنَ الْقُرْآنِ ۚ عَلِمَ أَن سَيَكُونُ مِنكُم مَّرْضَىٰ ۙ وَآخَرُونَ يَضْرِبُونَ فِي الْأَرْضِ يَبْتَغُونَ مِن فَضْلِ اللَّهِ ۙ وَآخَرُونَ يُقَاتِلُونَ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ ۖ فَاقْرَءُوا مَا تَيَسَّرَ مِنْهُ ۚ وَأَقِيمُوا الصَّلَاةَ وَآتُوا الزَّكَاةَ وَأَقْرِضُوا اللَّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا ۚ وَمَا تُقَدِّمُوا لِأَنفُسِكُم مِّنْ خَيْرٍ تَجِدُوهُ عِندَ اللَّهِ هُوَ خَيْرًا وَأَعْظَمَ أَجْرًا ۚ وَاسْتَغْفِرُوا اللَّهَ ۖ إِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ

Certainly your Sustainer Lord knows that you the Messenger stand sometimes two thirds of the night, and half the night and one third of the night;
And those of the party who accompanied you.

And Allah the Exalted proportions the measure of the Night and the Day.

He knew [and intended to expose for you] that you might not be able to keep track of measure {while deeply concentrating on recitation of Qur?ān}. Therefore, Allah the Exalted has turned to you.

Thereby, you people read that much part of Qur?ān which is felt effectively convenient [ for retaining your concentration/focus-the basic manner of reading a book]

He knows that there would certainly be among you people in ill-health;

And others quite frequently travel through the land, in pursuit of the bounty of Allah the Exalted;
Yet others will be engaged in confronting war/fighting in Allah's Cause.

Therefore, you people read that much part of it [Grand Qur?ān] which is felt convenient [for retaining your concentration/focus-the basic manner of reading a book]

Moreover, you people maintain Institution of As-sa'laat: Time Bound Protocol of Servitude and allegiance; and willingly pay Az-zaka'at: financial liability for economic uplift of society;

And you people heartily gift to Allah the Exalted a goodwill shearing from your wealth: financially help people only for seeking approval and appreciation of Him the Exalted;

Be aware; whatever good should you send ahead for yourselves [for life in the Hereafter], you will find it secure with Allah the Exalted.
You would find it most substantive and magnified, by way of returns/reward.

And incline yourselves to self accountability to seek bucketing-protection-forgiveness of Allah the Exalted for lapses/omissions.

It is a fact that Allah the Exalted is repeatedly Forgiving-Overlooking-the fountain of Mercy. [73:20]

Novice

Brother Mazhar

Thank you for explaining. If your explanation is valid then how would you respond to my following comment.

Quote from: Novice on August 09, 2018, 11:46:12 PM

In 73:2-4 a command is given but no restriction of time. It is giving relaxed and open time to fulfill the command.
قُمِ ٱلَّيۡلَ إِلَّا قَلِيلاً۬ (٢) نِّصۡفَهُ ۥۤ أَوِ ٱنقُصۡ مِنۡهُ قَلِيلاً (٣) أَوۡ زِدۡ عَلَيۡهِ وَرَتِّلِ ٱلۡقُرۡءَانَ تَرۡتِيلاً

From 73:20 it is informed that the prophet and believers with him were over doing it so Allah commanded them not to overdo it rather do it easy.
إِنَّ رَبَّكَ يَعۡلَمُ أَنَّكَ تَقُومُ أَدۡنَىٰ مِن ثُلُثَىِ ٱلَّيۡلِ وَنِصۡفَهُ ۥ وَثُلُثَهُ ۥ وَطَآٮِٕفَةٌ۬ مِّنَ ٱلَّذِينَ مَعَكَ‌ۚ وَٱللَّهُ يُقَدِّرُ ٱلَّيۡلَ وَٱلنَّہَارَ‌ۚ عَلِمَ أَن لَّن تُحۡصُوهُ فَتَابَ عَلَيۡكُمۡ‌ۖ

I still do not see any command given first and then withdrawn. It is rather correction of human fault and making things easy for the believers. The creator know the creation and their capabilities so why would He give a command that cannot be fulfilled by the believers?

imrankhawaja

Quote from: Novice on August 10, 2018, 06:07:27 PM

I still do not see any command given first and then withdrawn. It is rather correction of human fault and making things easy for the believers. The creator know the creation and their capabilities so why would He give a command that cannot be fulfilled by the believers?

TRUE

universal God already knows everything ...

command of doing work in night vs command of not doing work in night  = change in command..

command of doing work in night ( with as much hours as you can ) without any restriction vs command of doing work in night relaxly, not that you think working hard and forcing urself will make God happy .. so he clarified by what he means at first place... = (take it easy Guys do as much as u can with ease)  = not change in command but making them understand what was the command  ;)

hence brother mazhar provide another example ... as per quran..

today i read all of this thread,
so far nobody attempted the points what wakas raised (including me) lol when they bring their understanding then we will weigh the evidences on the table.

blessing in the name of God..